Success or pure love?

A successful life or a life with love and comfort?

• Success and high achievements

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Unconditional love and comfort

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
tbh my want for being successful is to help out the people who love me unconditionally, ofc I want to do well in life for myself but life would be empty without people who love me

That sounds incredible walaal, you have a bright heart hope the ones around you appreciate you.
thank you walaal <3
we are the same age so I understand your sentiment, I find myself always thinking about the future and how I can be successful whilst maintaining the relationships I care about

Yaraye

VIP
i just wish to be happy
Disney Wedding GIF
:pachah1:

Talk to any of your married friends, most if not all of them will tell you that money causes a metric fuckton of arguments. You can't exactly be blissfully in love when the rent's due and you don't have a pot to piss in lol
I mean yeah, but having basic finance is the bare minimum in marriage. You don't necessarily have to be a successful millionaire to be married, having a stable income is the main focus.

I'm kind of in a mental dilemma with myself, I have always put my goals and achievement as my #1 priority. I grew up incredibly blessed with a lot of opportunities and loved ones all around me, people who loved me unconditionally and supported me throughout my life. I noticed the more I grew up how I never really appreciated that love, I always but it aside and focused on succeeding and achieving my goals but suddenly the past year or two I kept getting vogue memories of those times I spent with the people who I loved and who loved me.

It's so odd, the moment I turned in to a legal adult my mentality slowly switched. At first I wanted to succeed at everything I dreamed on my own (which I have done for most part) but now I just want to be surrounded by people who I genuinely love and life live in simplicity?

Idk how to explain it, maybe its me being 20 but I feel like a completely different person, as if am debating with myself on what I should prioritise of the two.
GIVE ME LACAAG

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
I choose success and high achievement, not because I care about being rich or prestige. The only way I can be my best self, be disciplined is having a routine and working towards a goal, in my case, academic.

There is no one in this world I'll prioritize over my personal goals and I also don't expect anyone to do the same for me.

KinsiHilaac

Pretend there is a title here
I'm kind of in a mental dilemma with myself, I have always put my goals and achievement as my #1 priority. I grew up incredibly blessed with a lot of opportunities and loved ones all around me, people who loved me unconditionally and supported me throughout my life. I noticed the more I grew up how I never really appreciated that love, I always but it aside and focused on succeeding and achieving my goals but suddenly the past year or two I kept getting vogue memories of those times I spent with the people who I loved and who loved me.

It's so odd, the moment I turned in to a legal adult my mentality slowly switched. At first I wanted to succeed at everything I dreamed on my own (which I have done for most part) but now I just want to be surrounded by people who I genuinely love and life live in simplicity?

Idk how to explain it, maybe its me being 20 but I feel like a completely different person, as if am debating with myself on what I should prioritise of the two.
Some say happiness is about the little things so I suppose you should value the genuine connections around you because people tend to overlook that until it’s gone.

This is me trying to be poetic, be on the look out for things you might once leave behind, or that you once might lose

You can’t pay your bills with love, my love.

I don't think your love for people or a desire for connection has to be incompatible with wanting to succeed. I mean you can have both.​
I would agree, one could strive to have both with a caveat.
a) Earlier on in one's career, say fresh out of university, one might focus upon professional advancement viz working longer hours to gain exposure, acquiring professional certs, joining org. bodies, challenging oneself in taking on demanding projects etc., whilst staying on course for, say 5 years, or an incremental set of years of one's choosing,
b) However, one could shift gears, and direction to personal growth in forming consequential relationships with loved ones, be it family, friends, or love interests, say in the next set of years.

This is not to neglect the former whilst the latter is being prioritised, or vice versa, but a deliberate swap of the two as one takes precedence over the other in its designated spell. For instance, where the focus shifts to professional growth, where one is working 16 hours a day including weekends, and holidays, then those hours could be adjusted to, say 10 hours with the remaining hours dedicated to personal growth viz advancing consequential relationships.

And with that, one could maintain a balance, in both, in one's life.

Caveat: If one's life lacks form, or is not as structured, then one ought to choose one over the other. In other words, it is not for all.

It works for me.

j&jenterprises

A landheere always pays his debts
If you are a guy - always choose the former and if you are a girl - always choose the latter.

Men shouldn’t indulge into romance and love, its too sentimental and prevents them from pragmatically leading and working hard towards a goal (true love is dangerous for men with ambition), let the women daydream about love. Men are judged and find success within accomplishment and overcoming barriers, women find it in being in their natural comfort and feeling loved & being supported.

I think you misunderstood me, success does not mean basic income lol I mean like really high achievements. Having a job is a necessity not a dream or goal.
I would agree, one could strive to have both with a caveat.
a) Earlier on in one's career, say fresh out of university, one might focus upon professional advancement viz working longer hours to gain exposure, acquiring professional certs, joining org. bodies, challenging oneself in taking on demanding projects etc., whilst staying on course for, say 5 years, or an incremental set of years of one's choosing,
b) However, one could shift gears, and direction to personal growth in forming consequential relationships with loved ones, be it family, friends, or love interests, say in the next set of years.

This is not to neglect the former whilst the latter is being prioritised, or vice versa, but a deliberate swap of the two as one takes precedence over the other in its designated spell. For instance, where the focus shifts to professional growth, where one is working 16 hours a day including weekends, and holidays, then those hours could be adjusted to, say 10 hours with the remaining hours dedicated to personal growth viz advancing consequential relationships.

And with that, one could maintain a balance, in both, in one's life.

Caveat: If one's life lacks form, or is not as structured, then one ought to choose one over the other. In other words, it is not for all.

It works for me.
Nigga ain’t no working 16 hours a day lol

Trending