Somaliweyn: Any hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that there is any chance of a greater Somalia anymore? Do Somalis in Djibouti, Ethiopia and Kenya still want it? What's the status?

Brader, we can't even unite two clans or villages ,so what somaliweyn do you speak about?the Somalis in Ethiopia are fully Ethiopians now.kenyan has taken kismayo and everything South.bantus do as they please in muqdisho and the surrounding areas.ethiopia collects taxes in beledweyene.somaliweyn is dead.get on with your lives.war dadkani waa mtixaan.

maestro

Cultural revolution
Absolutely no chance. Djibouti is gone, Somaliland too. Puntland is semi-autonomous and could declare independence anytime and be like Somaliland so consider it gone too. NFD Somalis have accepted being Kenyan and don't want anything to do with Somalia. Ogaden is a complicated case but the people there absolutely do NOT want anything to do with Somalia. Many of us even believe that this Somaliweyn bullshit has caused a lot of problems for us and our struggle.

Somaliweyn never happened and never will happen. The sooner we accept this reality the happier we'll all be.

Apollo

VIP
Ethiopia is the most fragile state of the bunch who colonize Somali lands. I can see Ethiopia collapsing one day.

Djibouti and Kenya, highly unlikely.

VixR

Veritas
I know it's a definite no @ Djibouti and Somaliland. Perhaps better luck with Ogaden and that one Kenyan territory that I can't remember it's name.

Apollo

VIP
I know it's a definite no @ Djibouti and Somaliland. Perhaps better luck with Ogaden and that one Kenyan territory that I can't remember it's name.

Somaliland is not a country. Why are you guys pretending like it is even official. It's just as much part of Somalia as the rest.

VixR

Veritas
Somaliland is not a country. Why are you guys pretending like it is even official. It's just as much part of Somalia as the rest.

Too much time has passed, and chickens have come home to roost. The probability of Somaliland ever again being under Somalia's rule is practically non-existent. I don't see it. But I think we're getting ahead of ourselves...Somalia isn't even under Somalia's control.

I don't want to politick about this, tho. :vo3yidw:

Apollo

VIP
Too much time has passed, and chickens have come home to roost. The probability of Somaliland ever again being under Somalia's rule is practically non-existent. I don't see it. But I think we're getting ahead of ourselves...Somalia isn't even under Somalia's control.

I don't want to politick about this, tho. :vo3yidw:

Who cares what they think. In international law they are still part of Somalia.

Tibet and Catalonia would like to leave their respective countries as well, but their government simply do not recognize those voices. Somalia could do the same thing to Somaliland and keep it forever under its sphere.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
History will remember you folks who didn't turn up when the country needed you.

The longer i live on the more i realise how true JFK's statement was. Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.

History will remember you folks who didn't turn up when the country needed you.

The longer i live on the more i realise how true JFK's statement was. Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.
f*ck you my HG brother.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Djibouti is gone. Somaliland is on its way as well. Puntland is already semi autonomous. NFD are full blown Kenyans.

Ogaden is more complicated. Ethiopia is fragile and could descend into civil war one day. Ogaden will probably claim independence as well. No chance of reuniting with Somalia.

Somaliweyn is dead. Forget about it and move on. Let's create a Balkan style Horn and try and live peacefully with each other.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
But then again if Germany and USA can go into a bloody war (civil war in the USA case) with millions dead and return back on their feet and unify the country again then there might be a bit of hope for Somalis. Germany was unifued less than 30 years ago.

Another way of looking at it is Hungary won't ever get Transylvania back from Romania. Those Hungarians are forever Romanians now. Same with the ones living in Slovakia due to Hungarian land lost to Czechoslovakia. Same way NFD Somalis sre forever Kenyans as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending