Somalia's natural resources to be extracted

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
NO no not now. Soon one day but not now.
1) wherever the gold is found Somalis will say "this was found on darood!" "no isaaq!"
2) we will tear eachother apart
3) we dont have a stable leader to not betray us yet
4) we aren't trained or smart enough nowadays to let forgein people take advantage of us!

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
NO no not now. Soon one day but not now.
1) wherever the gold is found Somalis will say "this was found on darood!" "no isaaq!"
2) we will tear eachother apart
3) we dont have a stable leader to not betray us yet
4) we aren't trained or smart enough nowadays to let forgein people take advantage of us!

It's an iimportant step toward prosperity

With the amount of money coming in we can redevelop our country and fight terrorism with those same dollars. The Arabs fund these poor folks in order to destabilize the nation.
We gotta fight money with money.

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
It's an iimportant step toward prosperity

With the amount of money coming in we can redevelop our country and fight terrorism with those same dollars. The Arabs fund these poor folks in order to destabilize the nation.
We gotta fight money with money.
UAE isn't even hiding it anymore, cagta si cad leysku qabanaa meesha sxb. I still don't understand why they're being the way they are.

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
UAE isn't even hiding it anymore, cagta si cad leysku qabanaa meesha sxb. I still don't understand why they're being the way they are.
Historically Somalis have dominated the Gulf of Aden, the Red sea and the entire Somali peninsula. They know with prosperity, people from around the world would rather vacation in Berbera and Hobyo and not in the Emirates.

They hate us cause they ain't us :manny:

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I'd rather oil than previous rare earth metals like diamonds, gold and uranium. This must not be exploited until we have a steady decent government that's here to oversee a long-term 10yr plan.

Oil will be useless in 10yrs anyway as the price will decrease when western nations move away from the resource.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Somalia is not completely liberated yet, I say until the SFG and regional dowlads fully controls the whole country, we shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves. The offshore oil exploration is perfect for now :)

If this is to take place soon i only hope that this is done smart and smoothly, we cannot have the resources turn into a political tool or into tribal feuds, and definitely not have it be exploited by foreign companies, I wouldve preferred the extraction to take place later than now when we have a more stable framework to work on though at the same time if we wait too long the value of oil will decrease rapidly as the need for gas powered cars and other oil used services will decline for renewable alternatives, so at the same time now is a good time

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

South Sudan is extremely rich in resources but have endless conflicts ongoing. Resources won't fix a nation, strong leadership and an engaged population will.

A country with 600 million budget will forever be a clusterfuck. Oil money will help reduce poverty and thus reduce general radicalization.

The country desperately needs hard currency to provide services and become more stable. If we're able to spend more money on our military budget and bring development many of the problems will solve themselves.