Somalia identity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guy follow you elders histories or do follow history through you own research.

also what do you think about labels Cushitics, the Land of Punt and Haplogroup E1b1b and their none traditional origins (White Academia).

and if your abandon the traditional approach to looking at somali history and identity what do you replace it with.
so Somali spot what team are you on.

S

Shamis

The elders have all said their piece and I say thank you but that's quite enough now.

The elders have all said their piece and I say thank you but that's quite enough now.
so what are prepared to do about it, how do you educate the next generation since in somalia consensus is everything. if you espouse what you think either you'll be laugh off the stage or people will think you need dhaqan celis. you don't challenge elders in somali culture, you're actually supposed to hold you tongue and get educated. and for something i agree but other issue i don't like being force to bow to traditional.

S

Shamis

Lol dude they got parents and tonnes of extended family to do that and they do work hard, in and out of the country. Our students waa masha Allah but you think we're terrorists and gang bangers soo ma'ahan. Good news in Somalia is never reported, just look for the hastag #someonetellmaryharper and you'll see that we get a hard time during our hardest time but we're still trooping on..

so what are prepared to do about it, how do you educate the next generation since in somalia consensus is everything. if you espouse what you think either you'll be laugh off the stage or people will think you need dhaqan celis. you don't challenge elders in somali culture, you're actually supposed to hold you tongue and get educated. and for something i agree but other issue i don't like being force to bow to traditional.

There's a difference with folktales and real historic recordings. Somali's passes their history in oral tradition and is susceptible to modification and whitewashing.

Lol dude they got parents and tonnes of extended family to do that and they do work hard, in and out of the country. Our students waa masha Allah but you think we're terrorists and gang bangers soo ma'ahan. Good news in Somalia is never reported, just look for the hastag #someonetellmaryharper and you'll see that we get a hard time during our hardest time but we're still trooping on..

Terrorist and gang bangers, no to the former but the jury still out on the latter, you read the same statistics about somali youth. the elders fail in somalia and they are failing in the west. poverty and hopeless is not what i consider working hard on it.

S

Shamis

The environment for gang banging wasn't created by them, they (those who fall into this) go into failing areas of North America and London and get accosted by established gangs, some even in school where they should be safe from such influences. They're living a poverty you don't experience in a peaceful country in Africa with a culture that is celebrated by the masses and is on every cinema screen and radio non stop for decades. It's even on T shirts in popular stores. Maybe America and London need to change their culture and stop targeting every black child with these violent images and words every day of their lives.

S

Shamis

If a government did what these industries are doing to make a profit, the planet would be bombing them as fascists.

The environment for gang banging wasn't created by them, they (those who fall into this) go into failing areas of North America and London and get accosted by established gangs, some even in school where they should be safe from such influences. They're living a poverty you don't experience in a peaceful country in Africa with a culture that is celebrated by the masses and is on every cinema screen and radio non stop for decades. It's even on T shirts in popular stores. Maybe America and London need to change their culture and stop targeting every black child with these violent images and words every day of their lives.
:nvjpqts:

I believe in my oral tradition as handed down to me by my father and handed down to his father. I have seen nothing conclusive that would contradict the oral traditions about where my people originally come from. Darods most certainly are Yemeni in origin, Isaacs are most likely originally from Iraq, and Hawiye/Dir were originally from North Africa and share an ancestor with all non-Arab North Africans. All of these people living in the Somali peninsula come from different and diverse ethnic backgrounds and have completely unrelated lineages and genetics, but ostensibly share a common language, religion, and culture. This is what all Somalis have always recognized as a Somali: Anyone who speaks the language and practices the ways of life that are dominant in the Somali peninsula regardless if you're originally from China or Nigeria, they're just as Somali as I or anyone else of the major tribes in the region.

I believe in my oral tradition as handed down to me by my father and handed down to his father. I have seen nothing conclusive that would contradict the oral traditions about where my people originally come from. Darods most certainly are Yemeni in origin, Isaacs are most likely originally from Iraq, and Hawiye/Dir were originally from North Africa and share an ancestor with all non-Arab North Africans. All of these people living in the Somali peninsula come from different and diverse ethnic backgrounds and have completely unrelated lineages and genetics, but ostensibly share a common language, religion, and culture. This is what all Somalis have always recognized as a Somali: Anyone who speaks the language and practices the ways of life that are dominant in the Somali peninsula regardless if you're originally from China or Nigeria, they're just as Somali as I or anyone else of the major tribes in the region.

how do you know hawyie/dir are from north africa?, hawyie believe they descend from irir saamale who was a yemeni migrant, don't you think its a bit disrespectful to expect people to believe your oral traditions, but you don't believe theirs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts