The ministry of education Somalia asks for Af Maay to be removed from the constitution.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
FB_IMG_1702426120464.jpg
FB_IMG_1702426153589.jpg

How is this acceptable?

It is agreed upon that Maay and Maxaa tiri both make up the Somali language. How can this individual want to take Maay out of the dastuur and only keep it as af Maxaa tiri.

I think both maxatiri and maya need to be updated we need new words to be invnted to keep up in moderns world specialy for science and acdemia.
Also as maxatiri speaker i have bo issue with maay some may do but .
U have to understand standard somali should be maxatiiri .as in in schools univeristies if maay spekers want their own schools and university its fine no problem maay speakers :fredo:m should be given to all we arent in the days of siad bare regime
Also no point of making maay speakers feel marginalised why becos this is their country and should have equal right .

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
I think both maxatiri and maya need to be updated we need new words to be invnted to keep up in moderns world specialy for science and acdemia.
Also as maxatiri speaker i have bo issue with maay some may do but .
U have to understand standard somali should be maxatiiri .as in in schools univeristies if maay spekers want their own schools and university its fine no problem maay speakers :fredo:m should be given to all we arent in the days of siad bare regime
Also no point of making maay speakers feel marginalised why becos this is their country and should have equal right .
Your 100% right bro.πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―

What a load of ignorance! We should be preserving may language.
Dude its always funy to me how some people have problem with maay but have no problem with english becoming to dominant in the mainstream specialyy used by hotels and restrantr sign on the street we should ban it its should be in somali but .
Instead they have isues with maayπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Dude its always funy to me how some people have problem with maay but have no problem with english becoming to dominant in the mainstream specialyy used by hotels and restrantr sign on the street we should ban it its should be in somali but .
Instead they have isues with maayπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
This is what we get for giving former taxi driver jaahils top jobs!
Maybe they should clean up af maxaa tiri and remove all the loan words before they came for may.

Its nore kimd of supremacy some feel kk at the end may is part of somali langauge family what is the problem
exactly, not to mention may has less arabic and italian influence. To be very frank, I don't even understand af may that well, but I know I prefer it to the Mogadisho dialect which I think is the most disgusting Somali dialect out there.

Af Maay and should be removed and the language should be limited. Af-Somali needs to be standardized and expanded.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
It shows ignorance that they call Af Maay (afguri) a dialect. It is full fledged language on par with Af Maxaatiri. We need to add Af Jiido, Af Karre, Af Dabarre, Af Tunni, Chimwiini etc.. to the constitution.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Af maay isnt Somali and thus the status quo should remain. No Maay in public schools or parliament whilst they learn Maxaa Tiri and speak it in their own government offices.

Before these langaab languages die we should have them studied. They can tell us alot about Somalis development.