Syrian man’s family is against him marrying a Somali woman. Is it racism?

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
When someone tells you why you follow “another race's religion,” you should not discuss it with that person. I can understand a little about other races, but Somali? How did our ancestors, who were basically proud and conceited people, enter religion so quickly if it was the religion of another race? This means that they were previously a unified people who knew that there was a God, and Somali culture was compatible with Islam, like “the religion of the other race.” So I don't understand when I see a Somali uttering these words, who is in one way or another from the blm group.
Islam doesnt belong to any race. This is not like the jews that were sent prophets only for their people and other previous nations. Quran explicitly says Islam was sent for all nations. Whoever said that is either dumb or misinformed

Islam doesnt belong to any race. This is not like the jews that were sent prophets only for their people and other previous nations. Quran explicitly says Islam was sent for all nations. Whoever said that is either dumb or misinformed
You should not discuss this person in general, because no matter how much evidence you provide from the Qur’an, Sunnah, and Hadith, he will not be convinced.

When someone tells you why you follow “another race's religion,” you should not discuss it with that person. I can understand a little about other races, but Somali? How did our ancestors, who were basically proud and conceited people, enter religion so quickly if it was the religion of another race? This means that they were previously a unified people who knew that there was a God, and Somali culture was compatible with Islam, like “the religion of the other race.” So I don't understand when I see a Somali uttering these words, who is in one way or another from the blm group.
"Islam is not an Arabic religion because... uh... Somalis were really arrogant." Weird argument but I'll let you cook.

IMG_20190731_135735.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno, sounds like such behaviour would take him to heaven, based on the supposed Muslims here agreeing with the Syrian family. 🤣

As for the rest of your point, it sounds like a "what came first? chicken or egg" situation. Still doesn't change the fact that everything's in Arabic, people need to go to an Arab place for pilgrimage, etc.

And that's fine for the most part. I just find it funny that bringing this up is somehow so damning.
Don’t get your point there if they did it out of arrogance they’re upon misguidance. if you everything in this religion you see asArab than so be it.
I can’t argue with you’re logic you’ll just beat me with experience.

"Islam is not an Arabic religion because... uh... Somalis were really arrogant." Weird argument but I'll let you cook.
If you think the religion is “Arab” (even though that is not true), that is your problem, not mine

blessings-of-allaah-be-upon-him

Too sleepy so I may get to them later. For now I just clicked a random link that does the whole "we are all human, racism is bad" thing. Which is a great thing.

Only problem is that people here, the Syrian family, etc. don't follow that. And even make cope posts like "it's okay that an Arab dislikes me for being Somali, i-it's not racism, j-just a preference!" So much for being good muslims, huh? 🤔 Maybe so called muslims should iron out this problem instead of letting it fester.

Too sleepy so I may get to them later. For now I just clicked a random link that does the whole "we are all human, racism is bad" thing. Which is a great thing.

Only problem is that people here, the Syrian family, etc. don't followed that. And even make cope posts like "it's okay that an Arab dislikes me, i-it's not racism!" So much for being good muslims, huh? 🤔 Maybe you guys should iron out the problem.
By the way, I meant in religious terms that religion actually forbids classism among people and racism. As for the Syrian family, do you think that people’s preference to marry members of their ethnicity is racist? Although this happens to any ethnicity and parents do not like the idea of their children marrying outside the ethnicity, you know what happens to the Bantu in Somalia and how the Somali clans do not marry them, right? By the way, there are Syrian families who married Somalis and vice versa. What is your point of view? Do you think that judging only one family and generalizing to the rest is fair?

By the way, I meant in religious terms that religion actually forbids classism among people and racism. As for the Syrian family, do you think that people’s preference to marry members of their ethnicity is racist? Although this happens to any ethnicity and parents do not like the idea of their children marrying outside the ethnicity, you know what happens to the Bantu in Somalia and how the Somali clans do not marry them, right? By the way, there are Syrian families who married Somalis and vice versa. What is your point of view? Do you think that judging only one family and generalizing to the rest is fair?
"It's a preference" will always be a cope. Just own the fact that you're racist in some form.

As for Bantus, etc. so long as he's a devoted Muslim, denying him for his race is well, obviously racist. Just own what you are, like I said. But remember that being a racist contradicts Islamic teachings. (At least going by that link.)

Which is why I find it both funny and sad when an Arab gets racist. Like shouldn't he of all people remember that faith trumps race? But I guess not after all, especially going by the Arab bootyclappers that would agree with him. 🤷

Last edited:
"It's a preference" will always be a cope. Just own the fact that you're racist in some form.
How exactly did you know I was racist? For me, I see a difference between “preference” and “disapproval.” I prefer that my son marry a Somali woman, but does that necessarily mean rejection? No, I don't think so. For me, if the girl is a conservative Muslim, then I agree with that, and this is what he saw

As for Bantus, etc. so long as he's a devoted Muslim, denying him for his race is well, obviously racist. Just own what you are, like I said. But remember that being a racist contradicts Islamic teachings. (At least going by that link.)
Yes, I agree with you here. There is no reason to reject a Somali Bantu if he is a conservative Muslim and has the financial means. As for the links you sent, they do not only talk about racism. Rather, Islam is not anyone’s race or religion, and the majority of the prophets and messengers were not Arabs, but their message was Islam, so the argument that it is “some ethnic religion” is incorrect.

Which is why I find it both funny and said when an Arab gets racist. Like shouldn't he of all people remember that faith trumps race? But I guess not after all, especially going by the Arab bootyclappers agreeing to it. 🤷

Why only Arabs and not the rest of Islamic societies? I don't understand why you necessarily want to make Arabs the face of Islam. I also said that religion applies to Arabs and non-Arabs. There are racist Arabs, and there are also conservative Arabs who reject that. The same applies to the rest of Islamic societies, however my main topic was religion itself

Good post responding to that trash.

What is this white liberal nonsense gussied up as Islam? According to many rulings of the knowledgeable it’s not disallowed to reject a suitor based on their ethnicity or whatever.

this is London Fried Chicken Shop Salafi bs.

Trending

Latest posts