Somali long distance runners

Since somalis have won multiple Olympic medals last olympics with long distance runners this thread will be for following distance running atheletes in our community please post the athletes and future prospects I’ll start it off with Abdihamid Nur from America

Mohamed mohumed from Germany

Last edited:
There is a lot of pro somali runners in diaspora and deres always few that always make the olympics
I follow a few on insta
Encourage your young ones to do track sports 800m ,1500m, 5k ,10k and cross country

There are at least 2 somalis in the top 100 all time fastest in those race categories i mentioned
Considering the sport of running is virtually non existent in somalis its pretty decent

the rest are mainly ethiopians and kenyans

Since somalis have won multiple Olympic medals last olympics with long distance runners this thread will be for following distance running atheletes in our community please post the athletes and future prospects I’ll start it off with Abdihamid Nur from America

Mohamed mohumed from Germany
Somali facial structure really interested me

There is a lot of pro somali runners in diaspora and deres always few that always make the olympics
I follow a few on insta
Encourage your young ones to do track sports 800m ,1500m, 5k ,10k and cross country
what countries do they represent I’m tryna post them here what’s there names

I know somalis in america that have d1 scholarships.
I once again say to encourage your young ones to get in the sport. Even if it doesnt lead to a professional career, its great for personal and mental development in an age where all kids do is stare at a screen

what countries do they represent I’m tryna post them here what’s there names
Hassan mead- usa olympic finalist
Mo farah - the goat
Bashir abdi - european record in marathon and one of fastest all time
Mo ahmed - canada won silver in 2020 think hes like 12th fastest all time in the 5000m
Abdi nagayee - won silver in 2020 marathon
These are just a few i know

Hassan mead- usa olympic finalist
Mo farah - the goat
Bashir abdi - european record in marathon and one of fastest all time
Mo ahmed - canada won silver in 2020 think hes like 12th fastest all time in the 5000m
Abdi nagayee - won silver in 2020 marathon
These are just a few i know
Abdihamid nur is the one to follow he’s already being compared to Mo Farah

also ayanleh souleiman hold world record for indoor 1000m
And is in top 50 for the 800m
Imagine if we had a culture of running similar to the ethiopians and kenyans

also ayanleh souleiman hold world record for indoor 1000m
And is in top 50 for the 800m
Imagine if we had a culture of running similar to the ethiopians and kenyans
Lakiin i dont think we will reach the level of those guys anytime soon
Given their access to high altidude training locations whereas somalia as a whole is pretty flat

Lakiin i dont think we will reach the level of those guys anytime soon
Given their access to high altidude training locations whereas somalia as a whole is pretty flat
We have high altitude in northern Somalia and bari region

but what about middle distance are Somalis good at that ?

Trending

Latest posts