The Yugoslavian Method For Somalia

Civil War Part 4
My Idea, Whoever wants to Balkanize, Go to Antarctica and balkanize some penguins

There is already a Civil War going on...... wake up and smell the coffee, a certain group is blowing innocent people up for 15 years continually and the useless gov hasn't been able to mobilize the divided masses to fight these malnourished brainwashed al-shishkabob monsters

GuanYu

Custom title
There is already a Civil War going on...... wake up and smell the coffee, a certain group is blowing innocent people up for 15 years continually and the useless gov hasn't been able to mobilize the divided masses to fight these malnourished brainwashed al-shishkabob monsters
hence why i said, Part 4.

World

VIP
I can argue that there was a genocide that took place in Somaliland in the late 80's commited by the late dictator and that they deserve a seperate state then.
The so called genocide was done and assisted by eastern somaliland communities. So go and make a triangle state if you want.

If we go balkanization route There are only two options.

Option 1.
Balkanize_3.1.png

Option 2.
Balkanize_3.2.png

Reer balkanization which one do you prefer?

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I'm discussing a hypothetical event. How is it begging?
:cosbyhmm:
It looks a realistic map option 2. Given how USC wars went there’s little chance if an expansionist Hawiye+RX state forms it would not eat into JL especially Baardheere and Kismayo. It would just be history repeating itself once again.

The biggest losers from balkanisation would be MX imo. They’d be quickly extinct in Central Somalia (used to control Balanbale and Gelinsoor etc now HG have taken Gelinsoor and Balanbale in the process leaving only Cabuduwaq). West Gedo would be surrounded too, landlocked with many expansionary qabiils around them.

And yes this is all hypothetical.

GuanYu

Custom title
It looks a realistic map option 2. Given how USC wars went there’s little chance if an expansionist Hawiye+RX state forms it would not eat into JL especially Baardheere and Kismayo. It would just be history repeating itself once again.

The biggest losers from balkanisation would be MX imo. They’d be quickly extinct in Central Somalia (used to control Balanbale and Gelinsoor etc now HG have taken Gelinsoor and Balanbale in the process leaving only Cabuduwaq). West Gedo would be surrounded too, landlocked with many expansionary qabiils around them.

If this hypothetical you're speaking, that MX would become more united then as it's fractured atm. Then enemies shattered

Gladiolus

Somali, is a race
I'm neutral as my name says. It doesn't matter if there is a 5th small country created or Bay & Bakool joins Jubbaland. We just have 2 find a solution 2 this big ol' mess.

I'm just sick & tired of the:

Aan wada tashano - wada tashan mayno

Aan kala tashano - kala tashan mayno

Aan kuu taliyo - ii talin maysid

Adigu ii tali walaal - kuu talin maayo

Haddaba aan kala tagno - Kala tagi maynee
laughing-emoji-28.gif

No "expansion" would be tolerated, these would be permanent land borders that are agreed upon in the first place.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
yugoslavia is different cause they had relgious diversity. they were destined to break up

GemState

36/21
VIP
No "expansion" would be tolerated, these would be permanent land borders that are agreed upon in the first place.
A balkanized Somalia just isn't viable, somewhere like South Sudan or the Central African Republic could be viable balkanized states because they are resource rich and look like this.
1661068353173.png

Somali regions are too small and do not generate enough economic output to justify their existence, let alone be given an additional 3-4 seats at the UN. Imagine the Kurds having no UN seat but Somalis having fucking 5! You guys need a reality check :drakelaugh:

yugoslavia is different cause they had relgious diversity. they were destined to break up
Somalia has experienced a brutal civil war, and is still experiencing it, this has led to deep mistrust between the different clans, and now most regions have political differences. Seperation in my opinion is better for the greater good. Let regions who want to move on, move on.

A balkanized Somalia just isn't viable, somewhere like South Sudan or the Central African Republic could be viable balkanized states because they are resource rich and look like this.
View attachment 234571

Somali regions are too small and do not generate enough economic output to justify their existence, let alone be given an additional 3-4 seats at the UN. Imagine the Kurds having no UN seat but Somalis having fucking 5! You guys need a reality check :drakelaugh:
This is about solving Somalias problems, not about other peoples problems and them "not having a UN seat". Balkanization in my opinion would fix alot of problems for Somalis. Everybody would be focusing on his region just like now, and in addition to that let the other regions be.

No there should only be two countries - Somaliland and Somalia like before 1960. Let Somaliland have her independence and borders recognised whilst my own country Somalia adopts UAE-style collegial federalism whereby a strong federal government rules all of the following 6 FMSs
1. Bari and Nugaal
2. Mudug and Galguduud
3. Hiiraan and Middle Shabelle
4. Lower Shabelle and Banadir
5. Gedo, Bay and Bakool
6. Lower Juba and Middle Juba