Was Zeila originally afar?

Somali_patriotic

Everything unuka leh
Nope
They have no sources to claim it that’s the funny thing
20230906_224201.jpg

"As for the region beyond Sawakin until Bad al-Mandab, they belonged to a Black race called Danakil, as well as the areas from Bab al-Mandab til Zeila”.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
View attachment 292144
"As for the region beyond Sawakin until Bad al-Mandab, they belonged to a Black race called Danakil, as well as the areas from Bab al-Mandab til Zeila”.
False second hand account made by a foreigner.
Southern Djibouti and Awdal is and always has been Dir.

Afars have always been confined to their geographic boundaries within the Danakil depression/Desert. At no point in history are they known for going outside that region. In fact we Ciise took over a big chunk of it under Djibouti.

Djibouti is like 90% afar land but we Ciise live in the south which is habitable so we are near 80% of the population.

NidarNidar

Punisher
Afar wasn’t mentioned was in the futuh nor was Danakhil. The strange thing is that the Afar clans that border Somalis are actually somalis that were assimilated by Afar. The Daroodtu, and the Kabirtu are Harti and Sheekhaal.
I found 3rd cousin who is 92% Eriterian and carrying T-L208, I asked my dad and he mentioned how my great-great-grandparent couldn't find one of his sons, This mofo survived and became Eriterian, not sure if his Afar, he hasn't got back to me yet.

False second hand account made by a foreigner.
Southern Djibouti and Awdal is and always has been Dir.

Afars have always been confined to their geographic boundaries within the Danakil depression/Desert. At no point in history are they known for going outside that region. In fact we Ciise took over a big chunk of it under Djibouti.

Djibouti is like 90% afar land but we Ciise live in the south which is habitable so we are near 80% of the population.
First paragraph is cope bro. Multiple accounts record afar activity in Zeila, I could post some if you’d like

Hamzza

VIP
Bab el Mandab is not Zeila. Bab el Mandab is obock region of Djibouti which is Afar territory
Who said Bab al Mandab is Zeyla?

According to those sources the areas between Sawakin in Sudan to Bab al Mandeb belonged to the Beja and the area from the strait down to Zeyla was inhabited by a dark race called Danakils.

Somali_patriotic

Everything unuka leh
No bro. But I don't have evidence of Somalis inhabiting the town before the 19th century either. What I was saying was that Ibn Battuta's description of Zeyla could perfectly fit the Afars as well as the Somalis.
Ibn battuta said the barbars inhabit from mogadishu to Zeila, Then later spoke about the inhabitants of zeila being dark skinned and stuff,
Isn't that an evidence of somalis inhabiting the region?

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
View attachment 292144
Is that a direct translation? Another translation from that individual says this:

"As for what is beyond Suakin towards Bab al Mandeb, it belongs to a black race called Dankal and beyond Al-Mandab is Zaylah."

Which changes the entire context. Any Arabic speakers here who can read the original?

Trending