What are your parents favourite somali WORDS they use when they mad at you

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
My family refrain from swearing for the most part, but I did catch them insulting various clans and the midgaan. My mother is also very antisemitic (in the Ethiopian sense anti-Amxaara:mjlol:).
I didn't know what a midgaan was. My parents didn't talk qabil to us or qabil bash. I knew I was pro-SL without knowing what qabil I was when I first joined. When I asked, the word Isaq was familiar but the subclans weren't kkk. Tbh though, I have many family members who are qabilist, particularly when it comes to marriage, but my nuclear family is on lighter end of the spectrum...I think.
:ulyin: were u livin under a rock? what about lol.

even 12 yo somali girls insult each other with etc
What do you want me to swear on?
Somalispot has taught me a lot:yacadiim:

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
Some of these Western neo-Somalis, especially in the Anglo world (US, Canada etc), speak almost no Somali.
Yes im well aware but not to this extent.

Its gonna be fun to call one "my good lil " while doing her ey style. :sheed:

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Midgaan
Morgan ku dhafo
Dayus
Nacas
Ilahay amarkiis badanaa (dad's favourite)
Doqon
Sambac
Xoolo
Mareexaan
Gaal
Istupid
Dhaadhaan
Dameer
Ey
Wecel
Bastar
Shaytan
Arabta kaa fiican
Nacalat kugu taal
And that's just my dad there's so much more I can't think of rn

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
I feel really sad reading this. Maybe my family is just different. I have never heard my parents swear ever, let alone at us. Some of this I cannot get my head around. I can't imagine parents calling their kids , doofar etc.
It's very common. It seems like you were very lucky in having calm parents. I believe up to 95% of Somali parents spaz out on their kids physically or verbally.

Midgaan
Morgan ku dhafo
Dayus
Nacas
Ilahay amarkiis badanaa (dad's favourite)
Doqon
Sambac
Xoolo
Mareexaan
Gaal
Istupid
Dhaadhaan
Dameer
Ey
Wecel
Bastar
Shaytan
Arabta kaa fiican
Nacalat kugu taal
And that's just my dad there's so much more I can't think of rn

That's abuse.

It's very common. It seems like you were very lucky in having calm parents. I believe up to 95% of Somali parents spaz out on their kids physically or verbally.

I was just taught ceeb and I'll mannered to swear. Altough I do swear occasionally, however, never in front of my parents though. A high majority of Somali parents do utilise corporal punishments, but do 95% really swear at their children like that?

My father in particular is savage waa nin kulul he would go on caay spree for 20 minutes straight and chew you out a shell of your former self, which is why he's so so popular I guess. I've noticed even his enemies like him. Weird. :notsureif:

Odeg

Gedo
I feel really sad reading this. Maybe my family is just different. I have never heard my parents swear ever, let alone at us. Some of this I cannot get my head around. I can't imagine parents calling their kids , doofar etc.
Agree it seems like abuse is normalized with Somalis. My parents never used bad language infront of me and my brothers and sisters.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
My dad has called me maydh soo many times that I cringe whenever I hear that word.The word maydh has scarred me for life :noneck::mjcry:

It is redbull and ice :siilaanyolaugh:

Just red bull sxb?

IMG_6936.jpg

Agree it seems like abuse is normalized with Somalis. My parents never used bad language infront of me and my brothers and sisters.

It's definitely abuse, however none of the people on this thread would think so. For them it's just normal. I don't understand how any of these parents expects their child to be well behaved, with good manners and be successful in this life. They swear at their kids, but then do they get upset if the kid swears in school? They taught them that. They call those kids useless and doqon, do they then expect their kids to be smart and do well?

Status
Not open for further replies.