Somali slaves: Which Arab nation 'sold' somalia, to Italy, in the 19th century?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they were talking about Slavery, I assumed it was the systematic society destroying chattel slavery equivalent to the trans atlantic slaves. Its actually just really minor shit. You can barely find any mentions of Somalis being Slaves, just one or two quotes from two arab geographers pre 1000 AD.
exactly, when we talk about Bantu slavery, we are talking about well documented mass systematic enslavement. These two clowns are retarded. You don't see an Italian or Indian making a video about this minor shit.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
How can people be so retarded to think that Omanis slaved Somalis in the 18-19th century

.There are people worth debating with, and then there are people who are just borderline handicapped.

Hooyadaa was the only people who were enslaved were the inferior bantus who had massive slave communities as far as 2000 years ago in Arabia.

I'll say the same thing that I said to a similar comment...
Arabs barely documented their doings because Slavery was so entrenched in their culture. It's not even an "exact" estimate on the amounts taken. But if you think Arabs didn't enslave Somalis after Somalis converted to Islam just because they became Muslim then you'd need to explain how and why Arab until this day are using and abusing and exploiting Somalis, forcing them into manual labor,

This is from 2016 http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2016/Jan/103860/despite_abuses_saudi_arabia_aims_to_recruit_15000_somali_maids.aspx

The first picture is from the book Trafficking in Persons Report (10th Ed.)

This article also talks about it http://www.reuters.com/article/us-yemen-somalis-prostitution-idUSTRE61950M20100210

Arabs treat Somalis horribly, today and much of it goes unnoticed by the rest of the Muslim world because the "ummah" doesn't truly care about Black Muslims. That's why no one talks about all the tragedies that are happening in Somalia, everyone just talks about Syria and Palestine and don't get me wrong, we can talk about those issues, but why leave out Black Muslim issues? That happens all the time, there's so much going on in Somalia and Somalis are treated horribly by Arabs, getting called "abeed" yet it all goes relatively unnoticed.

Somalis are being used today, when Somalis are fully Muslim, what makes you think they weren't using Somalis when the Arab Slave Trade in East Africa first started...Again, Arabs referred to Somalis by using the term "Habesha", that's why not a single piece of Islamic/Arabic text has the word "Somali" I posted a picture that talks about how East Africans were referred to as "Habesha" and that location was referred to as the Land of Barbar or Berber.

In the book Slavery and manumission: British Policy in the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf by Jerzy Zdanowski, he says "Berbera" because that was one of the terms it was called.

Another thing that is explained in the book "Red Sea from Byzantium to Caliphate" is the fact that Arabs never said "Somali" or "Somalia"

"Frankincense is also known to have been grown in Somalia from early times, though does not feature prominently in the Arabic narrative sources. Agapius (d. 941-2), for instance, perhaps hints at the production of frankincense when he writes of Ethiopia's 'aromatic plants' ('aqaqir). 238 Similarly, al-Istakhri states that the Ethiopians "live scattered on the coastal region opposite Aden. All frankincense (bakhur)... comes from their country." 239 The Arabic kail al-bakhur does indeed translate as 'all the frankincense,' yet this may be a copyist's error for kail bakhur meaning 'every (type) of frankincense.' This could even be translated more loosely as 'every (type) of incense,' which might make more sense given the references to opercula, ambergris and frankincense produced in Ethiopia."

Frankincense is known for being in Somalia however, Arabs never said Somalia, they said Ethiopia because Somalia as a country did not exist, it was engulfed in term the "Land of Barbar"

Look at a map, if you look at the physical boundaries of what they decided to give Somalia, Somalis spill outside of those physical boundaries and are pretty spread out throughout East Africa (Djibouti, Kenya, Ethiopia, etc).

Here's a pdf online copy of the book the Red Sea

And as far as it being illegal to sale Somalis, that was in the 1800s because Brits wanted to stop Arabs for going to East Africa to take slaves, which they continued to do so anyways, but here's the full page of what Canuck posted (She posted a foot note which didn't explain the context of it.) If you read the whole page, and not just the foot note, it implies Arabs were still taking Somalis because they had to ban Arabs from doing so.

View attachment 11941 View attachment 11942 View attachment 11943 View attachment 11944 View attachment 11945 View attachment 11946 View attachment 11947

You forget Eritrea and its port were part of Ethiopia (habashi) at that time not Somalia. Being poor now had nothing to do with our past, when Somalia had rich kingdoms from Adal to Ajuran kingdoms.

I'll say the same thing that I said to a similar comment...
Arabs barely documented their doings because Slavery was so entrenched in their culture. It's not even an "exact" estimate on the amounts taken. But if you think Arabs didn't enslave Somalis after Somalis converted to Islam just because they became Muslim then you'd need to explain how and why Arab until this day are using and abusing and exploiting Somalis, forcing them into manual labor,

This is from 2016 http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2016/Jan/103860/despite_abuses_saudi_arabia_aims_to_recruit_15000_somali_maids.aspx

The first picture is from the book Trafficking in Persons Report (10th Ed.)

This article also talks about it http://www.reuters.com/article/us-yemen-somalis-prostitution-idUSTRE61950M20100210

Arabs treat Somalis horribly, today and much of it goes unnoticed by the rest of the Muslim world because the "ummah" doesn't truly care about Black Muslims. That's why no one talks about all the tragedies that are happening in Somalia, everyone just talks about Syria and Palestine and don't get me wrong, we can talk about those issues, but why leave out Black Muslim issues? That happens all the time, there's so much going on in Somalia and Somalis are treated horribly by Arabs, getting called "abeed" yet it all goes relatively unnoticed.

Somalis are being used today, when Somalis are fully Muslim, what makes you think they weren't using Somalis when the Arab Slave Trade in East Africa first started...Again, Arabs referred to Somalis by using the term "Habesha", that's why not a single piece of Islamic/Arabic text has the word "Somali" I posted a picture that talks about how East Africans were referred to as "Habesha" and that location was referred to as the Land of Barbar or Berber.

In the book Slavery and manumission: British Policy in the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf by Jerzy Zdanowski, he says "Berbera" because that was one of the terms it was called.

Another thing that is explained in the book "Red Sea from Byzantium to Caliphate" is the fact that Arabs never said "Somali" or "Somalia"

"Frankincense is also known to have been grown in Somalia from early times, though does not feature prominently in the Arabic narrative sources. Agapius (d. 941-2), for instance, perhaps hints at the production of frankincense when he writes of Ethiopia's 'aromatic plants' ('aqaqir). 238 Similarly, al-Istakhri states that the Ethiopians "live scattered on the coastal region opposite Aden. All frankincense (bakhur)... comes from their country." 239 The Arabic kail al-bakhur does indeed translate as 'all the frankincense,' yet this may be a copyist's error for kail bakhur meaning 'every (type) of frankincense.' This could even be translated more loosely as 'every (type) of incense,' which might make more sense given the references to opercula, ambergris and frankincense produced in Ethiopia."

Frankincense is known for being in Somalia however, Arabs never said Somalia, they said Ethiopia because Somalia as a country did not exist, it was engulfed in term the "Land of Barbar"

Look at a map, if you look at the physical boundaries of what they decided to give Somalia, Somalis spill outside of those physical boundaries and are pretty spread out throughout East Africa (Djibouti, Kenya, Ethiopia, etc).

Here's a pdf online copy of the book the Red Sea

And as far as it being illegal to sale Somalis, that was in the 1800s because Brits wanted to stop Arabs for going to East Africa to take slaves, which they continued to do so anyways, but here's the full page of what Canuck posted (She posted a foot note which didn't explain the context of it.) If you read the whole page, and not just the foot note, it implies Arabs were still taking Somalis because they had to ban Arabs from doing so.

View attachment 11941 View attachment 11942 View attachment 11943 View attachment 11944 View attachment 11945 View attachment 11946 View attachment 11947

Plus Somalis are treated worst in African countries than Arab countries, For example Kenya and concentration camps, Ethiopia 's genocides, South Africa burning and stoning of Somalis.........etc.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Plus Somalis are treated worst in African countries than Arab countries, For example Kenya and concentration camps, Ethiopia 's genocides, South Africa burning and stoning of Somalis.........etc.
So everyone hates us pretty much
Good thing we hate everyone too, otherwise it would be an unfair deal

So everyone hates us pretty much
Good thing we hate everyone too, otherwise it would be an unfair deal

Not hate, it is just when you are poor person without country, you become easy target for anyone and anything. Same like the minority people in our country.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Not hate, it is just when you are poor person without country, you become easy target for anyone and anything. Same like the minority people in our country.
It's even worse when you're a visible minority like we are. In South Africa and Kenya, people resent the successful Somali entrepeneurs that have made a living in these countries. It's pretty much the same reason the Jews were persecuted in Nazi Germany. A successful minority becomes a scapegoat

When they were talking about Slavery, I assumed it was the systematic society destroying chattel slavery equivalent to the trans atlantic slaves. Its actually just really minor shit. You can barely find any mentions of Somalis being Slaves, just one or two quotes from two arab geographers pre 1000 AD.
Lol exactly, i dont see other ethnicities who weren't effected by systematic slavery making videos about a few historical cases of enslavement of individuals that happen to share the same ethnicity with them and claiming that their people as a whole were enslaved.
:pachah1:
These two clowns be making it out as if our people were systematically enslaved for centuries which is completly false.
:snoop:

IMG_6042.JPG
This is one of oldest maps of world by l-Idrisi, Somalia in the red square under name Berbera or land of Berber and before it the land of habashi (in today Eritrea and Ethiopia).

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
View attachment 11966 This is one of oldest maps of world by l-Idrisi, Somalia in the red square under name Berbera or land of Berber and before it the land of habashi (in today Eritrea and Ethiopia).
:cosbyhmm:
Old maps are really interesting, it's a great reflection of how people saw the world thousands of years ago.
When was this map made?
Also I'm assuming the large land mass in the upper half of the map is Africa, the map is upside down which is a little strange but it makes sense considering it was made in the Arabian Peninsula

Lol exactly, i dont see other ethnicities who weren't effected by systematic slavery making videos about a few historical cases of enslavement of individuals that happen to share the same ethnicity with them and claiming that their people as a whole were enslaved.
These two clowns be making it out as if our people were systematically enslaved for centuries which is completly false.

They are in self promotion to their friends African American, you know studying programs like African studies wouldn't feed you unless you have good connections with other people who are working in that field. Unfortunately they are AA or from Bantu countries.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
If the fact that Somalis were middlemen in the Arab slave trade and actually kept Bantu slaves was a well known historical fact known by everyone including AAs, the qarxis would be unreal :pachah1:
The SJW SDF (Slavery Denial Force) would actively be trying to claim that Somalis were slaves and we were victims too, and we would be viewed as on the same level as cadaans by AAs

Lol @ the notion of Somalis being enslaved as recent as 200 years ago and we don't know about it. It would have been a common knowledge and it would need no prove it happened. You two are self hating Somalis and we have got a lot of them. Continue making up false stories in order to gain approval and views from AAs.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Lol @ the notion of Somalis being enslaved as recent as 200 years ago and we don't know about it. It would have been a common knowledge and it would need no prove it happened. You two are self hating Somalis and we have got a lot of them. Continue making up false stories in order to gain approval and views from AAs.
Not even 200 years ago, he's claiming around 120-30 years ago. I saw his twitter page, and it's just full of hiphop and BLM BS. What a loser.

Not even 200 years ago, he's claiming around 120-30 years ago. I saw his twitter page, and it's just full of hiphop and BLM BS. What a loser.
Link his twitter sxb.

I remember where my grandpa was 100 years ago and somehow the entire Somali folk don't know that they were enslaved 100 years ago.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
1. Your video has not proved that Somalis were enslaved, only showing that Omani's controlled most of the coast of Somalia which is widely well known and very different from being enslaved.
2. The control of Somali coast wasn't as exploitative as you mentioned it. The Somali Empires allied with the Omani to defeat the Portuguese invasions and traded with them. "In 1660, the Portuguese in Mombasa surrendered to a joint Somali-Omani force." (Tanzania notes and records: the journal of the Tanzania Society pg 76).
3. The Omani sultanate were more of an ally and secured the control of the indian ocean, which was important to Somali empires for trade. The Ottoman Empire was also an ally of the Somali Empires and helped Somalis fight off the Portuguese.
4. As Canuck already stated it was illegal to enslave Somalis since we were Muslims.

Also you may want to look into the relationship between the somali empires that existed and the Omani sultanate more extensively. From the evidence I'm certain that the relationship was not like that of a colonizer and somewhat friendly alliance.

Thanks for the feedback.

I agree with you on some of the things that you said and i disagree with other points.

As i said previously, the content in the presentation wasn't my creation. It was from two different books.

In regards to the content, the fact that there were rebellions and wars in-land between the somalis, arabs, and europeans (as is proven in the video presentation) is enough evidence to demonstrate that the situation between Somalis and Foreingers was of a military kind, and that i wasn't a relation co-existence.

The idea that the Arabs had a friendly alliance, with the somalis who lived on the land that the Arabs were exploiting, is

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Caraweelo X and Madara X are a disgrace to Somali people every where. instead of dedicating their knowledge to to bring something useful, they using it to defame our name. :pacspit:

Excerpt from the original post for this thread, which was dedicated to emotional users:

"I want to be clear that i am not a self-hating, self-victimizing, shame spreading, Somali.
I am simply a man who wants to discuss text-based facts about our history. I believe that it's in our best interest to assess the validity of these texts. Because if we ignore this information, that is written about us and that is circulating in universities, then we will suffer in the long run.

If you're just going to spit some 'Somalis are superior' stuff, then keep it moving.
Opinions are like asses, everyone has one.

I want to have a critical discussion about the contents of the videos.

I want to know if the authors (who i quoted in the videos) are wrong, and i want proof that they are wrong.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
How can people be so retarded to think that Omanis slaved Somalis in the 18-19th century

.There are people worth debating with, and then there are people who are just borderline handicapped.

Hooyadaa was the only people who were enslaved were the inferior bantus who had massive slave communities as far as 2000 years ago in Arabia.

Excerpt from the original post for this thread, which was dedicated to emotional users:

"I want to be clear that i am not a self-hating, self-victimizing, shame spreading, Somali.
I am simply a man who wants to discuss text-based facts about our history. I believe that it's in our best interest to assess the validity of these texts. Because if we ignore this information, that is written about us and that is circulating in universities, then we will suffer in the long run.

If you're just going to spit some 'Somalis are superior' stuff, then keep it moving.
Opinions are like asses, everyone has one.

I want to have a critical discussion about the contents of the videos.

I want to know if the authors (who i quoted in the videos) are wrong, and i want proof that they are wrong.

Madara x

Sleep soundly

I'm glad to hear your opinion. I'm glad to hear that you find the content entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending