who gonna tell these fobs that ancient egyptians were semites

We Wuz Fircoon! Even non somali blacks say we’re ancient egyptians i love the faan
A5C26E64-5D5C-49AB-8E72-A5C7E72685F5.jpeg

We came from Medjay Nubians
I think we're more Wawat (Lower Nubia) C-Group types than Medjay but we're probably somewhat mixed with Medjay. Medjay were genetically indistinguishable from the average Somali, anyway. We come from that broader region and they were a close population that interacted with our ancestors and definitely were under the same power umbrella at different periods. It's complicated.

What do you think about the claim, that we come from the A group which concides with our haplogroup having a common ancestors around 5k
I do believe we trace ancestry to A-Group, for sure. Not sure about the haplogroup thing since I have not delved into it from that perspective.

Not really, i'm half maghrebi. We have old european ancestry not recent ancestry, most of european ancestry is not really european expect for a minority. People do not seem to understand genetics in this thread
We are talking about old thousands of years old. There was a germanic group of soldiers called the vandals who settled there, romans settled there also. Magherbis can have decent amount of ancient European DNA, specially the further north you go.
Some of them passing for european whites isn't for no reason.

NidarNidar

Punisher
E-V32 is a subclade of E-V12 which a large population of Egyptians carry today, which formed around 12,000 years ago either in lower Egypt/Libya or Upper Egypt/Lower Nubia, Sinai had some high traffic during the neolithic, proto cushites probably branched off during the pre-dynastic period, as the Sahara dried up, and we eventually started moving south.

E-V32 is a subclade of E-V12 which a large population of Egyptians carry today, which formed around 12,000 years ago either in lower Egypt/Libya or Upper Egypt/Lower Nubia, Sinai had some high traffic during the neolithic, proto cushites probably branched off during the pre-dynastic period, as the Sahara dried up, and we eventually started moving south.
this sounds interesting, can you elaborate please?
By the i carry this ev32 gene, like most Somalis.

@The alchemist Is it right to say that our ancestors who migrated from up north have a common shared ancestor with the Egyptians? The ancient Egyptians definitely seem to have considered the Puntites their relatives as they depicted them in the same way as themselves

In other words America and England are different but they share common ancestry

NidarNidar

Punisher
this sounds interesting, can you elaborate please?
By the i carry this ev32 gene, like most Somalis.
It just means E-V32 Malis split off sometime between 7-8,000 years ago, as the Sahara slowly turned back into a desert(fig.3 & 4), our ancestors followed the grassland south, while the Egyptians settled on the banks of the nile, this is when farming and animal husbandary was spreading across the whole region.
@The alchemist Is it right to say that our ancestors who migrated from up north have a common shared ancestor with the Egyptians? The ancient Egyptians definitely seem to have considered the Puntites their relatives as they depicted them in the same way as themselves

proto-cushites also have similar material cultures, I always laugh when the Egyptologists and Afrocentrism argue that the Egypts have always looked this way or they were African, these are new terms we use that are in context with our period.

Modern Egyptians have reduced Natufian-like ancestry, similar Anatolian ancestry, and increased West African & Iranian (fig.1), they probably inherited SLC24A5 and SLC45A2 allele for lighter skin (fig.2)(Cushites all carry this aswell.)
1714834896085.png

fig .1

1714835126106.png

fig.2

1714834260795.png

fig.3

1714834318770.png

fig.4

1714835351053.png

1714835459413.png

We share deep paleolithic ancestry that sources from somewhere in modern Nubia as its center, with wide-ranging hunter-gatherer migration. Al Khiday, a Eurasian heavy hunter-gatherer was found in modern Khartoum. It was dated to 14 kya.

We share deep paleolithic ancestry that sources from somewhere in modern Nubia as its center, with wide-ranging hunter-gatherer migration. Al Khiday, a Eurasian heavy hunter-gatherer was found in modern Khartoum. It was dated to 14 kya.

Just how heavily Eurasian were the Paleolithic people of Al Khiday?

Just how heavily Eurasian were the Paleolithic people of Al Khiday?
Natufian + higher ANA/IBM is what I speculate (only from a model perspective; in truth, Natufian is basically majority Northeast African (ancestral Al Khiday types) + Levantine Anatolian-like hunter-gatherer). Really, the bulk of the non-AEA ancestry of Somalis. It had no clinal affinity with the Gebel Sahaba (not that I am saying this is a representative AEA, but it was a representative people in Lower Nubia/Upper Egypt contemporaneously with Al Khiday based on the limits of the archeological record) on dental morphometrics but had paleo-characteristics which I think is a mix of hunter-gatherer robusticity and higher ANA.
1714836864605.png

Here is the skull:
0hbf0blvy2bGVkjDUHwENsoJE95FqLIvcFXNFinMDDx8M-xqzQQ4CdDggTFH-U9p7tMAfqUSA_-TNeAi1eBtcTts2dTY3jlpr-T3cw1d4H86o8klu5gj19z5WejUxmQ8N7Up2XdgiHM-RGzCgG5rxNU

P1VkXhs7KCOOOa35CgSYqYJ2l86DN2bnY69O08gfEvCEo-X8F7kIA1KxwJlGytrL6QMAuyINsAEWwfMd415IpdHxHib7DPRPksYTAZNmI2hy4XfdtjHS9W3SN9xiA6Hj8P_hi5M2x8K83E6C3Fcp-Pw

Trending