Somali Traditional Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Notorious means having a bad reputation, Somalis love camels and it's a great source of income.

Shirib is the traditional dance of Hawiye if there was a stand out one. How can niiko be Hawiye's traditional dance when it's only performed by women?

Degodia are not Digil and Mirifle. Also Saar is a poetry tradition as well as a dance, it's not exclusive to D&M.

Jaandheer is not exclusive to Isaaq, Dhulbahante do it too. I didn't even know Isaaq did Jaandheer.
Shirib is more poetry than dance actually, also niiko isn't a traditional hawiye dance, it's done by kids thinking it's ilbaax. You see it everywhere in Somalia, just google niiko + *your prefered city* and you'll see. Kind of like somali kids in the west wine.
:bell:

all off these dances are basically just jumping around and clapping (except niiko), no complexity or rhythm at all.
qhSZdk.gif

Such complexity, much rythm.
:mjlol:
While the Romans were building the Colosseum, Somalis were jumping like savages

While the Arabs were building cordoba, the Somalis were Jumping like Savages

While the Khmer will building Angkor wat, Somalis were jumping like Savages

While the British were having the industrial revolution, Somalis were jumping like Savages

While we are in 21th century, Somali are still jumping around like Savages.

I cringe everything I see these useless dances, exemplified as Somali tradition, they have no history or story behind, rather its just a bunch of reer badiyes jumping around.
All of these civilizations had/have traditional cultural expressions in arts, dance and music, having these doen't equal not being able to build an advanced society. Take your self hating ass out of this thread and be a party pooper elsewhere.
:camby:

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Even prior to colonisation we were fighting of Arabs, Habesha and Bantu. Imagine only a 1-2 million of us fighting off entire ethnic groups to the right and left of us. Also the British, Italians and Habesha destroyed a lot of our heritage, we were occupied for a long time and were bombed by planes. That's like telling Syrians or Iraqis they never had anything or that they were always 'backward with no xyz'.

Nonsense, We never fought Arabs nor Bantus. We only fought the habesha between the 13th century to 16 century, and most of those wars took place around Harar. Their no denying, that our culture is truly unsophisticated. How the hell are you gonna bring a bunch of people jumping around to a festival when others are bringing the works of Michael Angelo, the Porcelain of China, the Carpets of Persia, the Gold of India, the Craftworks of West Africa or the the traditional crowns of Ethiopia :meleshame:

Nonsense, We never fought Arabs nor Bantus. We only fought the habesha between the 13th century to 16 century, and most of those wars took place around Harar. Their no denying, that our culture is truly unsophisticated. How the hell are you gonna bring a bunch of people jumping around to a festival when others are bringing the works of Michael Angelo, the Porcelain of China, the Carpets of Persia, the Gold of India, the Craftworks of West Africa or the the traditional crowns of Ethiopia :meleshame:

You're someone who reeks of low self esteem. How can you present backward Ethiopia which lives of f aid as greater than us? They colonised, they weren't colonised, they are still supported with billions of dollars and even had their infrastructure built for them and they're still backward. How dare you compare their dumb crown to our entire culture. We're also a business success story, just because we had a war doesn't mean we're worthless. Maybe you should isdhiib to Ethiopia seeing you're desperate to be one.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
You're someone who reeks of low self esteem. How can you present backward Ethiopia which lives of f aid as greater than us? They colonised, they weren't colonised, they supported with billions of dollars and even had their infrastructure built for them and they're still backward. How dare you compare their dumb crown to our entire culture. We're also a business success story, just because we had a war doesn't mean we're worthless. Maybe you should isdhiib to Ethiopia seeing you're desperate to be one.

GTFOH nigga, speaking the truth isn't having self-esteem,I love my country more than anyone here, I was one of the few people to go back in 2011 and help out with the droughts, but I am also a realist.

Whilst Somalia has a long Ancient history. 500 years before the Prophet, Ethiopia was a major power, for example "In the 3rd Century AD, the Persian philosopher Mani described Ethiopia as one of the four greatest kingdoms in the world, along with Rome, China and Persia"

Your idiot who has no idea about history or culture. The acknowledgment of others achievements does not equal to low self-esteem, it should inspire you to our own greatness.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I feel sorry for you... you must hate yourself.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Of all subject matters art is truly the one you can't measure objectively, you can never gauge how sophisticated an art piece is really is as it'll always be a subjective observation and therefore always be tinged by bias, your bias for example is against any form of somali cultural expression shown by the way that you elevate any other cultural form of expression than your own.

The acknowledgment of others achievements does not equal to low self-esteem, it should inspire you to our own greatness.
:reallymaury:
I cringe everything I see these useless dances, exemplified as Somali tradition, they have no history or story behind, rather its just a bunch of reer badiyes jumping around.
:duck:

GTFOH nigga, speaking the truth isn't having self-esteem,I love my country more than anyone here, I was one of the few people to go back in 2011 and help out with the droughts, but I am also a realist.

Whilst Somalia has a long Ancient history. 500 years before the Prophet, Ethiopia was a major power, for example "In the 3rd Century AD, the Persian philosopher Mani described Ethiopia as one of the four greatest kingdoms in the world, along with Rome, China and Persia"

Your idiot who has no idea about history or culture. The acknowledgment of others achievements does not equal to low self-esteem, it should inspire you to our own greatness.

You have true low self esteem, read your comments. The way you described us is what I'm getting at, not solely praising others which in isolation is a good thing. Also it's tacky to talk about what you did in charity, if you were sincere you'd keep that to yourself.

Have you never read what was written about us? How rich we were, how were were great merchants. How we had social order involving Kings and sultans, land laws etc? How am I then the idiot who doesn't know about history or culture? That's you, don't deflect your feelings of low self worth onto others.

You don't love Somalia or understand culture otherwise you'd know that these dances are performed after a hard day's work or on celebrations, we don't dance all day every day like animals.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
You have true low self esteem, read your comments. The way you described us is what I'm getting at, not solely praising others which in isolation is a good thing. Also it's tacky to talk about what you did in charity, if you were sincere you'd keep that to yourself.

Have you never read what was written about us? How rich we were, how were were great merchants. How we had social order involving Kings and sultans, land laws etc? How am I then the idiot who doesn't know about history or culture? That's you, don't deflect your feelings of low self worth onto others.

You don't love Somalia or understand culture otherwise you'd know that these dances are performed after a hard day's work or on celebrations, we don't dance all day every day like animals.

Nobody asked you for your opinion nor do you know about my sincerity regarding the charity I did.

As I said these so-called traditional dances are the lowet form of arts, its truly embarrassing when there are performed at international festivals, but I wouldn't expect a bunch of reer badiyos to understand it .:susp:

The Dhaanto can be associated exclusively with the Darod tribe in particular the Ogaden clan.

Dhaanto dance. The dhaanto was inspired by the camel and mimics the actions of the camel. The Ogaden is notoriously nomadic people with more than 90% in the rural area.

Dhaanto is not only associated with Ogaden, but it's also associated with other clans that live in the K5, so stop spreading false information, new person.

Nobody asked you for your opinion nor do you know about my sincerity regarding the charity I did.

As I said these so-called traditional dances are the lowet form of arts, its truly embarrassing when there are performed at international festivals, but I wouldn't expect a bunch of reer badiyos to understand it .:susp:

You put your views and actions out there in public for people to judge, don't cry when people don't celebrate them.

Lastly, they're dances and they're beautiful and fun. That's all dances are meant to be. They also come with lyrics which I find beautiful, too bad you don't and that's all there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts