Xamar was established by nomads

Garaad diinle

 
That's not valid evidence if there's nobody that claims to descend from them, besides samaale's originated in modern day eastern Ethiopia. So why would that son specifically be on the other side of the horn.
There are some who claim decent from him two in particular there might be more though. They're dhagkawe and barkhadle.

7rnIMtb.jpg

They've even been mentioned by caydarus himself and he did mention where they were found in his time.

pen7pmH.jpg

And about xamar ibn samaale some of his branches are the people of dhagkawe and the people of barakatle and they live in the land of barawe all the way to lamo with the tunni.

Stop lying. Sections of Murusade lived in Shangaani as natives. Waaberi next door is literally an old Murusade goof. Our ancestors were named “Garfuul” and they used to work in the courts of Ajuuraan, that's why Murusade was an early inhabitant in Xamar and the South. Know this, mahmaha jirtay gar qaadka gareen ajurana leh, gar naqsi garfuul karanla leh! The once from Xamar Daye you are on are different from the once in Afgooye who are different from the once on the coast who are different from the ones in Ceelbuur, Baraawe etc.

View attachment 308109
Name the so called murusade reers in shingaani then, which confederacy were they apart of ? The known murusades are the ones in dhabarweyne confederacy that's all , what's garfuul and ajuran gareen got to do with xamar? Waabari before being inhabited would've been were murusades grazed .
Screenshot_20231221_094935.jpg
The Mursola cabile constitutes a very numerous group: it has no freedmen and its members are mainly dedicated to the cultivation of the few shambe (small fields) in the surroundings of Mogadishu.

Same source that you used says that about murusade, doesn't sound like they lived in some mundul xaafad in shingaani as it says surroundings

There are some who claim decent from him two in particular there might be more though. They're dhagkawe and barkhadle.

7rnIMtb.jpg

They've even been mentioned by caydarus himself and he did mention where they were found in his time.

pen7pmH.jpg
That would mean they're part of tunni confederacy and very small since there's no subclans of any of the Tunni clans with that name

Garaad diinle

 
That would mean they're part of tunni confederacy and very small since there's no subclans of any of the Tunni clans with that name
Figured as much and on top of being small in numbers they're also spread out throughout the coast too which makes it hard to get a hold of them and learn about their history. There is not much writing about them in public sources so we'd have to ask a local elder, i'd guess they'd be found among various confederacy on the coast. I hear they use to be of significance back in time and i've also heard that they had a close relationship or an alliance with the ajuraan clan.

Last edited:
Name the so called murusade reers in shingaani then, which confederacy were they apart of ? The known murusades are the ones in dhabarweyne confederacy that's all , what's garfuul and ajuran gareen got to do with xamar? Waabari before being inhabited would've been were murusades grazed .
View attachment 308157The Mursola cabile constitutes a very numerous group: it has no freedmen and its members are mainly dedicated to the cultivation of the few shambe (small fields) in the surroundings of Mogadishu.

Same source that you used says that about murusade, doesn't sound like they lived in some mundul xaafad in shingaani as it says surroundings
Thats just referring to the murusade who live in the outskirts who are considerably more than the murusade townspeople since we are a basal nomadic/fielders hence it says "mainly". It’s no different to the abgaal who have both townspeople and herdsmen in the outskirts. As for their subclan breakdown, murusade is a collective and never go by anything except that collective name except in central Somalia which are segregated grazing lands.

Thats just referring to the murusade who live in the outskirts who are considerably more than the murusade townspeople since we are a basal nomadic/fielders hence it says "mainly". It’s no different to the abgaal who have both townspeople and herdsmen in the outskirts. As for their subclan breakdown, murusade is a collective and never go by anything except that collective name except in central Somalia which are segregated grazing lands.
Now you're coping after being corrected on numerous occasions, the abgaals in the town are known like reer Cali Imaam and the waceysle families in shingaani like reer nur mukalow and another who's name i can't remember but are apart of seddex geedi. Murusades on the coast don't they either go by their progenitor that arrived on the coast like the ones of dhabarweyne reer Wabas there's also the shukureere in marka, who moved in around 300 years ago.

Now you're coping after being corrected on numerous occasions, the abgaals in the town are known like reer Cali Imaam and the waceysle families in shingaani like reer nur mukalow and another who's name i can't remember but are apart of seddex geedi. Murusades on the coast don't they either go by their progenitor that arrived on the coast like the ones of dhabarweyne reer Wabas there's also the shukureere in marka, who moved in around 300 years ago.
How is it cope lmfao, where have you proved anyone wrong? Source says we live in Shangaani, listed as a native alongside confederacies without being in one, both in Xamar and in Barawe in Italian censuses - we lived in Baraawe for many centuries, are a numerous group, and have a main livelihood of raising crops in the outskirts. It doesn't take a genius to know you can live in one place and grow your produce next door. In this case Shangani district is full of close quarter settlements and crop growers need the outdoors to farm. Just because you weren't allowed to own camels and had to sell sweets doesn't negate my priviledge in having the luxury to own wealth inside and outside the city. I currently live in the UK and have relatives looking after and visiting my farms in kurtunwaaray today. It also doesnt take a genuis to know Shangani's distance to a place likely referring to Wardhigley is less than a mile or two which is under 30 mins on foot and would have been where we raised crops or grazed small herds before it became part of the city in the 20s and 30s. Mind you being listed as a native while Rer Mataan and Wacdaan who heavily lived with us everywhere were almost full time herdsmen tells you something. There weren't even slave workers with us which means we had no heavy industry that required us to work on fields outside the town all the time. You're pretty dense and will go around circles and jump hoops to defend a weak narrative. The Banadir coast does not belong to a bunch of laangaabs sxb. It's strategic land and empires had to be taken down to claim it. If Oromos almost succeeded claiming Harar through conquests after conquests what makes you think the Banadir coast is untouchable 😂 Live with the truth, don't defend a lie just to affirm to your agenda that everyone sees right through. Murusade is one of the most urban tribes in Somalia and everyone knows this sxb. How do you think we exported skin hides via the ports when its the 4th largest commodity in Somalia after bananas, livestock and incenses? Even Siad Barre called us the Indians of Somalia for our business accumen. Indians are known as Banyans in old Somalia and use to come all the way from Hyderabad to Xamar, Berbera and Bosaso to lock off the towns with all their products. The highest Murusade Minister today in Govt Hasan Moalin is a great grandson of a famous trader who lived in Zanzibar half the year to sell wood and timber brought all the way from Shalambood and Janaale.

@Banadiri Warrior you need to stop being dense and apply some critical thinking in your arguments. Show some nuances in your understanding of somali clan heritage and history. Not every lamagoodle is a savage spearman kkkk. I can plough you with US reports in the 90s describing Murusade as a modest business class. This means Murusade historically followed where the money goes. Even the old Karanle of Ethiopia were called industrious ppl by the Italians. By no means are we saying Shingaani unukaaleh, but that census was over a century ago and Xamar was a small town. Infact Shingani was preceded by Xamarwayne but was built as a district to accomodate foreigners to trade in the city. Abgal imaams lived there as a seat of power to use the trade for political power, naturally we would fit right in as an urban class and historically competed with Abgaals to this day. The city has grown since and places like Waberi, Hodan and Howlwadag (Bakara Market) have taken over Shingani as business districts and who lives there? Bingo Murusade!

How is it cope lmfao, where have you proved anyone wrong? Source says we live in Shangaani, listed as a native alongside confederacies without being in one, both in Xamar and in Barawe in Italian censuses - we lived in Baraawe for many centuries, are a numerous group, and have a main livelihood of raising crops in the outskirts. It doesn't take a genius to know you can live in one place and grow your produce next door. In this case Shangani district is full of close quarter settlements and crop growers need the outdoors to farm. Just because you weren't allowed to own camels and had to sell sweets doesn't negate my priviledge in having the luxury to own wealth inside and outside the city. I currently live in the UK and have relatives looking after and visiting my farms in kurtunwaaray today. It also doesnt take a genuis to know Shangani's distance to a place likely referring to Wardhigley is less than a mile or two which is under 30 mins on foot and would have been where we raised crops or grazed small herds before it became part of the city in the 20s and 30s. Mind you being listed as a native while Rer Mataan and Wacdaan who heavily lived with us everywhere were almost full time herdsmen tells you something. There weren't even slave workers with us which means we had no heavy industry that required us to work on fields outside the town all the time. You're pretty dense and will go around circles and jump hoops to defend a weak narrative. The Banadir coast does not belong to a bunch of laangaabs sxb. It's strategic land and empires had to be taken down to claim it. If Oromos almost succeeded claiming Harar through conquests after conquests what makes you think the Banadir coast is untouchable 😂 Live with the truth, don't defend a lie just to affirm to your agenda that everyone sees right through. Murusade is one of the most urban tribes in Somalia and everyone knows this sxb. How do you think we exported skin hides via the ports when its the 4th largest commodity in Somalia after bananas, livestock and incenses? Even Siad Barre called us the Indians of Somalia for our business accumen. Indians are known as Banyans in old Somalia and use to come all the way from Hyderabad to Xamar, Berbera and Bosaso to lock off the towns with all their products. The highest Murusade Minister today in Govt Hasan Moalin is a great grandson of a famous trader who lived in Zanzibar half the year to sell wood and timber brought all the way from Shalambood and Janaale.
Your source doesn't say murusades lived in shingaani, you still haven't named the murusade reers , can you even name which xaafad in shingaani they lived in? Still no evidence of this so called mundul xaafad of 700 Murusades in shingaani.

I didn't ask for a lifestory or you to brag just prove which murusades lived in shingaani and where, the ones in xamarweyne are known and the xaafad they live in is known. Also we owned camels, we used them as transport and rode them around, used them for trade caravans and as for preparing sesame oil.

Murusades didn't live in barawa for centuries either , which tunni clan were they apart of then? Because they surely weren't apart of Biida confederacy or Hatimi, so that would mean they lived in the surrounding hut settlements with the tunnis, the wacdaans in tunni are known they're among reer bakoole, who were those so called murusades amongst?

@Banadiri Warrior you need to stop being dense and apply some critical thinking in your arguments. Show some nuances in your understanding of somali clan heritage and history. Not every lamagoodle is a savage spearman kkkk. I can plough you with US reports in the 90s describing Murusade as a modest business class. This means Murusade historically followed where the money goes. Even the old Karanle of Ethiopia were called industrious ppl by the Italians. By no means are we saying Shingaani unukaaleh, but that census was over a century ago and Xamar was a small town. Infact Shingani was preceded by Xamarwayne but was built as a district to accomodate foreigners to trade in the city. Abgal imaams lived there as a seat of power to use the trade for political power, naturally we would fit right in as an urban class and historically competed with Abgaals to this day. The city has grown since and places like Waberi, Hodan and Howlwadag (Bakara Market) have taken over Shingani as business districts and who lives there? Bingo Murusade!
Still coping, I wouldn't have mentioned the murusade reer of xamarweyne if I believed they were all from baadiya, natives of shingaani aren't foreigners , how would they be foreigners if they've resided in shingaani when murusades and abgaals were still in their ancestral land. You still haven't named where murusades lived in shingaani and who they were.

Still coping, I wouldn't have mentioned the murusade reer of xamarweyne if I believed they were all from baadiya, natives of shingaani aren't foreigners , how would they be foreigners if they've resided in shingaani when murusades and abgaals were still in their ancestral land. You still haven't named where murusades lived in shingaani and who they were.
You'll never see minorities in clan maps because they aren't even considered land owners. They were co-opted as settlers and allowed to live there to give Xamar a cosmopolitan flavour. That's how trade works. Everyone trading in the UK lives in London or the biggest towns to grow the city as a global financial hub. No different to Harar.

7d7de8f1-66e8-4daf-90a1-143cfce8463e.jpeg

Regno di Soali which is the kingdom of Somalia in modern day Sanaag and Togdheer areas, look at how many castle and fort structures appear in the Somali interior all over the country. Will you @Banadiri Warrior credit these marvels with cadcads and Arabs kkkk

You'll never see minorities in clan maps because they aren't even considered land owners. They were co-opted as settlers and allowed to live there to give Xamar a cosmopolitan flavour. That's how trade works. Everyone trading in the UK lives in London or the biggest towns to grow the city as a global financial hub. No different to Harar.
Zero correlation, those minorities you're talking about are natives that established their own settlement's. It was infact reer samaale's coming from baadiya that were allowed in. Looks like you enjoy running away from my questions, I know you can't find an answer so I'll take your waffle as you admitting to being wrong

Zero correlation, those minorities you're talking about are natives that established their own settlement's. It was infact reer samaale's coming from baadiya that were allowed in. Looks like you enjoy running away from my questions, I know you can't find an answer so I'll take your waffle as you admitting to being wrong
My answer is here

IMG_4083.png

He also says that the language of the people of Xamar Weyne is not Arabic
and The language of the people of Shangani is a mixture of between Arabic and the language of the people of Xamar Weyne 👇🏽
بغية الآمال في تاريخ الصومال للشريف عيدروس_0064.jpg

@Garaad diinle

Garaad diinle

 
He also says that the language of the people of Xamar Weyne is not Arabic
and The language of the people of Shangani is a mixture of between Arabic and the language of the people of Xamar Weyne 👇🏽
View attachment 309006
@Garaad diinle
This would be in line with the account of ibn battuta in 1330 ad where he noted how the people of mogadishu spoke a language other than arabic. You can even find some linages containing somali names going back centuries.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts