Somalis in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there are many more who were born in Italy though.

Italy doesn't give citizenship very easily so refugees only use it as a resting stop to go to other places. A lot of somalis left in the late 80s and early 90s too.

You asked why you didn't see them on a visit, I told you that there are plenty but they don't congregate and many live in smaller towns and are married to Italians.

That's interesting, would you say that they live in clusters together like they do in UK, US etc? From what you've described they don't seem to like non westernized somalis

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
That's interesting, would you say that they live in clusters together like they do in UK, US etc? From what you've described they don't seem to like non westernized somalis

No they're pretty wadani, but just secular, think old muqdishu. It's like the Islamic Revolution missed them. My auntie did say she recently saw a bunch of girls in hijab and boys in khamis and she thought it strange. She's lived in Italy since she was under 13 and that's the first she ever saw somalis from Italy wearing Islamic clothing. You will get stared at if you wear hijab in Italy a lot.

I think most of the somalis there are just spread out and don't have a community. Plus reer titanic seem to leave as quickly as they come because they no there are f*ck all opportunities there. Unemployment in Italy is through the roof. What's a FOB going to do there?

They obviously live in cities and the majority are not 'ethnically assimilated'
I think he is trying to say every one of them there look
Like this
:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Kkkk
:dwill::dwill::dwill:

They look like tanned Italians in that video. If I ever saw them on vacay there I'd assume they were part of @ሕጊ።። people. Excluding the random warya and amuus thrown in there :deadosama:
I kinda wanna meet them but I have this feeling they'd look down on me for being full somali :damedamn:

They very much remind me of my family in France, they're pretty assimilated

No they're pretty wadani, but just secular, think old muqdishu. It's like the Islamic Revolution missed them. My auntie did say she recently saw a bunch of girls in hijab and boys in khamis and she thought it strange. She's lived in Italy since she was under 13 and that's the first she ever saw somalis from Italy wearing Islamic clothing. You will get stared at if you wear hijab in Italy a lot.

I think most of the somalis there are just spread out and don't have a community. Plus reer titanic seem to leave as quickly as they come because they no there are f*ck all opportunities there. Unemployment in Italy is through the roof. What's a FOB going to do there?

So they are very liberal? damn. I feel like isolated from other somalis is probably what kept the islamic revolution at bay, I notice somalis often up the religiousness when there's others around them to keep them accountable

Yeah the employment situation in Italy is very bleak, even young ethnic italian ppl are leaving in droves for better opportunity

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
So you are trying to say there are more somalis than senegalese, nigerian, habesha, ghanaian?

No

Dude your first post said why don't I see somalis in Italy and I told you that's because they don't sell knicknacks on the dirty street corners of Naples like those other groups.

Sheesh :damn:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
:dwill::dwill::dwill:

They look like tanned Italians in that video. If I ever saw them on vacay there I'd assume they were part of @ሕጊ።። people. Excluding the random warya and amuus thrown in there :deadosama:
I kinda wanna meet them but I have this feeling they'd look down on me for being full somali :damedamn:

They very much remind me of my family in France, they're pretty assimilated

So they are very liberal? damn. I feel like isolated from other somalis is probably what kept the islamic revolution at bay, I notice somalis often up the religiousness when there's others around them to keep them accountable

Yeah the employment situation in Italy is very bleak, even young ethnic italian ppl are leaving in droves for better opportunity

My cousins in their 30s and 40s are half italian and they're so wadani wallahi. Even my cousins husband who's full italian roots for somalia. Italians especially in the south are jovial people and probably the only whites I rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts