The Adal Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyWadaad

Prince of East Africa
LOL Hartis forever making shit up,a bunch of history less niggas!
Adal sultans were not Somali and neither were their elite.They were Harla/Harari,Arabs and Turks.Harla(Southern Ethio Semites) have been absorbed by Samarone,Cisse and Isaaq.They even found many ruins with Ethiopian writings,Sabean writings and Ethiopian Stellae.Adal was never Somali forget about Darood.What kind of crack are you on?

How do we know what clan Walashma was? They do have decendants don't they?

never the less Axmed Gurey was a Somali hero.

Map_of_Ethiopia_circa_1540_zps9c0d98da.png

damn.look at Adal swallow up the Xabashi kingdom. :obama:

but sadly this was what destroyed Adal completely. The Ottomans inherited the lands later and Adal became a province of the Ottoman empire.

Interesting how everytime we try to conquer the Xabashis, we self destruct. 1540s and 1977 :Sutehja:

one day inshallah:westbrookswag:

Somalis love to claim everything wallahi lol, Adal who are still referred to Ethiopian Afars today while Eritrean and Djibouti Afars are both known as Dankali Afars. However the kingdom was compromised of mainly Afars/Sahos, Harari, Somalis, but also had many Turks and Arabs too, it was a MUSLIM empire hence the many ethnicities and ethnic groups. Also there is no factual documented proof Ahmed Gurey was a Somali, although he could just be too.

Somalis love to claim everything wallahi lol, Adal who are still referred to Ethiopian Afars today while Eritrean and Djibouti Afars are both known as Dankali Afars. However the kingdom was compromised of mainly Afars/Sahos, Harari, Somalis, but also had many Turks and Arabs too, it was a MUSLIM empire hence the many ethnicities and ethnic groups. Also there is no factual documented proof Ahmed Gurey was a Somali, although he could just be too.

Adal was Somali sultanate & Ahmed Gurey is Somali. Accept this fact.

Last edited:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Our Afar cousins are miniscule in comparison and despite their nominal acceptance of Islam they're basically still pagans.

Then why are Ethiopian Afars called Adal? Where is the documented fact Gurey was Somali, remember I'm not disputing it either, I just want to know facts.
You mention Afars are small, but they're the oldest group in the horn. Basically pagans still, how? They're muslims and fought to bring Islam and spread it with our other ethnic brothers too.

Then why are Ethiopian Afars called Adal? Where is the documented fact Gurey was Somali, remember I'm not disputing it either, I just want to know facts.
You mention Afars are small, but they're the oldest group in the horn. Basically pagans still, how? They're muslims and fought to bring Islam and spread it with our other ethnic brothers too.

Anyone can call himself what he wants

Young Popeye

Call me pops

Im harari so let me tell you about Adal. The Afar are called Adal because asaita (aussa) city in afar was the last seat of the adal sultanate, after hararis elected muhammad jasa to lead adal, he abandoned harar and moved to the afar region and adal imploded because afar nationalists hijacked the kingdom. adal would cease to be a religious state but rather an ethnic state further weakening it.

Harla were hamitic people living in the region from Shewa to puntland, Arawelo/Gudit is a known harla queen who destroyed the Geez Axum empire. In historical texts she is called Badit daughter of Maya. Ahmed Gurey and his wife dilwanbera were also harlans. The adal wars were mainly based on harla losing territory in shewa to the christians.

Harla had been at war with christian habeshas since they were pagans and it escalated when they converted to islam. Today Harla language survives in Harar but has been influenced by semtic Arab and Argobba languages. The meaning behind the etymology of Zaila is land near water. There's also a people called the Zay who live on lake zway (south of addis) who's vocabulary consists of over 60% of the harari language. Many Harla people have been assimilated by Oromo and Somalis, the darod clan is one example and sub clans such as Harti who inhabit the Puntland region. Sheikh issaq also married into the Harla tribe. The eytomology of Mogadishu is literraly hot land in the harari language. Hopefully people will know about these extinct harla people.

Im harari so let me tell you about Adal. The Afar are called Adal because asaita (aussa) city in afar was the last seat of the adal sultanate, after hararis elected muhammad jasa to lead adal, he abandoned harar and moved to the afar region and adal imploded because afar nationalists hijacked the kingdom. adal would cease to be a religious state but rather an ethnic state further weakening it.

Harla were hamitic people living in the region from Shewa to puntland, Arawelo/Gudit is a known harla queen who destroyed the Geez Axum empire. In historical texts she is called Badit daughter of Maya. Ahmed Gurey and his wife dilwanbera were also harlans. The adal wars were mainly based on harla losing territory in shewa to the christians.

Harla had been at war with christian habeshas since they were pagans and it escalated when they converted to islam. Today Harla language survives in Harar but has been influenced by semtic Arab and Argobba languages. The meaning behind the etymology of Zaila is land near water. There's also a people called the Zay who live on lake zway (south of addis) who's vocabulary consists of over 60% of the harari language. Many Harla people have been assimilated by Oromo and Somalis, the darod clan is one example and sub clans such as Harti who inhabit the Puntland region. Sheikh issaq also married into the Harla tribe. The eytomology of Mogadishu is literraly hot land in the harari language. Hopefully people will know about these extinct harla people.

Not new as usual Ethiopians claiming Somalia 's history by twisting and through history revision. Zaylic or Zelia which is Somali city in north of Somalia , and Mogadishu became Ethiopian.
I am not in mood to correct you but you are wrong. After all it is normal for unknown people to steal their neighbors 's history.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Not new as usual Ethiopians claiming Somalia 's history by twisting and through history revision. Zaylic or Zelia which is Somali city in north of Somalia , and Mogadishu became Ethiopian.
I am not in mood to correct you but you are wrong. After all it is normal for unknown people to steal their neighbors 's history.

my tribe was considered darod by siad barres regime, we are far from "ethiopian"

Listen Ahmed gurey was Somali and his tribe Marehan and this is full lineage"
Ahmed Gurey is Ahmed ibrahim Mataan Ciis Ahmed Mohamed Da'ud Abadir Muuse
Emire Nuur the relative who replaced him is Nuur Yusuf Mataan Ciis Ahmed Mohamed Da'ud Abadir Muuse"

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
Emire Nuur the relative who replaced him is Nuur Yusuf Mataan Ciis Ahmed Mohamed Da'ud Abadir Muuse"
:damn::damn::damn:

:mugshotman:
f*ck outta here with that Kacaan revisionism :birdman:

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9

Thats a lie, Ahmed Gurey is not marehan, I have the original book called "futuh al-habasha". It doesn't say anything about his lineage, thats why theirs always a debate about where he was from. Some people have tried to manipulate the original text.

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
Thats a lie, Ahmed Gurey is not marehan, I have the original book called "futuh al-habasha". It doesn't say anything about his lineage, thats why theirs always a debate about where he was from. Some people have tried to manipulate the original text.
Baba Barre got these niggas brainwashed saaxib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending