Unsure about my future – I want advice.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

pick something to do with technology.
law is stressful and requires you to sell your soul in some cases.
That would require Computer science which I’m horrible at 💔
I don’t like that aspect about Law, potentially defending horrible people doesn’t sit right with me so idek

Isn't it exam season for you right now? I think you should put your focus on that first.
Having high grades will be key if you want to make a switch.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP

That would require Computer science which I’m horrible at 💔
I don’t like that aspect about Law, potentially defending horrible people doesn’t sit right with me so idek
Maybe you could do something different from criminal law? You could do family law or divorce lawyer they get a lot of money

Do something you love or will have no problems doing for your future career. I'm already 5 years in and I hate my job despite good earnings. I can't go into my work but I really regret having to do this forever.

The best advice is to pick neither and take a one year off to figure out what you want to do after you finish now. Search out your values, grow a sense of independence, and separate yourself from the expected flow of things. When you re-enter, you will find yourself having a passion for something because at that time you will forge your working model.

Look into the future and figure out what you desire. Correspond that with your values. Figure out your interests, orientate your natural strengths, figure out what you want to grow into, i.e., aspects of yourself you want to craft, polish, improve, develop for personal challenge -- then figure out what type of move in the job market that will aid in stepping toward the aforementioned desire, combining all the elements I listed. And frame it from a knowledge/skill perspective and figure out what gives you the tools to move forward. What knowledge is needed, what you have, how to achieve knowledge, where to achieve knowledge, and what is quality knowledge. This learning system can be applied to anything.

Don't be too formal and rigid. Be more like jazz and dreams with formal discipline. But you have to know where you want to go from a long-term perspective because structuring things down from there is easy. There are many paths toward one goal.

My friend's in law, the criminal law side to be more exact and some of the stories she tells me are beyond fucking harrowing. Children getting molested by parents/relatives, rape cases, murder etc. She had to deal with the worst society had to offer on a near daily basis. Some of the shit she told me would make your skin crawl. This shit takes a toll and you'll defo feel it slowly chipping away at your soul. She's currently in the process of pivoting more toward corporate law.

If you don't have a burning passionate for criminal law in particular, it'd save yourself the trouble wallahi. You might get through the degree, but actually working in that field is a completely different story all together.

I'd defer to @alchemist's advice and take a year out to really figure out what it you want to do. Don't feel pressured to go through with going to Uni even if you're accepted. Don't let people make you think you "It's now or never" or any of that other bollocks. It's not too late.

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
If you pick English lit you are picking a future of homelessness and poverty or worse becoming a teacher

Trending

Latest posts