Somali makeup videos??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when you grow up in different countries, it's a common occurrence you take on some of their culture. Some take on some parts and others take on other parts. If the culture is not hurting anyone, it's not a bad thing. Like Birthday celebrations aren't hurting anyone. It's a family get together to celebrate a loved one.

Even in the 80s Somalia had western influences. The music, the hair, the movies, the posters on their walls. I have the pictures to prove it. It's not strange at all. It's progressive, it's not harmful. People across the world have adopted cultures. Italian words are in the Somali language for example. Also, Mexican food is big in America. That's another adopted culture. If it's not harmful, it's okay.

I wouldn't call them cringe worthy either, maybe they're just not your thing. Other people seem to like watching them. They're just living life, and it's their life to live.
post pics

She's mixing it with af somali as well that's why
I thought Af-Maay was very different. I practically understood everything, I thought it was the same as my dialect.

Some words are different in af-may, but I grew up around people who spoke both. So I can say a word like three different ways. I just don't know which word is for which dialect. I thought it was all the same, I never knew there was different dialects until recently :O

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
You don't participate in any Westen culture or norms? It's just a birthday. Its called assimilation. Same with new year, anniversaries, white dress weddings, bumping R&B and hip hop, ordering Chinese food etc.

How are we easily influenced more than other groups? Asians change their names to Becky and Tommy lol.
:mjlol:Even Asian international students temporarily adopt Western names. S/O to my boy Thoooomaas

post pics

13139160_10153533503890544_8100323159555996483_n.jpg
13177864_10153533506335544_1408105864304129862_n.jpg

The picture of the two women, my mom is on the left and she's not dressed in traditional Somali clothing. So I guess she was influenced in some way in the late 80s

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I got pictures of my mum and dad, and their brothers from the 80s and they were dressed like standard 1980s hipsters. I'd post some pics but my uncle is too known around here.

:) New subbie over here. You're amazing! I love your free spirit. Can you do the 20 facts about me tag. It would be nice for us to get to know you abit more.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
"It's progressive" r you trolling me? How on earth is watering down your somalinimo progressive. The somali language is dying. The somali culture is dying. N your saying adopting other cultures is progressive. We r doomed people. This just gave me a thread idea lol.
Superior cultures will always take over... our ancestors left their old backwards culture and religion for a new culture and the true religion.

Merca

Inactive.
You're so funny, I like you!! I have relatives who speak af-maay, and I can sometimes understand it. Keep up with the good work :nvjpqts:

"It's progressive" r you trolling me? How on earth is watering down your somalinimo progressive. The somali language is dying. The somali culture is dying. N your saying adopting other cultures is progressive. We r doomed people. This just gave me a thread idea lol.

Progressive in many ways, lets take the psychology of birthday parties for example. The affection given is seen as a plus, to help children grow in a more healthier way. Science of it, idk having the tools to understand global warming. The internet, that my friend is a western progression and you're using it right now.

Hey this is funny, I was just watching one of your videos and thinking that your one of the few somali youtubers I've seen that looks natural and acts normal (not making weird kissing faces at the camera, sultry eyes) You have a new sub :nvjpqts:

Hey this is funny, I was just watching one of your videos and thinking that your one of the few somali youtubers I've seen that looks natural and acts normal (not making weird kissing faces at the camera, sultry eyes) You have a new sub :nvjpqts:

Thanks for the sub! <3

@decca why are American Somali's so cringey? Why has your name evolved from Deeqa to Decca? N its not only u. There's a couple called "The modern somali family"
View attachment 10495

I did some snooping and and she's a 28 year old (her email ends in 88, so I assume she was born in 1988 and that makes sense as she has 2 kid)View attachment 10496
Back to my point why are they soo cringey. She was celebrating her husbands birthday. Why are they adopting different cultures? What happened to Somalinimo? As Somali's we r soo easily influenced. I don't blame them. I blame siaad barre. Even the names they named their kids wasnt somali. God all mighty. @LarryThePuntite says the "lions going to wake up" the lion won't wake up. The lion is dead.

Simmer down with Larry!

The "Lion is going to wake up" is my trademark slogan. Larry the Puntite has a Zero cringe factor.

My channels content is unique in the Somali marketplace. It's microniche journey based content making.

I actually use the name "Larry" on my business cards. Why? Because I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts