The next super power of southern Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
stop being ignorant af maay is just a different dialect, and do you mean speak maxaa tiri? you're making it seem like it's a foriegn language

A dialect is a local version of a particular language, with certain words that are only known in a certain area. But the language is still understable to the rest of the country. For example in Lancestershire they speak a local dialect of English. But I have been to Lancestershire and I still understand them because they are speaking English, I might not understand some words, but its still English.

I have heard speeches in af Maay, lets be honest Somali speakers cannot understand 80% of it. Most of Af Maay is jibberish. Af Maay is so different from Somali, that it cannot be called a dialect of Somali.

Reer Waaqoyi is a dialect of Somali not af Maay.

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
I love this :rejoice: D&M politicians are up for sale in a HAG Auction only .....their masters are HAG and HAG only. D&M, Amhara, Oromo any day over nijaas akhdam Yemeni shoe polisher :manny:

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
I love this :rejoice: D&M politicians are up for sale in a HAG Auction only .....their masters are HAG and HAG only. D&M, Amhara, Oromo any day over nijaas akhdam Yemeni shoe polisher :manny:
Now that you mention it why does D &M hate Darood but are in alliance with people that killed 300000 of them they fear HAG

The thing is that pure rahanweyne arent’t that different from us, the only reason they are looked down upon is because they practice Dry-farming and sedentary Pastoralism, they live in most of the fertile land in Somalia, and every year when a drought happens its us who die, they survive, One day all Somalis will settle down and farm the rahanweyne are more evolved then us.

On their language Af-may is more closely related to the original Somali, since the rahanweyne were agriculturalists they were sedentary meaning they didn’t move much, while the rest of Somalis were pastorlists they moved from place to place with their herds, that means within a few generations a few thousand people came to populate a vast area of northern and central Somalia, the af-may languages are more closer to the original eastern Cushitic languages of our ancestors while modern Somali is more divergent.

The thing is that pure rahanweyne arent’t that different from us, the only reason they are looked down upon is because they practice Dry-farming and sedentary Pastoralism, they live in most of the fertile land in Somalia, and every year when a drought happens its us who die, they survive, One day all Somalis will settle down and farm the rahanweyne are more evolved then us.

On their language Af-may is more closely related to the original Somali, since the rahanweyne were agriculturalists they were sedentary meaning they didn’t move much, while the rest of Somalis were pastorlists they moved from place to place with their herds, that means within a few generations a few thousand people came to populate a vast area of northern and central Somalia, the af-may languages are more closer to the original eastern Cushitic languages of our ancestors while modern Somali is more divergent.
Raxanweyn & other Sabs have a different patriarch to the northern Somali clans; their patriarch is Sab, whereas the Father of the Northern Somalis is Samaale. The Sab Somalis have been living in the South long before the arrival of the Northern Somalis & on average have higher SSA(Omotic or Nilotic) admixture compared to the Northern Somalis.

Their language(Af Maay) is not the "original" Af Somali, it's simply a language that's related to Af Somali & diverged from Af Somali thousands of years ago.

Raxanweyn & other Sabs have a different patriarch to the northern Somali clans; their patriarch is Sab, whereas the Father of the Northern Somalis is Samaale. The Sab Somalis have been living in the South long before the arrival of the Northern Somalis & on average have higher SSA(Omotic or Nilotic) admixture compared to the Northern Somalis.

Their language(Af Maay) is not the "original" Af Somali, it's simply a language that's related to Af Somali & diverged from Af Somali thousands of years ago.
Af may and Somali are related languages which diverged from each other along time ago but af may kept a lot of the original Easter Cushitic elements while af Somali diverged even further into something completely else a far cry to our nomadic roots why wouldn’t our language diverge as an example I will use the Marehan you can find Marehan nomads from mudug to the river tana in Kenya I’m not saying they are the majority in all those territories but still a substantial population, with that kind of low population densities it’s very easy for example a Marehan in mudug to speak differently then a Marehan in Kenya.

given enough time of course

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending