Xamar was established by nomads

hanif#

Somalo-Arab
Xamar was established by nomads presumably Somali nomads according to Banadiri sources

See: bughyat Al amal fi tarikh Al sumal

@bana

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
This is absolute nonsense. Banaadir was established by the noble banaadiri people also known as xamar.

Before the 19th century Lamagoodles weren't allowed to remain in the city overnight, they used to bring the milk and were banished from the city before maghrib.

hanif#

Somalo-Arab
This is absolute nonsense. Banaadir was established by the noble banaadiri people also known as xamar.

Before the 19th century Lamagoodles weren't allowed to remain in the city overnight, they used to bring the milk and were banished from the city before maghrib.
Not according to Shariff Ayduruus a Banadiri historian
Screenshot_20231209_202850_WPS Office.jpg
Screenshot_20231209_202926_WPS Office.jpg

hanif#

Somalo-Arab
Your post is kind of misleading.
I should have said interior Somalis

met other people who also came to the land as strangers, and decided to host the other strangers as if they were not strangers themselves.
It mentions this. They hosted them even though they were strangers themselves because they preceded them to the spot.

بالرغم من أننا غرباء مثلكم في هذا المكان، ولكنني سبقتكم بهذا المنزل، ويلزم علي أن أكون رب المنزل الليلة

this entire source is schizo
How? Do you have a better source for the foundation of Xamar

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP

Sxb what do u have against noble nomads, nomads have established the most superior empire through out history if u have inferiority complex just say it Mogadishu have been said multiple times to have nomad culture, don't make these people noble its pethatic
They great at making xalwo tho, dont disrespect noble Lamagoodle 3,000 history
1702148665979.png

Last edited:

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
Nomads do not build cities. Their life is a nomadic life They do not settle anywhere and do not live on the coast
U do know nomads settle right? They view nomad like some branded people who aren't capable of doing shit even tho history most powerful empires were established by nomads

It mentions this. They hosted them even though they were strangers themselves because they preceded them to the spot.

بالرغم من أننا غرباء مثلكم في هذا المكان، ولكنني سبقتكم بهذا المنزل، ويلزم علي أن أكون رب المنزل الليلة

I should have said the origin story sounds schizo, I am sure your source is sound. As for who founded xamar, I am not sure. You must ask the inhabitants today. if Somalis founded xamar then I would presume it would have been the merchant class rather than nomadic Somalis. Not all Somalis were nomads. Also I am not sure whether or not it was Somalis or Benadiris, Allahu a3lam. I am sure it was ruled by both at a time

It's not a source but a legendary myth like do you actually believe that Hamarweyne was built by a man who found red blooded gold in the skin of the camel ???

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
U do know nomads settle right? They view nomad like some branded people who aren't capable of doing shit even tho history most powerful empires were established by nomads
Nomads move where there is rain and grass. I am a descendant of nomads, and I know that they did not live in cities, and they did not like living in cities, even because of the diseases there and the raids that could occur.Living in a spacious, clean land was safer than cities in the past

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
This topic was discussed many times by Factz and others. Mogdishu as a port city was established thousands of years ago before the Arabs or Persians step a foot in.

Mogadishu was founded and established by Arabs. The first tribes of Mogadishu were the Banu Qahtaan. Somalis were not urban people until later in history. Somalis were not even allowed inside Mogadishu after nightfall. Heavy restrictions were placed on nomadic movements in the town of Mogadishu.

You were shown archeological evidence of grave sites and how they had names and clans engraved on them that were foreign and Somali. You were shown numerous manuscripts detailing the strong Arab presence on the Benadir coast. You were shown manuscripts demonstrating that the Banu Qahtaan were the first tribes of Mogadishu. You were shown the census collected by the Italian colonial regime, showing Somalis were a minority in Mogadishu and the Benadiri people were the majority. The Banadiri people were able to preserve all their manuscripts despite encountering numerous wars and mass migrations into their lands

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Mogadishu was founded and established by Arabs. The first tribes of Mogadishu were the Banu Qahtaan. Somalis were not urban people until later in history. Somalis were not even allowed inside Mogadishu after nightfall. Heavy restrictions were placed on nomadic movements in the town of Mogadishu.

You were shown archeological evidence of grave sites and how they had names and clans engraved on them that were foreign and Somali. You were shown numerous manuscripts detailing the strong Arab presence on the Benadir coast. You were shown manuscripts demonstrating that the Banu Qahtaan were the first tribes of Mogadishu. You were shown the census collected by the Italian colonial regime, showing Somalis were a minority in Mogadishu and the Benadiri people were the majority. The Banadiri people were able to preserve all their manuscripts despite encountering numerous wars and mass migrations into their lands

Your opinion on this matter, no proof given, just agenda.

Your opinion on this matter, no proof given, just agenda.

Niyoow what agenda? Banu Qahtaan were the first tribes of Mogadishu and this is well documented. Read Banadiri warriors post.
Few names of the ancient masjids built by the native Arabs and Persians, there's no point naming all of masjids of Xamarweyne and Shingaani as none were built by reer samaale's, so I'll just name the oldest ones

Masjid Jaamacada
Masjid Fakhruddin (Haji Muhammad bin Abdullah bin Muhammad Ash-Shirazi)
Masjid Arbaca Ruskin (Khusrow Bin Muhammad Ash-Shirazi)
Masjid Ash-Shariif Ahmad
Masjid Al Marwaas
Masjid Al Xaaji Musa
Masjid Sheikh Rumaani
Masjid Abdulaziz Al Makhzuumi

Here Shariif Caydaruus lists the earliest tribes to settle in Muqdisho and who their modern day descendants would be for example, Shaanshi from Jidcati's, Gudmane from Al Afiifi, Reer Faqih from Banu Qahtaan, As for Al Aqabi then they relocated to Marka where they established Duruqba Neighbourhood where they still reside in till this day.

View attachment 306392

This information is from manuscripts that were kept by Mucallim Mukarram from his ancestor Faqih Ahmad bin Faqih Abu Bakr Al Qahtani, here's the manuscript which was copied and also translated by Cerulli. View attachment 306394

Here, more tribes are named which mostly still reside in Muqdisho till this day ;View attachment 306395

As for gravesites, the two oldest of the existing graves are from Arab Muslims that passed away in early 2nd hijri century, before samaale even existed, their inscriptions are translated below, I wouldn't even need to list all the existing graves of Arabs and Persians from 7th and 8th hijri century as this is sufficient.
View attachment 306396

Now it's upon you to show atleast one ancient structure left behind by so called ancient samaale's of Banaadir coast wether it's a masjid, gravesite or neighbourhood in ruins or even name one reer xamar clan that descend from samaale and lived in xamar during 12th hijri century.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP

Lol abgaal ruled that city from 1595 till colonists came to the country 🤣

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP

So your telling me they are kicking out the rulers of the city 🤣

attash

Amaan Duule

Here we go again. Ibn Batutta, who visited the city himself said that the ruler of Mogadishu was a Berberah who spoke a non-Arabic tongue, of the same stock as the people of Zeila. In his description of Zeila, he says that it is a "town of the Berberah, who are a negro people. Their land is a desert extending for two months' journey from Zayla to Maqdashaw." In case there is any doubt who the Berberah are, there is only one dark-skinned ethnic group that inhabits the lands between Zeila and Mogadishu, and it definitely isn't the Arabs.

This is a DIRECT eye-witness account saying that Mogadishu was ruled by non-Arabs. Meanwhile, there is NOT A SINLGE primary, first hand, eye-witness account saying that Mogadishu was EVER ruled by Arabs, NOT ONE. The census collected by the Italians, show that Gibil-madow tribes outnumber Gibil-cad Benadiris, and that cadcads only formed 20% of Mogadishu's population in the colonial period.

But let me guess, I "failed to read these sources with a critical eye" :drakelaugh: Tell me the mistakes I made when I read these sources. Does "negro Berberah" actually mean "blonde Arab" in this context? Does what Ibn Battuta says contradict the "consensus of historians", thus making him incorrect. Give me the bullshit reason you cannot accept this unmistakeabley clear evidence I provided you. :mjlol:

1702172583581.png

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Here we go again. Ibn Batutta, who visited the city himself said that the ruler of Mogadishu was a Berberah who spoke a non-Arabic tongue, of the same stock as the people of Zeila. In his description of Zeila, he says that it is a "town of the Berberah, who are a negro people. Their land is a desert extending for two months' journey from Zayla to Maqdashaw." In case there is any doubt who the Berberah are, there is only one dark-skinned ethnic group that inhabits the lands between Zeila and Mogadishu, and it definitely isn't the Arabs.

This is a DIRECT eye-witness account saying that Mogadishu was ruled by non-Arabs. Meanwhile, there is NOT A SINLGE primary, first hand, eye-witness account saying that Mogadishu was EVER ruled by Arabs, NOT ONE. The census collected by the Italians, show that Gibil-madow tribes outnumber Gibil-cad Benadiris, and that cadcads only formed 20% of Mogadishu's population in the colonial period.

But let me guess, I "failed to read these sources with a critical eye" :drakelaugh: Tell me the mistakes I made when I read these sources. Does "negro Berberah" actually mean "blonde Arab" in this context? Does what Ibn Battuta says contradict the "consensus of historians", thus making him incorrect. Give me the bullshit reason you cannot accept this unmistakeabley clear evidence I provided you. :mjlol:

View attachment 306783
At this point i think he might have a humiliation kink.

This is an intellectual beatdown of the century.

Trending