Why do somalis in britain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk like nigerians?

Man you guys need to leave those nigerian neighborhoods asap you've inherited their speech patterns entirely

When I first met my cousin's from the UK, I thought they'd speak like the queen. To my surprise they spoke like they were raised in the gutter:jcoleno: I can't take them seriously.

It's the jamaican influence on the british accent for youth that's making them talk like that. The Caribbean influence is also happening in Toronto, Somalis are influencing Toronto slang too through music. Xabad, kawaal, walaahi, saqajaan etc.. are all making it mainstream.
It's interesting seeing ajanibs using somali words in their slang.:ehh:

Somalis are scattered everywhere in the UK; Nigerians are congregated in the South of London . It is impossible for Somalis to sound like them unless you grew up in Peckham.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Somalis are scattered everywhere in the UK; Nigerians are congregated in the South of London . It is impossible for Somalis to sound like them unless you grew up in Peckham.

shes ignorant probably means yardies, the answer is because they grow up around them, and its not just somalis all ethnicities sound like that.

I don’t, I speak proper English. I only use slang ironically
In London everyone who’s raised in Council estates speake like that. White, black, Indian

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
My cousins have a less extreme version of that accent. I guess it depends on who you grow up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts