Some advice would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you're saying OP, life of a muslim can be so unnecessarily restrictive at times. Just do whatever you want, you can always just label yourself a liberal muslim and go from there :icon cool:

As for you're question. No one abandons everything they were taught from birth all at once, small steps here and there. I stopped praying, I'd eat chicken regardless of whether it was non halal or halal, y'know baby steps. :kanyeshrug:

I didn't leave islam all at once. It was mainly a cumulation of many years of doubts and scepticism until one day i realised I didn't believe. Questioning everything I was taught to do also helped speed up the process, for example; i stopped praying cuz no one is gonna answer my prayers. It's basically like talking to urself :francis:

It gets easier after a while lol i remember in the past I never used to listen to music, because of haram, and now I can't leave my house without my ipod :icon lol:

VixR

Veritas
The urge or guilt for not praying even though it doesn't make sense is completely normal. And eating during Ramadan when everyone is fasting, and the fake afurs. :wow: And the feeling when you try previously "haram" foods and drinks :whew: It takes a while to reprogram the program ileen even though I don't believe a single word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts