Syrian man’s family is against him marrying a Somali woman. Is it racism?

attash

Amaan Duule
Iraqis and Palis understand each other perfectly.
Not if they are speaking to each other in their lahjaat. They will only fully understand each other if they converse in MSA. As I've said in a previous post, I've asked a Pali this myself. But even if you just look at their dialects for a little bit, you will see the differences.

Just look at the differences in the most simple of sentences: "what is your name?"

Fus7a: Maa ismuk
3iraqi: Shenu ismak
Filastini: Shou ismak

Which is similar to the differences in Italian and Spanish

Spanish: cómo te llamas (pronounced "yamas")
Italian: come ti chiami (pronounced "kyaami")

When two dialects reach a point of mutual unintelligibility, they are effectively different languages.
You don’t know what you’re talking about. Moroccan Darija isn’t really Arabic. It’s a mix between Amazigh, French and Arabic.

The rest of the Arabic world do indeed understand each other.
They may understand each other to a limited extent, like a Spanish speaker and Italian speaker can sort of understand each other, laakin they will not fully make out what the other is saying. Even an Iraqi who speaks Gilit (southern dialect) will have trouble understanding an Iraqi who speaks Qeltu (northern dialect).

This isn't something I am making up. Many linguists agree that Arabic lahjaat are different languages:

You’re in the West, I’m not and I’m far more exposed to Arabs than you are. Many Western Arabs are like Western Somalis who also struggle with knowing proper Somali.
Just ask your Arab friends about this subject and they will inform you. Maybe they won't admit that their dialects are different languages, but a Sudani isn't going to say they can understand a Khaleeji perfectly fine, nor is a Syrian going to say they understand Algerian well (when they are speaking in their lahjaat of course).

Arabs in the West are actually an excellent case study example since they are only exposed extensively to the lahjaat they speak at home and they do not learn MSA in school or grow up watching MSA media like people in the Arab world.

reer

VIP
Iraqis and Palis understand each other perfectly. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Moroccan Darija isn’t really Arabic. It’s a mix between Amazigh, French and Arabic.

The rest of the Arabic world do indeed understand each other.

You’re in the West, I’m not and I’m far more exposed to Arabs than you are. Many Western Arabs are like Western Somalis who also struggle with knowing proper Somali.
majority of arabs (apart from mauritania tunisia algeria morocco) understand each other. they all have special colloquial vocab but they hold conversations. they also share some general arabic slang similar to english speakers share general slang.

So the classical Arabic and the lahjaat are the same language cuz they share an alphabet? :ayaanswag:

Farsi, Kurdish, Urdu, and a whole host of other languages also have Arabic alphabets too. This is possibly your weakest point so far. :mjlol:
Different flavours of Arabs, whoopty doo. This kind of cope is as sad as Somalis being in the Arab League or some shit and you thinking you're not getting get turned down by racist Arabs for still being a black African. :mjlol:

Different flavours of Arabs, whoopty doo. This kind of cope is as sad as Somalis being in the Arab League or some shit and you thinking you're not getting get turned down by racist Arabs for still being a black African. :mjlol:
Can you explain in simple English why you are obsessed with the Arabs and how they are relevant because walahi I don't get it.

They have no bearing on why we are Muslim and we have always karbashed them if they move mad.

Last edited:
Can you explain in simple English why you are obsessed with the Arabs
I'm not going to read the rest because I know it's just going to be another butthurt post throughout. I just said that Islam is an Arab religion and it's you crybabies that keep replying to me. So I'm gonna reply back. That's just how I'm going to do things.

Don't like it? Don't reply to me and let the argument die.

I'm not going to read the rest because I know it's just going to be another butthurt post throughout. I just said that Islam is an Arab religion and it's you crybabies that keep replying to me. So I'm gonna reply back. That's just how I'm going to do things.

Don't like it? Don't reply to me.
Are you like 12 years old lol

I'm not gonna read what you wrote oh I'm so cool. It wasn't really for you anyway there might be other open-minded lurkers who don't have a weird agenda like you who benefit.

crybaby.gif
:mjlol:

Xeda

Formerly known as Ajansjana
This, I'm much older. I'm only making these lazy replies now because I'm bored of this repetitive back and fourth. 🤣
I reread his post, he’s not saying you’re 12 he’s just calling you childish, im sleep deprived didn’t read his shit probably, just stop replying to them walaal.

View attachment 326196
havent read the entire thread yet but you're absolutely correct. People who say Hijab/niqab is Arab either dont know the deen and most likely do not know what constitutes the correct hijab at all.

Hijab/Niqab was definitely known in Somalia, maybe not as widespread, but ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰهِ
knowledge has increased!

View attachment 326188
pic from 1931 (hid hands and face cuz thats still awrah according to the opinion I follow, yes theres a difference of opinion but one states in obligatory and the other states it's Sunnah Mu'akaddah, i.e. confirmed sunnah)

View attachment 326197
pic from 1910(blotted faces of what I presume to be men out of fear for tasweer)

View attachment 326199
this pic is 1968 same reasons as before.
How do they absorb vitamin D if they cover themselves fully like this?
genuine question

I'm sleep deprived too. Anyway I'm off to take a nap, hopefully I won't get more notifs of people crying at me. 😁
View attachment 326251
F*cking finally!

You've been carrying on so childishly after being disproven several times, you made this a triple-platinum thread and even I, someone who usually finds these Muslims vs ex-Muslim threads entertaining, got bored of your foolishness and lack of good banter to make up for it real quick.

attash

Amaan Duule
So Iranians, Kurds, and Pakistanis are all just different kinds of Arabs? :ayaanswag:

With each reply you further embarrass yourself. So far we have the following claims:

- Islam belongs to some racist Syrian family because the language they speak is distantly related to the language the Quran happens to be in
- Arabic lahjaat are the same language cuz they share an alphabet
- Iranians, Kurds, and Pakistanis are "different flavors of Arabs"

I can't wait to see what dumb shit you'll say next :lol:

So Iranians, Kurds, and Pakistanis are all just different kinds of Arabs? :ayaanswag:

With each reply you further embarrass yourself. So far we have the following claims:

- Islam belongs to some racist Syrian family because the language they speak is distantly related to the language the Quran happens to be in
- Arabic lahjaat are the same language cuz they share an alphabet
- Iranians, Kurds, and Pakistanis are "different flavors of Arabs"

I can't wait to see what dumb shit you'll say next :lol:

All well and good walaal you already made quick work of their claims

What I don't understand till now that none of the gaals have explained is why it is relevant that the scripture is in Fusha

They all write in and use English I don't see them complain that they have been forcefully Anglicised.

Trending

Latest posts