US reimposes arms embargo on .So in National Emergency Exec. order # 13536

The situation with respect to Somalia continues to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States. For this reason, the national emergency declared on April 12, 2010, and the measures adopted on that date and on July 20, 2012, to deal with that threat, must continue in effect beyond April 12, 2024. Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13536.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Executive Order 13536 concerning Somalia
I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, find that the deterioration of the security situation and the persistence of violence in Somalia, and acts of piracy and armed robbery at sea off the coast of Somalia, which have repeatedly been the subject of United Nations Security Council resolutions (including Resolution 1844 of November 20, 2008; Resolution 1846 of December 2, 2008; Resolution 1851 of December 16, 2008; and Resolution 1897 of November 30, 2009), and violations of the arms embargo imposed by the United Nations Security Council in Resolution 733 of January 23, 1992, and elaborated upon and amended by subsequent resolutions (including Resolution 1356 of June 19, 2001; Resolution 1725 of December 6, 2006; Resolution 1744 of February 20, 2007; Resolution 1772 of August 20, 2007; Resolution 1816 of June 2, 2008; and Resolution 1872 of May 26, 2009), constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.

Last edited:
I called this a few months ago. HSM is very predictable. He could’ve made his BS centralism through use of force if he didn’t insist on getting SNA killed in GM so his Qabil could pick up their weapons. That’s a violation of the arms embargo. Or arming macawisley.

These idiots got a free pass to beat Al shabaab and gave it up for the sake of corrupting the armed forces with non members and letting people who have fought alongside Al-shabaab use SNA weapons. Which breaches the embargo. Thank you Abukar Osman, farmaajo, and khaire for lifting it

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
Why so disingenuous today?

It's an executive order by Obama to confiscate illegally obtained assets in American soil, mainly through the illegal charcoal trade, and assets that belong to people opposing Somalia's democratisation process.

The executive order coming back to effect:
Executive_order_2012_1.jpg

Executive_order_2012_2.jpg

Executive_order_2012_3.jpg

Why so disingenuous today?

It's an executive order by Obama to confiscate illegally obtained assets in American soil, mainly through the illegal charcoal trade, and assets that belong to people opposing Somalia's democratisation process.

The executive order coming back to effect:
View attachment 324386
View attachment 324387
View attachment 324388
(C) to have directly or indirectly supplied, sold, or transferred to Somalia, or to have been the recipient in the territory of Somalia of, arms or any related materiel, or any technical advice, training or assistance, including financing and
financial assistance, related to military activities;

I will link the original content when I find it.
please do, if there’s more context, cuz rn it looks miniature arms embargo/sanction on the Somali government after reading through it. Biden reinstated the executive order from Obama which limits security capabilities for our country in Sec. 2. (C)

Trending