An analysis of Somali English accents in SE England

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. MLE -Medium Cockney hybrid .Fairly common in some areas of London and the South East.This Accent is characterised by medium or light cockney dialect with some clear MLE pronunciations and word formation .This accent is best characterised by Sir Mo Farah :

2.Strong Estuary English.This in fact rare as most Somalis grow up in working class areas and attend comprehensive secondary schools .Rageh Omar is good example of this accent ,as he speaks with a middle class estuary accent ,albeit with some elements of a mild Conservative RP (Received pronunciation accent )at times .

3.Multicultural London English
(MLE
) . Spoken by a large number of Somalis who either came to the UK as children or were born there .this is the most popular accent amongst young people from minority backgrounds (those who grow up in multicultural areas with Afro Caribbean influences ).The harshest representation of this accent is characterised by the young Lady Ramla from Black chat -although she emphasises the Afro -Madowtonic glottal sounds far too much . A very good representation by the Hawiye chap below :

4.Cockney (light to medium ).very rare , as one has to virtually be adopted into a pub orphanage to have this kind of accent .this accent is best represented by the somaliland Essex fellow below :

5. Mild working class -educated estuary Xalimo accent :
This one should be self explanatory.

6.BBE ( Broken Burco English ).Spoken by Waraabes family .We arr for the bibal of the beritish Somaliland brotectorate etc !

Next we Will discuss which British dialect or accent we will get you better jobs ?
Which accent will decrease your meh-r price ?
Which accent is best for sales ?
How does one become accent or dialect fluid ?
Are Somalis really great communicators ?

Keep on discussing some Ethiopian DNA results and make_up abusers !

Gambar

VIP
You can be from a working class environment and not have a working class accent. It depends on what schools you went to, your mentors, whether or not you are influenced by those around you, etc. There's also code switching.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Had some relatives visit from the UK once, shocking accents that sounded more from Kingston than London.

You can be from a working class environment and not have a working class accent. It depends on what schools you went to, your mentors, whether or not you are influenced by those around you, etc. There's also code switching.
Don't gate crash my five minutes of Suugo science fame .

Abdi Essex :drakelaugh:

I don't know what my accent is tbh lol it's easily influenced

Next we Will discuss which British dialect or accent we will get you better jobs ?
Which accent will decrease your meh-r price ?
Which accent is best for sales ?
How does one become accent or dialect fluid ?
Are Somalis really great communicators ?

Keep on discussing some Ethiopian DNA results and make_up abusers !

RP accents are heavily favoured when ur looking to get jobs l, that's why everyone and their mother code switch when they go for interviews lol

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
1. MLE -Medium Cockney hybrid .Fairly common in some areas of London and the South East.This Accent is characterised by medium or light cockney dialect with some clear MLE pronunciations and word formation .This accent is best characterised by Sir Mo Farah :

2.Strong Estuary English.This in fact rare as most Somalis grow up in working class areas and attend comprehensive secondary schools .Rageh Omar is good example of this accent ,as he speaks with a middle class estuary accent ,albeit with some elements of a mild Conservative RP (Received pronunciation accent )at times .

3.Multicultural London English
(MLE
) . Spoken by a large number of Somalis who either came to the UK as children or were born there .this is the most popular accent amongst young people from minority backgrounds (those who grow up in multicultural areas with Afro Caribbean influences ).The harshest representation of this accent is characterised by the young Lady Ramla from Black chat -although she emphasises the Afro -Madowtonic glottal sounds far too much . A very good representation by the Hawiye chap below :

4.Cockney (light to medium ).very rare , as one has to virtually be adopted into a pub orphanage to have this kind of accent .this accent is best represented by the somaliland Essex fellow below :

5. Mild working class -educated estuary Xalimo accent :
This one should be self explanatory.

6.BBE ( Broken Burco English ).Spoken by Waraabes family .We arr for the bibal of the beritish Somaliland brotectorate etc !
:dead::dead1::deadmanny::deadosama:

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
When it comes to interviews and getting shit done on the phone or speaking to white people rageh omaar is the way to go. Otherwise the Mo Farah version of MLE not like I'm straight outta Kingston

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
No man seriously I would say I am between 1 and 4. I’m definitely on the cockney side, maybe not as bad as Abdi Essex.
Number 3 is the worst, I used to speak like that when I was 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending