Some advice would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, been a reader of this forum for some months. Haven't really posted.

I was raised a muslim, no surpise, but have begun to hate it to be honest. I'm sick of the lifestyle and wish I was never a part of this to begin with. I want this religion out of my life but how do you do it after it being there for so long

I've always been very close and practicing. It's hard to stop praying for example. I've been doing it everyday that's permissible for me including sunnah for years. I wanted to not pray today but still got up because I felt bad. Other days I choose to delay them but always go back because I do feel I believe inside, it's so hard to explain. I want to believe Allah but don't want religion, I don't even think that makes sense. What do I even do... How do once practicing Muslims leave Islam so easily

I was raised a muslim, no surpise, but have begun to hate it to be honest. I'm sick of the lifestyle and wish I was never a part of this to begin with. I want this religion out of my life but how do you do it after it being there for so long

I've always been very close and practicing. It's hard to stop praying for example. I've been doing it everyday that's permissible for me including sunnah for years. I wanted to not pray today but still got up because I felt bad. Other days I choose to delay them but always go back because I do feel I believe inside, it's so hard to explain. I want to believe Allah but don't want religion, I don't even think that makes sense. What do I even do... How do once practicing Muslims leave Islam so easily
i dont undertand. do you want to leave islam because you don't believe in it anymore? it doesn't make sense to be fearfulful of allah or feel bad for not praying to an imaginary being you don't believe in.

i think your either agnostic, or a muslim who doesn't like living a muslim "lifestyle".

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud

so you believe in allah but see islam as burden i see

An athiest once asked Ahmed Deedat(well known dacee), how would you feel if you died discovering that the hereafter was a lie?
Ahmed Deedat replied to him not worse than when you die and discover the hereafter is the truth.

What do you mean when you say your sick of the lifestyle and religion can you elaborate?

Also it looks like you want advice from athiest to show you how to stop being a practicing muslim since most ex muslims were not that practicing to begin with.

Maybe you just hate muslims and their culture and not Islam
Try moving somewhere with no muslims and assimilate with their lifestyle whilst keeping your deen

Have you been by yourself a lot lately? Go hang out with your religious friends. Allah's mercy is in the jamaaca

I don't know, I guess it doesn't make much sense. I don't want the Islamic life or Muslim identity but can't seem to get away from it because I know what Islam teaches. I asked ex Muslims because I want to know how some can leave the Islam so easily. Do they feel guilt too, the ones who were once so praciticing? I claim I'm a non believer inside but then I'll pray the same day. How do some just quit and why can't I

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
what do you mean by Muslim lifestyle,you are already capable of performing the fard please elaborate.Ps i'm starting to think that an athiest bent the rules and made all these new accounts that hate on islam,i honestly can't believe that this is the norm amongst somalis .But then again northern hemisphere somalis are qashin so :kanyeshrug::kanyeshrug::kanyeshrug:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I don't know, I guess it doesn't make much sense. I don't want the Islamic life or Muslim identity but can't seem to get away from it because I know what Islam teaches. I asked ex Muslims because I want to know how some can leave the Islam so easily. Do they feel guilt at all... I claim I'm a non believers inside but then pray. How do you just stop and why can't I
what aspects of islam are you not fond of so that i may attempt to clarify misconceptions

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I don't know, I guess it doesn't make much sense. I don't want the Islamic life or Muslim identity but can't seem to get away from it because I know what Islam teaches. I asked ex Muslims because I want to know how some can leave the Islam so easily. Do they feel guilt too, the ones who were once so praciticing? I claim I'm a non believer inside but then I'll pray the same day. How do some just quit and why can't I
if you want you can pm me

It seems like u believe, and any attempts to change ur lifestyle would have you bouncing back to your belief in God. Don't be ashamed of who u are just bc of the current disdainful climate towards our kind. Ppl who actually leave Islam have much firmer reasons than what u'r saying, and don't believe anymore hence don't feel guilty. Non practicing ppl like me basically are cultural muslims and like the identity but ignore all the restrictions, that's an option too

No, I'm not some secret atheist here to hate Islam. More just someone going through difficult times and seeing religion as something that brings more stress. I've been the "be patient, Allah is with me" type believer who would pray throughout the night asking Allah to protect me from what was hurting me, protect me from who was hurting me, make my life easier, and all of that. No difference. I feel don't want to leave Islam fully but feel I would be better to believe Allah is there and not follow the religion but that's not even possible with Islam.

No, I'm not some secret atheist here to hate Islam. More just someone going through difficult times and seeing religion as something that brings more stress. I've been the "be patient, Allah is with me" type believer who would pray throughout the night asking Allah to protect me from what was hurting me, protect me from who was hurting me, make my life easier, and all of that. No difference. I feel don't want to leave Islam fully but feel I would be better to believe Allah is there and not follow the religion but that's not even possible with Islam.
So ur literally putting urself in a corner, yes you believe, but it also brings u stress. If u believe then you you have a choice of whether to practice or not, if u don't feel like practicing, don't. If the guilt overwhelms you then repent and go back to the straight. Those are your options. Plenty of "muslims" do all kinds of bad shit and just ignore that it's forbidden, quit thinking about it so damned much and do what u can live with

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?

Just remember how fucked you will be in the day of judgement. Tbh just be non-practising, pray when you want and do what you want.

Just remember in the day of judgement Allah places your good deeds and bad deeds on a scale. If you believe in Allah and not be a dick you can get away with most shit by repenting.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
Just remember how fucked you will be in the day of judgement. Tbh just be non-practising, pray when you want and do what you want.

Just remember in the day of judgement Allah places your good deeds and bad deeds on a scale. If you believe in Allah and not be a dick you can get away with most shit by repenting.
@star do not fear this intimidation tactic, the emotional blackmail. Once you free yourself from this, you may find your answer.

@star we live in hard times where holding on to the religion is like holding on to hot coal. Perhaps if you saw the practice of Islam as the norm, and we lived in the time of Islamic Empires, you would not feel this way. Remember that hell is surrounded by the desires and lusts of this world. There is no peace or freedom in the life you wish to lead. The grass is not greener on the other side. If you wish to find out for yourself, you have free will to do so, but at a price - you will be held accountable for any sin you engage in (including leaving the prayer) on the Day of Judgement,

It is a struggle but I would say don't give up. Your guilt at not praying is your fitrah - your innate disposition to worship Allah - forcing you up. It is a mercy from Allah that it is so difficult for you to leave the faith.

Keep praying no matter what. No matter what.

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
You can still believe in a God without being part of any religion (agnosticism). That's the simplest solution to your current predicament. You have to ask yourself this simple question, if you want to liberate yourself from the chains of religion. Why would a God punish people for holding innocuous views and having harmless lifestyles? Think about it, in Islam, God grants people to kill apostates, women to get stoned for adultery, homosexuals to be vilified and condemned,merely for existing. Surely, this can't be a righteous God?

These are one of the chief reasons that made leave the religion. And you shouldn't feel guilty by leaving it because there are many more sensible arguments for not staying in a religion. Especially, as you've said, if it gives you unnecessary stress and takes you out of the fold for even entertaining the idea of believing in Allah without the accompanied rites, incantations and rituals. Someone above me said, holding onto religion is like holding on to hot coal, I would say trying to understand the world is like grasping a cloud of gas or a liquid using using hands that are made themselves of gas or water, so that they dissolve as you close them.

Once I left the religion, along time ago, I felt a crushing sense of vertigo, an existential angst, if you will, but that's because of the freedom that comes with it. You realize that only you have the autonomy to assign meaning to your own life and not someone else. For many people that idea is scary. That's why they take a leap of faith and join religion in order to get rid of that ''uncanniness'' and dread .Sarte described this experience eloquently, ''man is condemned to be free, once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does. I wish you good luck on your journey!

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
If you believe in Allah, but find practising hard you can just stop practising. I would advise you to remain patient and spend time with people because being alone brings you waswas. Read qbout tawhid and increase your knowledge about Allah. It will increase your love for him and you wouldn't want to be part of anything else after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.