Syrian man’s family is against him marrying a Somali woman. Is it racism?

Xoxoxo

VIP
Woa…. I pray sis really reconsiders it.

even IF he convinces his family she’ll still be treated bad + if they end up having children they wouldn’t be treated equally fairly as well

It’s parents wanting to preserve their culture and bloodline. Somalis do this all the time as well. It’s not unique to certain demographics. I wouldn’t call it racism although I understand the viewpoint of those who would.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Nothing wrong with wanting to preserve the culture and ethnicity of your grandchildren.
What I find more surprising is people who stay in these situations? Talking to someone for a protracted period of time in the hope their family will accept you is insane. Not everything is about race or ethnicity and one should respect the decisions of others. If the family wants someone culturally or linguistically more familar than so be it.

It’s parents wanting to preserve their culture and bloodline. Somalis do this all the time as well. It’s not unique to certain demographics. I wouldn’t call it racism.
There’s a white woman in the replies and she said that she was accepted & embarced by her Syrian in laws. There’s definitely an element of racism

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
Somalis should stop with the double standards including myself. I wouldn’t let my kids marry a kenyan, Ethiopian or a south african for example

I mean some Syrians won't marry out of their region or even another part of Damascus ...

Just some more context.
How do you know this
Taking Notes Ryan The Office GIF by MOODMAN

Trending

Latest posts