Somali woman gets aids from her husband

Honestly, we need to start normalizing married women routinely getting STI tests in our community. In addition to HIV, the other potentially deadly thing is HPV, which can turn into cervical cancer. Thankfully, cervical cancer is a very slow growing disease and takes about 10 years to develop from HPV, which is why regular testing is so important; you can fix things while the cells are pre-cancerous. I know of a Somali mother who died from cervical cancer after her husband infected her with HPV. (To add, there are no HPV tests for men.)

Anyway, I hope the woman in the video and her child can manage a (relatively) healthy and long life inshallah.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
There’s Somali guys who go to Ethiopia and while on their “business trip” visit a brothel or sleep with habashi girls over there than once they come back they spread their StD to their partner

Happened to a woman who used to work as a maid for my ayeeyo once she found out she got it she wanted everyone to keep it a secret from her young daughter and her husband ran away and went into hiding claiming she’s the one who infected him funny thing is if she was the one who infected him why didn’t he contact authorities on her or call cops he didn’t cause he’s guilty hence why he ran and went into hiding

I also noticed back home they don’t seem to understand how AIDS works cause whenever relatives where over in the house they didn’t wanna be in the same room as the maid or refuse to eat the food she cooked claiming they gonna get infected

@Angelina do you think there may be more Somali men who do stuff like this then sspot would like to admit?? I’ve heard stories but I wanna know your point of view
I don’t know wallahi. I hope not. I’d like to think not. But the way we go about marriage and polygamy makes it so that if there was an outbreak, it could turn into a massive issue. I just preach that people are careful and prioritize sexual exclusivity and if men do really want to be polygamous, they should first inform their spouses and make sure to test their 2nd wife to be. You can’t be reckless with other peoples sexual health.

Test men before marriage twice. It take AIDs sometime to show up in the bloodstream and be detected by the blood test in the hospital. If a person was just infected the virus won't show up in the medical tests for a while. That's why you need to test a man twice 6 months in between to be 100% sure that he doesn't have anything, don't sleep with them until both tests are done. Then test them routinely every 6 months forever. Make sure to do the blood draw test, not the other ones. This is my professional advice as a nurse

My personal advice: Follow above, excepts test them routinely every 3 months
You want to test a man every 3 months like he's one of those homosexuals⁉️

U Mad Reaction GIF by Bernardson

I don’t believe that healthy sane women get into relationships for just sex.

That depends on your definition of a healthy sane woman. After all if a woman isn't being sexually satisfied by her husband she is allowed to divorce him. That doesn't make her insane and technically a woman's pleasure isn't needed when it comes to getting her pregnant.

A lot of people are surface level and superficial and only seek marriage to fulfil there desires or something dumb like getting married to show out on there wedding day. Basically a lot of people are immature and don't see the bigger picture. A lot of people are obsessed with pron and whatpad and many people are shamelessly exposing themselves to be like this all over soical media men and women.

If that was the case, getting married but never having children would be halal but it isn’t. There are far too many Hadiths that talk about the importance of children and family.
You can do that it's not really stated anywhere that it's haram and by that logic that means it would be forbidden to marry women and men that are sterile/barren but it ain't. Having kids is very important I agree and is the main reason of marriage to increase the ummah and there are many Virtues but it isn't the sole reason to get married that was my point. I never stated that it wasn't important or that it wasn't the main reason rather that there are other reasons as to why one would get married.

Starting strong Muslim families is a massive purpose in Islam which is why divorce whilst allowed is frowned upon. Marriage shouldn’t be used as a way to simply sleep with each other and then dump each other. People really can’t be pointing the finger at dysfunctional gaal relationships when the end results are the same. Scattered kids with daddy issues and a fragmented community due to the many broken homes.
I fully agree I wasn't making an argument here I was just stating the sad state people currently are in not whether I think it's ok or not.
Whilst it isn’t Mut’ah since it is contracted, it’s a one sided unofficial one as the end result is the same. We need to ask ourselves why was Mutah banned? To obviously avoid dysfunctions like that I’ve mentioned.
The way I see it is that he had an objective in mind and so did she. Both very messed up reason and perhaps you can call it a one sided mutah but I just avoid putting labels on things like this when it isn't official and neither do we know exactly what his intentions were with this woman either but it is a dysfunctional mess

I don’t know wallahi. I hope not. I’d like to think not. But the way we go about marriage and polygamy makes it so that if there was an outbreak, it could turn into a massive issue. I just preach that people are careful and prioritize sexual exclusivity and if men do really want to be polygamous, they should first inform their spouses and make sure to test their 2nd wife to be. You can’t be reckless with other peoples sexual health.
Do you think that there may be many Somali women with aids who unfortunately may not know or don’t want to share it with others due to the stigma? I obviously believe that those women are victims and shouldn’t be demonized but Somali society isn’t really forgiving of women all that much

That depends on your definition of a healthy sane woman. After all if a woman isn't being sexually satisfied by her husband she is allowed to divorce him. That doesn't make her insane and technically a woman's pleasure isn't needed when it comes to getting her pregnant.
You’ve misunderstood me. I mean only for sex. Sex is a huge component when it comes to relationships for both men and women. But it’s vital for women to have a man stick around to help her raise the kids, which is why women have always been more picky than men and will continue to be so.
A lot of people are surface level and superficial and only seek marriage to fulfil there desires or something dumb like getting married to show out on there wedding day. Basically a lot of people are immature and don't see the bigger picture. A lot of people are obsessed with pron and whatpad and many people are shamelessly exposing themselves to be like this all over soical media men and women.

You can do that it's not really stated anywhere that it's haram and by that logic that means it would be forbidden to marry women and men that are sterile/barren but it ain't.
It isn’t, because they can’t help it, Allah has tested them with infertility hence condemning them to a life without companionship is cruel. But for healthy and fertile people, going into marriage to not start a family is haram. That is why scholars forbid vasectomies. Search it up, it’s well known that only temporary forms of contraceptions are allowed. So for instance you can delay having kids, but you can’t prevent it.

Having kids is very important I agree and is the main reason of marriage to increase the ummah and there are many Virtues but it isn't the sole reason to get married that was my point. I never stated that it wasn't important or that it wasn't the main reason rather that there are other reasons as to why one would get married.

I fully agree I wasn't making an argument here I was just stating the sad state people currently are in not whether I think it's ok or not.

The way I see it is that he had an objective in mind and so did she. Both very messed up reason and perhaps you can call it a one sided mutah but I just avoid putting labels on things like this when it isn't official and neither do we know exactly what his intentions were with this woman either but it is a dysfunctional mess
True.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Do you think that there may be many Somali women with aids who unfortunately may not know or don’t want to share it with others due to the stigma? I obviously believe that those women are victims and shouldn’t be demonized but Somali society isn’t really forgiving of women all that much
If you are a girl who got aids you’re automatically gonna be labeled as “gabadh xun” and Somalis they would rather believe rumours over the truth even if she got it from her husband they gonna treat her like she’s at fault

Not even gay men get tested that often. The nurses will start to think I'm real freaky😕
Better safe then sorry. Both partners should be getting tested together especially on a routinely basis it can be annually if you want and whenever your apart like on holidays, work trips etc

And who care about a random nurse thinking anything why would you risk your health for a dumb reason like that?

If you are a girl who got aids you’re automatically gonna be labeled as “gabadh xun” and Somalis they would rather believe rumours over the truth even if she got it from her husband they gonna treat her like she’s at fault
Yeah that’s messed up tbh it shouldn’t be that way, but you know good ol Somalia

Really? I thought they’d avoid her because they’re afraid they can get it from her and same with the men. I thought Somalis have realized that the culprits are usually the men who go to other African countries and sleep with/marry women there.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Here come all the replies from known experts that have evidence of millions of somali guys and what they do on their free time

for healthy and fertile people, going into marriage to not start a family is haram. That is why scholars forbid vasectomies. Search it up, it’s well known that only temporary forms of contraceptions are allowed. So for instance you can delay having kids, but you can’t prevent it.
Yes putting the possibility of ever having a child to an end is definitely not permissible like with a vasectomy that's haram. I'm talking about someone who basically pulls out all the time and doesn't ever get kids isn't considered haram

Yes putting the possibility if even having a child to an end is definitely not permissible like with a vasectomy that's haram. I'm talking about the some one who basically pulls out all the time and doesn't ever get kids isn't considered haram
I don’t know about that as many scholars even think women taking the pill for a prolonged period of time without a valid excuse is haram, even though the pill
Is a temporary method like the pull out method.