Which foreign military should the Somali armed forces model itself after?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we could be a naval power

:banderas:
In the future, Somalia will definitely need a strong & robust navy to protect our trade in the indian ocean. Plus, India will likely become our main naval rival. They'll have the numbers, but we can focus on the quality & technology. For now, we need to put Kenya in its place.

In the future, Somalia will definitely need a strong & robust navy to protect our trade in the indian ocean. Plus, India will likely become our main naval rival. They'll have the numbers, but we can focus on the quality & technology.

India can easily become a friend and gain access to a lucrative market in Africa and we can in return gain technology and development.

There is no animosity between Indians and Somalia :manny:

I also think that Somalia could develop nukes as we have abundant uranium. We will need for a future war and as deterrent :damedamn:

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
India can easily become a friend and gain access to a lucrative market in Africa and we can in return gain technology and development.

I also think that Somalia could develop nukes as we have abundant uranium. We will need for a future war and as deterrent :damedamn:
NOOOO!!!! No n*cle@r weapons. That is bad. They are only used for massacring civilians which is beneath us Somalis. We don't need to play the gaalos way. We are better than they are and we should refuse to build such disgusting things.

Wallhai you're becoming one of my favorite people in this website you are absolutely right :salute:we could be partners with India we will sell them oil since they lack it and in exchange they may help us with a nuclear program:banderas:

I agree we can have positive relations with the indians, but anything is possible. A nice short naval war between Somalia & India would give us the opportunity to gain respect & vital war experience. Much like how Japan defeated Russia in a naval war in the early 20th century.
:sass1:

NOOOO!!!! No n*cle@r weapons. That is bad. They are only used for massacring civilians which is beneath us Somalis. We don't need to play the gaalos way. We are better than they are and we should refuse to build such disgusting things.
If you don't want some freedom from the US you better have nuclear missiles

We can't even build a road without foreign help, who the f*ck is going to build nukes? Abdinasir Ilkocase? :russ:

Did I say it should happen now? :faysalwtf:

I am looking 2 or 3 decades a head and not four years :dabcasar:

Somalia has great potential but we need to safe guard, and nukes are the only thing keeping a 100 million mammouth from attacking a strategic nation. We have every right to use our god given ressources and defend ourselves, so our people don't have to suffer again :farole:

I agree we can have positive relations with the indians, but anything is possible. A nice short naval war between Somalia & India would give us the opportunity to gain respect & vital war experience. Much like how Japan defeated Russia in a naval war in the early 20th century.
:sass1:

No, India is 1 billion people with ressources dwarfing us and with nukes.:fantasia2:

We should keep clear and prospers bilateral relations. Let us instead use the capability of Kenya, who is five times as big. That will show respect without overkill :fredo:

First understand the terrain the nation is located in, IFV'S are well suited as opposed to Tanks.

We should also focus on helicopters as opposed to Jets. Technicals should still exist albeit use them differently then head on attacks.

We need to reintegrate this militas into a properly disciplined army, feed them, pay them and equip them with the weapons we have but unfortunately some folks don't want that. Shabab could be easily be defeated.... Until we reach that phase, we're stuck in this embarrassment limbo.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Where would the Arab nations fit into this?
In terms of foreign relations the Middle East is probably the region we have the closest and most frequent diplomatic ties with.

In terms of foreign relations the Middle East is probably the region we have the closest and most frequent diplomatic ties with.

I prefer strong allies with the Turkey, US, Egypt, Eritrea and Saudi Arabia in that order. As they are close in proxcimity but in the case of Egybt and Saudi Arabia, the two most promonient would serve us to a very strong ties to as they can argue our cases when needed.

We should also look to create friendly relations with Iran and use to balance the Saudi dependence :damedamn:

It would be wise to keep good foreign relations with arab countries, but still keep them at arms length. Somalia should remain neutral in all middle eastern wars, unless there's a direct threat to our citizens & interests(investments) in the region. We should leave that region to Turkey & Iran. We should focus on dominating Africa. When the industrialization process begins, we'll definitely need to import resources from african states, so maintaining good relations with resource rich states will be paramount.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
None.

Somalia could do without a military and just focus on a hardcore police force to repress Al-Shabaab and other extremists.

Ethiopia and Kenya will not attack Somalia so long as it abides to international law.
:jcoleno:
do u even think before writing

alshabaab ambushes and kills hundreds of ethiopian, kenyan soldiers. but somehow u think police can stop them kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

911, whats your emergency?
caller: alshabab is in my town, kick them out.
911: nigga u mad, we dont wanna lose our heads.
caller: but amun said only police can handle alshabab, no need for miltary.
911: well tell amun that he can f*ck himself

It would be wise to keep good foreign relations with arab countries, but still keep them at arms length. Somalia should remain neutral in all middle eastern wars, unless there's a direct threat to our citizens & interests(investments) in the region. We should leave that region to Turkey & Iran. We should focus on dominating Africa. When the industrialization process begins, we'll definitely need to import resources from african states, so maintaining good relations with resource rich states will be paramount.

I think, we should prioritize Turkey and Egybt of all the arab nations as they are the two most influential.

We should look to increase trade trough the muslim league in countries such as Indonesia, and in that regard medling in other countries won't suit us.

I also think we should avoid realign ourselves too much with a major power or else fall for the same fate :farole:

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
i advise to take lessons from Turkish and Israeli armies.
Its always good to learn from friend (Turkey)and enemy(israel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts