Why do Somalis have their own country, but Afars and Oromos don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vast majority of Ethiopians are E1B1B, meaning they share the same DNA with other Horners. Apart from some mixed heritage from the Neolithic that some groups such as the Ahmara/Tigrayan exhibit, they are Cushitic phonetically despite speaking a Semitic language.
There is credence to suggest there is a level of affiliation between the linguistic categorisation of a people and their race/ethnic background. However, it's not certain. Many many Amharas are Cushitic ethnically, but are speaking a Semitic language. This is normal in the Horn.

I do not believe in the concept of hatred between ethnic groups in the Horn. I think Horners had enough of that. Africa is ripe for conquest. Why focus on our backyard? Never made sense to me.

BTW the behaviour you see being displayed here is why we don't have a country and you do, my dear love. Bear that in mind.

:it0tdo8:
fuckn hitler was E1B1B. doesnt mean shit.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
The lines below tell the Somali's, say:
tell tsimur,
tell zenker,
tell adal

I wonder what it means by this. Apart from Adal are any of the words Somali?

Is tsimur or Timur Harari for Somalis? As some other person said on a different forum... @Young Popeye
I remember reading somewhere that simur/tsimur is/was the Harari name for Somalis, yeah.
I think they still call Somalis that? Not sure.

Zenker is completely alien to me. No idea what that means.

I remember reading somewhere that simur/tsimur is/was the Harari name for Somalis, yeah.
I think they still call Somalis that? Not sure.

Zenker is completely alien to me. No idea what that means.
I see. So Ifat may have had other groups (although it'd be strange that another word for Somali would be used instead of the group themselves), or Yeshak's forces consisted of other groups and hence the different word for Somali? I don't know:cosbyhmm:

It's reference at the bottom, I translated it to English as it was in Italian and it reads "This is the previous verse in one line.", so it maybe has the same meaning. So that would be zenker=adal as that line has got the same note beside it.
But there's this:
ARMNjWy.png

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I see. So Ifat may have had other groups (although it'd be strange that another word for Somali would be used instead of the group themselves), or Yeshak's forces consisted of other groups and hence the different word for Somali? I don't know:cosbyhmm:

It's reference at the bottom, I translated it to English as it was in Italian and it reads "This is the previous verse in one line.", so it maybe has the same meaning. So that would be zenker=adal as that line has got the same note beside it.
But there's this:
ARMNjWy.png
It makes you wonder how long the term Somali was even in use.
And what words were used before?
At this point in history it must have been relatively new since it was the first recorded use of it :cosbyhmm:

I think it's pretty much a given that Ifat was multiethnic (with the majority being Somali). It's a shame this is such a little known part of history.

The vast majority of Ethiopians are E1B1B, meaning they share the same DNA with other Horners. Apart from some mixed heritage from the Neolithic that some groups such as the Ahmara/Tigrayan exhibit, they are Cushitic phonetically despite speaking a Semitic language.
There is credence to suggest there is a level of affiliation between the linguistic categorisation of a people and their race/ethnic background. However, it's not certain. Many many Amharas are Cushitic ethnically, but are speaking a Semitic language. This is normal in the Horn.

I do not believe in the concept of hatred between ethnic groups in the Horn. I think Horners had enough of that. Africa is ripe for conquest. Why focus on our backyard? Never made sense to me.

BTW the behaviour you see being displayed here is why we don't have a country and you do, my dear love. Bear that in mind.

:it0tdo8:

My point was we don't have to be related to co-exist peacefully. why insist that sharing language, DNA, and religion is the hallmark of a successful country, when that is not the case in Somalia. People will always find something to divide themselves with so just embrace different and move on. It really is not that difficult since the majority of people on here live in a country where they are a minority and co-exist with people who share none of these things with.

We are Amhara but on one side of my family Oromifa is spoken as often as Amharic. I have family that are ortodox, muslim, and protestant. I can count the number of cousins i have with one hand, including me, whose parents share an ethnic group. I have cousins that are half, tigray, oromo, somali, wolayta etc and we still all manege to sit together eat, laugh and share our sorrow. why is this looked down up on in Somali society?

i hate sounding preachy but this thread forced my hand:bell:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
My point was we don't have to be related to co-exist peacefully. why insist that sharing language, DNA, and religion is the hallmark of a successful country, when that is not the case in Somalia. People will always find something to divide themselves with so just embrace different and move on. It really is not that difficult since the majority of people on here live in a country where they are a minority and co-exist with people who share none of these things with.

We are Amhara but on one side of my family Oromifa is spoken as often as Amharic. I have family that are ortodox, muslim, and protestant. I can count the number of cousins i have with one hand, including me, whose parents share an ethnic group. I have cousins that are half, tigray, oromo, somali, wolayta etc and we still all manege to sit together eat, laugh and share our sorrow. why is this looked down up on in Somali society?

But they're not exactly living in peace are they :icon lol:

It's a brutal one party dictatorship by and for a tiny ethnic group of 6 million :icon lol:

But they're not exactly living in peace are they :icon lol:

It's a brutal one party dictatorship by and for a tiny ethnic group of 6 million :icon lol:

i didn't say we live in a perfect democracy. i was talking about interpersonal connection to each other then to the government.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
i didn't say we live in a perfect democracy. i was talking about interpersonal connection to each other then to the government.

Somalis have an obsession with blood purity and abhor all manner of foreigners :zhqjlmx:

It's difficult for us to understand how a group like the Oromo, 40 million strong, can allow themselves to be totally dominated by minority groups to the point where large numbers of them have been totally Habashized.

Perhaps our xenophobia has allowed us to survive whereas many of our Cushitic cousins have or are in the process of extinction.

Somalis have an obsession with blood purity and abhor all manner of foreigners :zhqjlmx:

It's difficult for us to understand how a group like the Oromo, 40 million strong, can allow themselves to be totally dominated by minority groups to the point where large numbers of them have been totally Habashized.

Perhaps our xenophobia has allowed us to survive whereas many of our Cushitic cousins have or are in the process of extinction.

what is extinction in this case? if they are 40 million strong and still speak their language, practice their culture then i don't see how they are going extinct. If your taking about representation in government then they are under represented in the top brass which is almost all tigray but there are sill a lot of oromo in government. TPLF is a coalition party that includes the oromo party. Nobody is arguing that needs to change but politics is not what i was referring to earlier. That is a rabbit hole i don't want to go in.

Either way.

Lila, this forum is far from that which is representative of Somalis. You will never hear in public the nonsense you see here. This forum was designed for those who have views outside of the mainstream of the Somali public. I come from a clan that resides in mainly Ethiopia. We also have territory in what is known as Somaliland. But I have relatives who are Amhara, Oromo, Gurage, Agew and every ethnic group in Ethiopia. They see each other as family before ethnicity. A good example is that I am closer to my Amhara relatives whom I share lineal and blood ties than a Somali from the Darod or Hawiye clans and I know many many of my clan members who feel the same way. I kid you not.

Most of the users here are trolls. They do not represent the mainstream Somali viewpoint on any given issue, my dear.

:meleshame:

what is extinction in this case? if they are 40 million strong and still speak their language, practice their culture then i don't see how they are going extinct. If your taking about representation in government then they are under represented in the top brass which is almost all tigray but there are sill a lot of oromo in government. TPLF is a coalition party that includes the oromo party. Nobody is arguing that needs to change but politics is not what i was referring to earlier. That is a rabbit hole i don't want to go in.

They aren't allowed to practise their culture and their language was banned until recently. Somalis are looted, raped and beaten. Other Cushitic groups like the afar and Saho are also oppressed in Eritrea by your xabshi cousins. The identity of the region has been subsumed into the xabashi ethno-cultural invaders with their chicken-scratch writing and their epileptic languages. We must drive these Yemeni invaders like the Spanish reconquista.:fittytousand:

Either way.

Lila, this forum is far from that which is representative of Somalis. You will never hear in public the nonsense you see here. This forum was designed for those who have views outside of the mainstream of the Somali public. I come from a clan that resides in mainly Ethiopia. We also have territory in what is known as Somaliland. But I have relatives who are Amhara, Oromo, Gurage, Agew and every ethnic group in Ethiopia. They see each other as family before ethnicity. A good example is that I am closer to my Amhara relatives whom I share lineal and blood ties than a Somali from the Darod or Hawiye clans and I know many many of my clan members who feel the same way. I kid you not.

Most of the users here are trolls. They do not represent the mainstream Somali viewpoint on any given issue, my dear.

:meleshame:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@Prince Abubu

Walahi I used to believe in Somaliweyn and all that nonsense but I woke up to the truth.
Somaliweyn has become a weapon that Darod/Hawiye use to further their own clan interests. My folks don't gain anything from it. Why should I support it? Basically, Somaliweyn means that every other somali clan including yours will be the ones who will shed blood and be killed for it. Just like in the 80's and in history. Whilst they sit with the 'enemy' in Addis Ababa.

Whole Dir clans have been wiped out by Oromo hordes and you don't see anyobody talking about that. There was a time when Akishe used to be a huge tribe, now its insignificant. They don't give a damn.

@Prince Abubu

Walahi I used to believe in Somaliweyn and all that nonsense but I woke up to the truth.
Somaliweyn has become a weapon that Darod/Hawiye use to further their own clan interests. My folks don't gain anything from it. Why should I support it? Basically, Somaliweyn means that every other somali clan including yours will be the ones who will shed blood and be killed for it. Just like in the 80's and in history. Whilst they sit with the enemy in Addis Ababa.

I'm not interested in Somaliweyn anymore. My ambitions are greater. I've embraced Pan-Cushiticism.:salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending