Somalis in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are there not many somalis in Italy?
There are many senegalese, habesha, sri lankans but never seen a somali on myvisit

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Yes but most of them are extremely assimilated and came in the 50s,60s,70s. You wouldn't even be able to tell they're somali.

Yes but most of them are extremely assimilated and came in the 50s,60s,70s. You wouldn't even be able to tell they're somali.
Assimilated doesnt necessarily mean they started mixing and now dont look somali
Ill check the census and see how many there are , many africans came to europe then too

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Assimilated doesnt necessarily mean they started mixing and now dont look somali
Ill check the census and see how many there are , many africans came to europe then too

?

Most of the ones I've known are married to Italians, wear western clothing only, speak italian in the house only, eat only italian food, drink etcetc. They're the only group of somalis I've observed to be fully assimilated in the diaspora.

There are loads you just will not notice them because they don't look like the somalis you would see in the UK, CAnada, the states etc.

?

Most of the ones I've known are married to Italians, wear western clothing only, speak italian in the house only, eat only italian food, drink etcetc. They're the only group of somalis I've observed to be fully assimilated in the diaspora.

There are loads you just will not notice them because they don't look like the somalis you would see in the UK, CAnada, the states etc.
I am not talking about those assimilated ones i mean normal ones otherwise u can say the same for habesha and other africans

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
There are 7900 somali born people in italy
5500 men and 2400 women

But there are many more who were born in Italy though.

Italy doesn't give citizenship very easily so refugees only use it as a resting stop to go to other places. A lot of somalis left in the late 80s and early 90s too.

You asked why you didn't see them on a visit, I told you that there are plenty but they don't congregate and many live in smaller towns and are married to Italians.

But there are many more who were born in Italy though.
True, that figure he gave you was only for Somali-born citizens.
But to be fair I've been to Rome many times and I've rarely bumped into Somalis, but if you say so as I was in the city not smaller towns. The West Africans work poorly too, there were so many of them at the beach walking around selling water bottles and equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending