Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Viewers choice, YOU PICK!

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie-Murphy-Laughing-Chappelles-Show-Prince.gif

Reer Roger
:chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:

I just broke my fast :damn::deadosama:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I love when Somali people are on youtube, tv, magazines, ect! There aren't that many! Why not? Somali people have so much to offer! I've created youtube videos since I was 14 years old! It's one of my oldest hobbies. But In the last decade, there are still only a few internet personalities and even less Somali celebrties. :( Let's change this!
You don't have to support something you don't like. I would never want you to.

I would love video suggestions! I will take any non offense serious video suggestions into consideration!
I've currently heard that I should do a video talking in Somali! Another was that I should make a video about "You know your from Somali when..."
Let me know, become a part of the Somali youtube community! The more people do, I'll be able to do give aways, interactive videos, ect.

Some of you have seen my DNA video and are awaiting my mothers results and my 23andme follow up results! Here are a couple videos to keep you occupied!

NEWEST VIDEOS
My thoughts about U.S gun violence:
A video challenge with Roger!:
View attachment 3893 View attachment 3894

Do a relationship tag!:russ:

Don't mind these Somalis. They will be the first to watch your videos.

Decca what do you think about taking about Queen Caraweelo?

I think she can stand for female empowerment to some! Some females can even relate to her when it comes to males feeling threatened by their power. I don't think castration is good, but that was her decision.. I don't know too much about her to speak any more about it

Hafez

VIP
@Rooble check what I found about this clan:

"In some Rahanwayn and Digil communities, there was a further distinction between two sets of nobles. Within the Geledi clan (located in Afgooye, just north of Mogadishu, and its environs) studied by anthropologist Virginia Luling, the nobles were divided into Darkskin and Lightskin categories, designations corresponding to the physical appearance of their members. The Darkskins were descendants of the core or founding group of the Geledi; the Lightskins had a separate line of descent, claimed partly Arab origin, and resembled the Arab populations of the old coastal towns. They had been completely Somalized, however. The wealth and position of the Lightskins were similar to that of the Darkskins, but the latter had precedence in certain traditional rites."
http://countrystudies.us/somalia/39.htm

Sounds like a Xamari Arab (Yemeni/Omani/whatever) migrated to their ends and spread his seed far and wide.
:damn::damedamn:

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I love when Somali people are on youtube, tv, magazines, ect! There aren't that many! Why not? Somali people have so much to offer! I've created youtube videos since I was 14 years old! It's one of my oldest hobbies. But In the last decade, there are still only a few internet personalities and even less Somali celebrties. :( Let's change this!
You don't have to support something you don't like. I would never want you to.

I would love video suggestions! I will take any non offense serious video suggestions into consideration!
I've currently heard that I should do a video talking in Somali! Another was that I should make a video about "You know your from Somali when..."
Let me know, become a part of the Somali youtube community! The more people do, I'll be able to do give aways, interactive videos, ect.

Some of you have seen my DNA video and are awaiting my mothers results and my 23andme follow up results! Here are a couple videos to keep you occupied!

NEWEST VIDEOS
My thoughts about U.S gun violence:
A video challenge with Roger!:
View attachment 3893 View attachment 3894

heeey I think you're very beautiful

@Rooble check what I found about this clan:

"In some Rahanwayn and Digil communities, there was a further distinction between two sets of nobles. Within the Geledi clan (located in Afgooye, just north of Mogadishu, and its environs) studied by anthropologist Virginia Luling, the nobles were divided into Darkskin and Lightskin categories, designations corresponding to the physical appearance of their members. The Darkskins were descendants of the core or founding group of the Geledi; the Lightskins had a separate line of descent, claimed partly Arab origin, and resembled the Arab populations of the old coastal towns. They had been completely Somalized, however. The wealth and position of the Lightskins were similar to that of the Darkskins, but the latter had precedence in certain traditional rites."
http://countrystudies.us/somalia/39.htm

Sounds like a Xamari Arab (Yemeni/Omani/whatever) migrated to their ends and spread his seed far and wide.
:damn::damedamn:

Yep Afgooye is where my Grandmother was born. My family is both lightskinned and darkskinned. My grandmother had 19 kids and half of them had dark skin and the other half followed after her and had light skin. So I don't know about the part that said the clans were divided. We weren't divided into groups though, my family never cared which clans we married. My mother has light skin and I have dark skin that I took after my father and grandfather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts