Teddy Afro releases his first single in years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooMacaan

VIP
North is not SL and SL territory is not isaaq exclusively.
A direction is not a qabill, a dialect is not a qabill, the "south" houses 70-80% of the Somalis in Somalia demonting the majority to the term "south" is pretty fucking stupid considering it's billed with their own dialects. But I guess you don't learn that at Ethiopian espionage school.
That doesn't excuse that You tried bashing the south because of what a northern said.
Lol, get the F off your high horse. You think that me "bashing the south because of what a northern said" is the 'end of the world' but that so called "bashing" was just me returning his comments about Ethiopian accents (which are WAAAAY more diverse considering there are 80+ ethnic groups with their own languages, let alone varying accents in ONE language only)!!!!
You're so offended by me repeating his insults(with the INTENTION of proving a point by the way) because I ignorantly(as I admitted) directed it at people who didn't belong to his region...but his original comments were totally okay right???? Your hypocrisy is hilarious.

Lol, get the F off your high horse. You think that me "bashing the south because of what a northern said" is the 'end of the world' but that so called "bashing" was just me returning his comments about Ethiopian accents (which are WAAAAY more diverse considering there are 80+ ethnic groups with their own languages, let alone varying accents in ONE language only)!!!!
You're so offended by me repeating his insults(with the INTENTION of proving a point by the way) because I ignorantly(as I admitted) directed it at people who didn't belong to his region...but his original comments were totally okay right???? Your hypocrisy is hilarious.
I don't have a high knowledge about Ethiopian accents that's why I did not comment on his post, unlike you I dont make baseless statements about subjects I don't have a full grasp on.

Can you tell Hailemariam Desalegn
ኃይለማሪያም ደሳለኝin your next spy security briefing that he can Choke on a fat dick.

TooMacaan

VIP
I don't have a high knowledge about Ethiopian accents that's why I did not comment on his post, unlike you I dont make baseless statements about subjects I don't have a full grasp on.

Can you tell Hailemariam Desalegn
ኃይለማሪያም ደሳለኝin your next spy security briefing that he can Choke on a fat dick.
You don't need to have a full grasp on Ethiopian languages and accents to know his statement is baseless...especially if you believe that MY point was baseless, it can be logically deduced that his point is even more than baseless (because Somalia only has 1 language in comparison to the tens that Ethiopia has...that is pure common sense).

You don't need to have a full grasp on Ethiopian languages and accents to know his statement is baseless...especially if you believe that MY point was baseless, it can be logically deduced that his point is even more than baseless (because Somalia only has 1 language in comparison to the tens that Ethiopia has...that is pure common sense).
Only Ethiopian language that I have heard frequently is Tigrinya and even that is incomprehensible for my ears how do you expect me to even know the differences between accents, as I said I do not know Ethiopian languages well for all I could know @shanqale was right and the accent was feminine I simply do not know, Somali is my bread and butter which is why I responded to a baseless accusation.
Considering your track record of post that post was inflammatory

Last edited:
Am I right in assuming Amharic and Tigray are mutually unintelligible?

To my ears the Somali and the Tigrey sound alike and the amharic and Oromo sound alike in this video. There are a lot of click sounds in the two latter languages.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They are mutually unintelligible, but share a lot of vocabulary. A bit like the Romance languages. Those sounds you hear are not clicks but are present in Tigrigna too, just some rules make them appear less.
As for Afan Oromo and Amharic, I don't really hear the similarities tbh. Apart from the fact that they are both missing those 'hh' and 'ayn' type accents and don't flow as much.
It is harder for someone that doesn't speak these languages to tell how different Oromo and Amharic are so he has a point. Most people base it sounds they hear, and the sounds Oromo and Amharic have are pretty much identical. But they are entirely different languages.:icon lol:

They are mutually unintelligible, but share a lot of vocabulary. A bit like the Romance languages. Those sounds you hear are not clicks but are present in Tigrigna too, just some rules make them appear less.

It is harder for someone that doesn't speak these languages to tell how different Oromo and Amharic are so he has a point. Most people base it sounds they hear, and the sounds Oromo and Amharic have are pretty much identical. But they are entirely different languages.:icon lol:
Why are these languages even classified as semetic ? They sound as African as can be.

tenor.gif

TooMacaan

VIP
Only Ethiopian language that I have heard frequently is Tigrinya and even that is incompressible for my ears how do you expect me to even know the differences between accents, as I said I do not know Ethiopian languages well for all I could know @shanqale was right and the accent was feminine I simply do not know, Somali is my bread and butter which is why I responded to a baseless accusation.
Considering your track record of post that post was inflammatory
Again, you do not need to know all (or any, for that matter)Ethiopian languages to acknowledge the stupidity/ignorance of his implication that 'they are all likely to sound "feminine"'.
Think critically, what is the PROBABILITY that the languages of 80+ ethnic groups could even have the potential to ALL sound so called "feminine"...when you yourself were lecturing about the diversity of accents in ONE language alone??!! That makes no Fing sense.

The reality is that he made an absolute statement about a subject matter that he had "no full grasp of"...and according to your "track record of posts"...that alone is enough to indict him as both baseless and offensive(not that I take it to heart anyways).

Waqooyi Soomaali and Tigrigna should be the official languages of the UN. Somali should be taught across afroeurasia, we will let Tigrigna have the Americas and Oceania, as long as there is less than 1% amhara vocab

Imagine that, a world spoken in the Northern Somali dialect
:lawd:

Waqooyi Soomaali and Tigrigna should be the official languages of the UN. Somali should be taught across afroeurasia, we will let Tigrigna have the Americas and Oceania, as long as there is less than 1% amhara vocab

Amharic vocab=most our vocab, so that will be hard:reallymaury:.
It's sounds like retarded Somali having a stroke. No hard feelings.

No:what1:

Again, you do not need to know all (or any, for that matter)Ethiopian languages to acknowledge the stupidity/ignorance of his implication that 'they are all likely to sound "feminine"'.
Think critically, what is the PROBABILITY that the languages of 80+ ethnic groups could even have the potential to ALL sound so called "feminine"...when you yourself were lecturing about the diversity of accents in ONE language alone??!! That makes no Fing sense.

The reality is that he made an absolute statement about a subject matter that he had "no full grasp of"...and according to your "track record of posts"...that alone is enough to indict him as both baseless and offensive(not that I take it to heart anyways).

Im not ruling out the possibilty that it could sound feminine, I'm not saying it is, and with so many languages dialects isn't one bound to sound feminine just by sheer numbers, with track record I mean that I see you (& buddies aka @Endriam ) use clan or regional difference to derail threads, don't tell me you haven't noticed that as well ?

Err...no. The lingua franca of the Somali peninsula will be pure Somali inshallah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending