Which foreign military should the Somali armed forces model itself after?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Israel's military is very impressive. They could potentially serve as good model for our military for now, but as our population expands the German panzer division model seems attractive.

We can build on the Israeli model and move the German but we should not forget the strong alliances are just as strong as a strong military :dabcasar:

Massive military spending + bad economy = shit like Eritrea. GDP per capita as bad as Somalia because of wasteful military spending.

You want to end up like that?

And if Ethiopia attacked Somalia it would win easily anyway, even with a proportionally big military in Somalia.
We're discussing this within the context of an economically affluent Somalia that can afford a modern & strong armed forces.

All able bodied & mentally fit citizens within the ages of 18-25 years old should be conscripted for two years & then be put in the reserves for five years. Exceptions will be made for students & other mitigating circumstances.
:dabcasar:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
A highly mechanized military like we used to have. The majority of the Ogaden was conquered in less than a month because we were facing a basically peasant army.

Apollo

VIP
Somalia's enemy is Somalia, not Ethiopia or Kenya.

We need to deal with our internal enemies. Forget about those two regions for 30 years.

With the money saved by not having a military I rather invest in a topnotch secret services and strict control over the internet like they do in China and Iran.

A highly mechanized military like we used to have. The majority of the Ogaden was conquered in less than a month because we were facing a basically peasant army.
I completely agree sxb, i was researching the German panzer division model & it seems very attractive. A highly moterised & mechanised military would do wonders if we blitzkrieg through ethiopia or kenya.

With the money saved by not having a military I rather invest in a topnotch secret services and strict control over the internet like they do in China.
That is something good too but China also has a strong military look at the other countries in the South China Sea all of them claim parts of it yet they can't control their parts because of Chinas military basically they are Chinas :heh:

Apollo

VIP
That is something good too but China also has a strong military look at the other countries in the South China Sea all of them claim parts of it yet they can't control their parts because of Chinas military basically they are Chinas :heh:

China is in the geopolitical big league with Russia and the US.

Somalia is geopolitically irrelevant. It can cheat by not having a military for a good 30 years. China would be invaded by Russia if it suddenly stopped having a military and gave up its nuclear bombs.

Somalia is geopolitically irrelevant. It can cheat by not having a military for a good 30 years. China would be invaded by Russia if it suddenly stopped having a military and gave up its nuclear bombs.
True and I understand your point but a medium sized military is needed Incase anything unexpected happened

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300

Geopolitically irrelevant?
It's less crucial an area than China for example but I wouldn't say its irrelevant. The entire Horn is and has been a hotspot for proxy wars for hundreds of years just because of the strategic geographical location of the regions, as well as the shipping lanes in the area. "Not as important" I understand, but totally irrelevant is pushing it.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
China has territorial disputes with: Japan, India, Indonesia, Bhutan, N Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia & Brunei.

They are a world power, and as @Amun said, they'd be invaded if they gave up their nuclear arsenal and army.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending