Somali slaves: Which Arab nation 'sold' somalia, to Italy, in the 19th century?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
They are in self promotion to their friends African American, you know studying programs like African studies wouldn't feed you unless you have good connections with other people who are working in that field. Unfortunately they are AA or from Bantu countries.

Canuck what happened?:birdman:
I was under the impression that we were virtual buddies. :childplease:

Our interaction as been respectful and collaborative so far.
I would hate to see that deteriorate. :damedamn:

So i will make this clear to you, i am not in African studies.
And i am also not trying to buddy up anyone.:comeon:

I'm Just trynna have a civil convo about the material that other people wrote about us.
:kanyeshrug:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Lol @ the notion of Somalis being enslaved as recent as 200 years ago and we don't know about it. It would have been a common knowledge and it would need no prove it happened. You two are self hating Somalis and we have got a lot of them. Continue making up false stories in order to gain approval and views from AAs.

Excerpt from the original post for this thread, which was dedicated to emotional users:

"I want to be clear that i am not a self-hating, self-victimizing, shame spreading, Somali.
I am simply a man who wants to discuss text-based facts about our history. I believe that it's in our best interest to assess the validity of these texts. Because if we ignore this information, that is written about us and that is circulating in universities, then we will suffer in the long run.

If you're just going to spit some 'Somalis are superior' stuff, then keep it moving.
Opinions are like asses, everyone has one.

I want to have a critical discussion about the contents of the videos.

I want to know if the authors (who i quoted in the videos) are wrong, and i want proof that they are wrong.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Not even 200 years ago, he's claiming around 120-30 years ago. I saw his twitter page, and it's just full of hiphop and BLM BS. What a loser.

Prince of Lasanod lool :drakelaugh::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:

For you all i have is laughter.
:chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:
I know you are an Arab-lover, :birdman:

I also knew that you would have a intellectual breakdown on this thread, (and start making personal attacks),
because you lack the ability to discredit the info that i provided in the video.:kodaksmiley:

So it's all good homie. If feel your intellectual frustration :francis:

But don't talk shyt when you have nothing intelligent to say. :ivers::ivers:

And if you can't contest the content, then keep it moving. :camby:

So such a direct demand. Without any small talk? My oh My . . .

lol why do i get the feeling that you are going to use that great mind of yours to investruct (investigate + destruct) my notes. Here is the link for the pdf: https://www.academia.edu/26030157/Somali_History_PDF_for_Youtube_video-series_
Already 2 seconds in and I've spotted another constructed lie.
image.jpeg

Here you state the qoute by an Arab Iraqi, told to and written down by the Persian al-Faqîh.

The problem is that it's a complete lie and fabrication

THIS is the original qoute.
image.jpeg

"such as the Zanj (Bantu), the Ethiopians (Hubsan (perhaps Hubsat, the early Arabic name for Habesh)), and those among the Sûdän who resemble them". That is the original qoute. Why would you lie and say he said Somalis? Somalis don't fit the bill either "malodorous, stinking and crinkly haired with uneven limbs, deficient minds and depraved passions." This is the obvious (racist) description of Bantu/Ethiopian slaves. Not Somalis. Again I remind you slaves were primarily taken from Sudan, Ethiopia
image.jpg

and Zanj.

Note on the qoute by the author of Bilad al-Sudan
image.jpeg

Again, why lie like that?

Last edited:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
View attachment 11982
Here you state that the Persian scholar al-Faqîh qouted this to be said by an Arab Iraqi. That's a complete lie.

View attachment 11984
"such as the Zanj (Bantu), the Ethiopians (Hudsan (perhaps Hubsat, the early Arabic name for Habesh)), and those among the Sûdän who resemble them". That is the original qoute. Why would you lie and say he said Somalis? Somalis don't fit the bill either "malodorous, stinking and crinkly haired with uneven limbs, deficient minds and depraved passions." This is the obvious (racist) description of Bantu/Ethiopian slaves. Not Somalis. Again I remind you slaves were primarily taken from Sudan, Ethiopia View attachment 11985
and Zanj.

View attachment 11983

Wow... whats wrong with these people? They are changing quotes to include Somalis!

Have you ever seen something like this? He WANTS to be a slave!

Fucking liars wow

Madara x

Sleep soundly
View attachment 11982
Here you state the qoute by an Arab Iraqi, told to and written down by the Persian al-Faqîh.

View attachment 11984
"such as the Zanj (Bantu), the Ethiopians (Hubsan (perhaps Hubsat, the early Arabic name for Habesh)), and those among the Sûdän who resemble them". That is the original qoute. Why would you lie and say he said Somalis? Somalis don't fit the bill either "malodorous, stinking and crinkly haired with uneven limbs, deficient minds and depraved passions." This is the obvious (racist) description of Bantu/Ethiopian slaves. Not Somalis. Again I remind you slaves were primarily taken from Sudan, Ethiopia View attachment 11985
and Zanj.

View attachment 11983

Good investigation skills.

I was searching on-line for anti-black quotes by islamic scholars and i came across the one you've pointed out at this site: http://www.colorq.org/Articles/article.aspx?d=2002&x=arabviews. So i inserted it into my pdf as an example.

I spent a few minutes in the video section, where i discussed the quote that you've pointed, emphasizing the fact that it is not a reliable source and that the viewers must go and do their own research.

Therefore, I did not lie. Lying would be me saying that the quote was 100% true. I simply used this quote as one example (while emphasizing it's lack of credibility) amongst other examples, to reinforce the primary sources for my discussion which are texts from the 'books' 'essays' etc.

Go ahead and crucify me tho, for intellectual laziness.

Good investigation skills.

I was searching on-line for anti-black quotes by islamic scholars and i came across the one you've pointed out at this site: http://www.colorq.org/Articles/article.aspx?d=2002&x=arabviews. So i inserted into my pdf as an example.

I spent a few minutes in the video section, where i discussed the quote that you've pointed, emphasizing the fact that it is not a reliable source and that the viewers must go and do their own research.

Therefore, I did not lie. Lying would be me saying that the quote was 100% true. I simply used this quote as one example (while emphasizing it's lack of credibility) amongst other examples, to reinforce the primary sources for my discussion which are texts from the 'books' 'essays' etc.

Go ahead and crucify me tho, for intellectual laziness.
:camby: FOH bro. How can anyone believe in your BS if you can't take a few minutes to verify your "sources"?:kodaksmiley: That's if you haven't deliberately changed them yourself. :mjlol:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
:camby: FOH bro. How can anyone believe in your BS if you can't take a few minutes to verify your "sources"?:kodaksmiley:

As i said, the mentioned quote wasn't my primary source.
My primary sources are always the books and essays.
The maps and etc material from online references are always secondary material that's supposed to help viewers understand the primary texts better.

But don't believe me. I just asked for critical feedback, which is always appreciated.

As i said, the mentioned quote wasn't my primary source.
My primary sources are always the books and essays.
The maps and etc material from online references are always secondary material that's supposed to help viewers understand the primary texts better.

But don't believe me. I just asked for critical feedback, which is always appreciated.
How can you talk about sources or expect anyone to take you serious if you don't verify them? How many sources and citations have you used before that went unchecked just like this one? You've been caught lying and making up quotes just to prove your point. :mjlaugh: Twitter and youtube are that way:camby:, go post your lies there.

View attachment 11982

View attachment 11984
"such as the Zanj (Bantu), the Ethiopians (Hubsan (perhaps Hubsat, the early Arabic name for Habesh)), and those among the Sûdän who resemble them". That is the original qoute. Why would you lie and say he said Somalis? Somalis don't fit the bill either "malodorous, stinking and crinkly haired with uneven limbs, deficient minds and depraved passions." This is the obvious (racist) description of Bantu/Ethiopian slaves. Not Somalis. Again I remind you slaves were primarily taken from Sudan, Ethiopia View attachment 11985
and Zanj.

View attachment 11983

:ooh: @Madara x explain this one?:mjlol:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
How can you talk about sources or expect anyone to take you serious if you don't verify them? How many sources and citations have you used before that went unchecked just like this one? Be real with yourself bro.

Well, also i am not a historian. Or an academic. I don't get paid to do this shit.

I'm doing it out of good will because no one else is.

So if you expect 100% quality of information and strict analysis of all secondary sources, then pay me.

And i will give you what you pay for.

Until then, take in the free info and if you feel that it's inadequate to your standards then kick rocks.

Well, also i am not a historian. Or an academic. I don't get paid to do this shit.

So if you expect 100% quality of information and strict analysis of all secondary sources, then pay me.

Until then, take in the free info and if you feel that it's inadequate to your standards then kick rocks.
You are doing good? lol you are lying, that's what you are doing. So you want to be paid to stop deliberate misinformation?:kanyehmm:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300

For someone who isn't a historian you've shown an admirable respect for primary and secondary sources. I approve :dabcasar:
But if you aren't going to 100% fact check every source you use in your videos, then are you sure it's a good idea to make videos on Youtube effectively misinforming other people (because if the sources are wrong then your claims don't have any backup)?
Like you said, you aren't paid to do this shit.
But I think that if this source was false/unreliable, and you admitted that you didn't and won't be thorough with fact-checking, then it's likely there are other dodgy sources in your videos too.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
For someone who isn't a historian you've shown an admirable respect for primary and secondary sources. I approve :dabcasar:
But if you aren't going to 100% fact check every source you use in your videos, then are you sure it's a good idea to make videos on Youtube effectively misinforming other people (because if the sources are wrong then your claims don't have any backup)?
Like you said, you aren't paid to do this shit.
But I think that if this source was false/unreliable, and you admitted that you didn't and won't be thorough with fact-checking, then it's likely there are other dodgy sources in your videos too.

This thread has obviously been derailed.
But i will play along here and defend my intellectual integrity. :yacadiim:

I think your comments are pretty reasonable. I can see why you would draw such conclusions.
But as i said previously, i rarely make 'claims' in my videos. I do not present information that i published, or info that i concocted from my own work. Instead, all I'm doing is gathering information that is already published, and presenting on it, so that we can all assess that information together 'as a people' and in a civil manner.

Also, all sources have a hierarchy of significance. So they shouldn't be all given the same weight.
The main sources that i heavily use are generally scholarly books or essays.
And then there is etc data (maps, wiki links, online references) that i use to reinforce the quotes from the main texts.
The mains sources are the focal point that you should direct your attention towards, and the etc data is what i add to help viewers with low-education to understand the content.

If you focus on the etc data, instead of focusing on the main sources, then you're wasting your energy.
Or maybe you're just looking for things to criticize, because the main texts have rubbed you the wrong way.

On the other hand, the quotes from main sources (books or essays) that i use are all reliable and credible.
These texts are all published and mostly taught in universities; so according to the institutions that published them, these are credible sources. But if you think that you have the ability to do a thorough analysis on these books, and to demonstrate intellectually that they are bankrupt, then go ahead. Write your critiques of these texts, and publish those critiques, and then i will take into the consideration the possibility that these texts could be inaccurate.

But until that moment, you can certainly disagree with the main texts, and discuss why you think that they are misleading, but you cannot say that they are not credible or reliable.

And You can't do that because individuals don't set the standard for credibility; publishers and educational institutions set that standard. If every individual decided what is credible or reliable based on their own whimsical desires, there would be massive disorder in educational institutions.

So until these books are refuted publicly and taken out of circulation, i will use them as a legitimate info for starting discussions about 'our history'. All i want to do, after all, is to start a discussion, and encourage other people to do their own research.

I apologize if i wrote a little to much. Your comments were respectful and i hope mines weren't rude.

Canuck what happened?:birdman:
I was under the impression that we were virtual buddies. :childplease:

Our interaction as been respectful and collaborative so far.
I would hate to see that deteriorate. :damedamn:

So i will make this clear to you, i am not in African studies.
And i am also not trying to buddy up anyone.:comeon:

I'm Just trynna have a civil convo about the material that other people wrote about us.
:kanyeshrug:

You fall to the pressure of finding more viewers and numbers of followers, so you start the bait click game but on expense of Somalia 'S dignity and history. Plz you are good guy don't be like the rest of self haters. Long live the dervish dream.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
@Madara x I've been reading your posts and I'm hella confused to say the least.

Whenever your sources, and conclusions are challenged you become defensive and blame your mistakes on you not being a historian. To make matters worse, when you're caught changing legitimate quotes, your reply is 'good investigative skills'. Bro do you realise how pathetic that sounds :mjlol:

Listen how about not making us slaves until you have definitive proof?

Madara x

Sleep soundly
You fall to the pressure of finding more viewers and numbers of followers, so you start the bait click game but on expense of Somalia 'S dignity and history. Plz you are good guy don't be like the rest of self haters. Long live the dervish dream.

lol aight sounds like a plan. :yousmart:

Long the live the dervish dream:fittytousand:

Status
Not open for further replies.