• Hawiye

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Majeerteen

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Isaaq

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Mareexaan

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • We still talking about this niggah (Thanks the choice sxb)

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SOMACOON

Lets be honest. Which clan seeked power and decided to overthrow the Barre government?

(Majeerteen)
After destroying hope for Somalia, what have they offered for this great nation?
Abdullahi Yusuf almost sold the Indian Ocean to the Habasha, and the Hawiyes chased them out of Muqdisho the moment Bare fell.

That being said.
What can we do to accomplish prosperity in Somalia?
Should we divide and govern ourselves or should a central government monitor states within Somalia?

S

SOMACOON

Since this about politics, I'm going to hijack this thread and post this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...b596-113f59ee069a_story.html?tid=ss_tw-bottom

So yeah, it took us nearly 25 years to go from a "failed state" to a "recovering fragile country". I think all Somalis are at fault at this point.
Somaliland and Puntland are both stable and govern their people with an iron fist, they've set up systems that could've been role models for remaining Somalis. Yet the stability is absent, prosperity is out of the equation. That being said, I was addressing the issues that took place so we could counter it in the future

S

Shamis

Weren't those girls posing on dead bodies Dir? All Somalis are the friggin same. Clan ain't got chit to do with chit.

S

SOMACOON

I think your mareexan alter ego's adeer ruined Somalia
:mjlaugh:
I'm open for a debate. Some might take this personal, but we must aligned clans with politics, this is Somalia anyway.
Mareexaan played its role, let's not sugarcoat. But what caused the civil war was an up roar by certain clans to gain power. In the end, no one accomplished anything. No one governed a unified Somalia, and everyone is divided today.
The country was a role model, and we had something to brag about

This topic of what led to the civil war is so much broader and more complex than that one particular individual or that one particular clan. Focusing on it like that is very narrow and make it really hatefully simplistic and create this societal Victimization.

So it is really is self defeating at this point to point fingers hebel hebel is responsible hebel hebel is the issue. Not only would that inforce hate narratives it would also dumb down the issue.

But if you wanna go ahead intellectually degrade yourself like that then suit yourself.

P

primate

I agree it was Hawiye.

They used to force marry Barawanis and tie them to trees so they wouldn't run away... just because they wanted light skin babies. Everyone knows that.

Land of Punt

Punt is an cushtic empire located in the horn
throughtout history, the only time somalis come together is when we are faced by a common foe,

right now that enemy are arabs and bantus, who intend to wipe us out,

if we spread propaganda and unite agianst these minorities, then maybe u will finally see a peaceful somalia

S

SOMACOON

No. Just saying that evil and good don't belong to a specific clan.
And I agree with that. Although certain clans played bigger roles than others. Some are even mimicking the same disaster during this day in era

S

Shamis

No. Certain individuals incited hatred and violence. Certain people used fear mongering for their own private gain.

SuldaanMethylamine

Scheming from Salaxley
Blaming entire clans for the actions of certain individuals hinders the ability for the nation to stabilize and rebuild. The broad generalizations of clans is what led to this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts