What do you think of Mandatory Military enlistment for Somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining the Somali military is primarily a voluntary decision in Somalia.

What do you think the benefits of mandatory enlistment for everyone in and outside of Somalia for a period of 12-24months? Please don't post anything about a coup d'etat taking place every season. :damn:

•Would it help reduce Khaat consumption and serve as a rehabilitation centre?

•Skill building as recruits can learn trades that can be useful in the market?

•Foster a culture of accountability and work ethic?

•Bring about a grass roots approach to developing anti corruption behaviour?

What do you guys think the benefits and disadvantages of military enlistment can bring to Somalia?

Mandatory military service does seem to have its benefits. I think it will be good for Somalia.

I'm curious to see if any of the cowards on this forum will even enlist, calling for war&genocide from their comfy homes in the west :pachah1:

Knowing Somalis, they would most likely abuse their power and worsen the corruption. Some would even defect to AS or form their own militias. Even with the beneficial side effects like reducing khat consumption, they'd probably pick up the habit again after leaving the military.

Last edited:
Mandatory military service does seem to have its benefits. I think it will be good for Somalia.

I'm curious to see if any of the cowards on this forum will even enlist, calling for war&genocide from their comfy homes in the west :pachah1:

I have a registered firearms licence in Canada. Dudes on this forum have "Registered
faraha urayaan (Smelly Fingers) License".
:farole:

Knowing Somalis, they would most likely abuse their power and worsen the corruption. Some would even defect to AS or form their own militias. :ohlord:

Every person enlisted should be DNA'd, finger printed and have every single family members phones added to a surveillance software. If you join the army expect your entire privacy to be taken away. Anyone who defects will be placed on a website with thier photos shared with the public.

In Singapore, you must enlist and if you dispell yourself the consequences can be grave.

I would join in a heart beat. Just need automate my business for 24 months before even considering it.

Every person enlisted should be DNA'd, finger printed and have every single family members phones added to a surveillance software. If you join the army expect your entire privacy to be taken away. Anyone who defects will can be placed on a website with thier photos shared with the public.

In Singapore, you must enlist and if you dispell yourself the consequences can be grave.

I would join in a heart beat. Just need automate my business for 24 months before even considering it.

As if Somalia can afford that. Maybe in the future. :wow:

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
Joining the Somali military is primarily a voluntary decision in Somalia.

•Would it help reduce Khaat consumption and serve as a rehabilitation centre?
NOPE! they need stimulant to be alert and not bored. banning from them is asking trouble and black market inside training barracks and this ruins their moral, ethics and discipline.
somali men expect free khat as reward for good work so they need an incentive to do something.

•Skill building as recruits can learn trades that can be useful in the market?
NOPE! somalia is warzone, no soldiers are getting paid to sit on their ass. everyone must be on the lookout and alert on the streets 24/7. theres technical and vocational centre for this purpose.

•Foster a culture of accountability and work ethic?
this is most visible and easiest still need basic education and discipline to follow on

•Bring about a grass roots approach to developing anti corruption behaviour?
the police and military are most corrupt government institutions in africa, taking bribes and kickbacks from everyone. and with 24 month experience under their belt you better expect them to setup isbaaro and the works etc.

What do you guys think the benefits and disadvantages of military enlistment can bring to Somalia? it will be harder to manage armed clan militias and if shit hits the fan its over, benefits in best caae scenario, more secure somalia

In nutshell, mandatory temporary conscript is impossible in somalia, the country is fragile and everyone is trying to be reproductive to get basic sustainance, no one is wasting 2 years

Aren't you supposed to be some sort of savy business mind?
How can you post something like this without first asking yourself, Who's gonna pay for it?
Somalia has a minuscule tax base and the international community has made it clear that they don't want to invest in a big army. And as you know, something like this would require a lot of resources. Food, housing, transport, military equipment, administration costs ... not feasible.

Aren't you supposed to be some sort of savy business mind?
How can you post something like this without first asking yourself, Who's gonna pay for it?
Somalia has a minuscule tax base and the international community has made it clear that they don't want to invest in a big army. And as you know, something like this would require a lot of resources. Food, housing, transport, military equipment, administration costs ... not feasible.

The government should have state owned corporations that can pay for things like this. It's not my job to post 20 different state owned equity schemes that can fund the military.

If we had 50 auditors to comb the books of the government we would find millions if not billions of misused funding.

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
The government should have state owned corporations that can pay for things like this. It's not my job to post 20 different state owned equity schemes that can fund the military.

If we had 50 auditors to comb the books of the government we would find millions if not billions of misused funding.
rumor has it you are fraud. are u scaming the gov outta their budget money for this crap?

rumor has it you are fraud. are u scaming the gov outta their budget money for this crap?

I'm just pro-conscription and anti-corruption.

BTW, I get giddy when losers spread rumours. The greatest thing about being a transparent Somali is that you become infallible around Somali winners. The bums always find ways to weed themselves out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts