Somali females and double lifestyles

Listen, learn the difference between past and present form. Let’s not act like our culture is open regarding a woman not wearing a hijab. This is well known that a lot of Somali women are forced either by family or the Somali SOCIETY to cover up. Don’t try to use my generalization, which I agree was wrong. Since I should not generalize women of an entire ethnicity. Don’t only focus on that so that you can deliberately not acknowledge the stigma surrounding forcing the our culture on a person.
Not really. It's more like fear of societal backlash preventing women from removing the hijab. Most Somali women don't engage in zina or anything like it so even if you wanted to generalize you could've done a better job. You don't know their intention either.

Cartman

reformed
Don’t tell people your business, they’ll use it against you. It’s how it works in our culture and people sadly, so going against it will only make it worse for you. As soon as they realize you’re not gonna do anything or care, they’ll move onto someone who’ll showcase their hurt and then create the drama they craved with exposing them. Continue to do whatever makes you happy, and don’t feel obligated to have to explain yourself.

I feel a lot sympathy for these kids a lot of them were made to dress a type of way by their families from a young age which in turn makes them get treated like social pariahs by the wider society when all they just want to be fit in and be normal kids.

In regards to taking off the hijab when they are at school is not just a Somali thing. I knew an Arab chick who would take off her hijab as soon as she entered school, and put it back on when she went home Also, you have to have a thick skin when it comes to Somalis or else you will go crazy.

Low IQ Somali girls were a plague. I avoided them at all costs. Cadaans aswell.

Cant lie only south asians and the High IQ somali girls seemed sane.

You think Islam never existed before the Marxist takeover :ohlord:
No, I think mainline Wahhabi fundementalism i.e. tents and saudi-backed Imams, didn't in way close to after 1990.

Islam should be mafe to fit our means and desired culture as Ataturk did for Turkish culture, rather than Somalis being fed wahhabi propaganda and subsequently raping our culture to make it fit the Saudi. We aint Arabs or salafists, and shouldn't pretend or try to be.

I’ll tell u a real story
These Somali girls were going to a concert and bc they couldn’t dress like Instagram s at home they decided to change from their abaya into mini skirts etc on a PACKED TRAIN
WALLAHI some ppl have no shame and others are probably thinking these poor Muslims girls are being oppressed

Tbh a lot of Somali women were not wearing proper hijab back in the day so if ppl come for u just saw I’m dressing like my ancestors.
I will say tho imo a lot of ppl just wear a hijab but hijab is more than covering up it’s also about ur behaviour.
I feel like making a thread about this especially regarding hijabis on Instagram who wear a scarf but they’re clothes is so tight u can see their cellulite

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Ngl you sound bitter and no better than your friends. You didn't wear it when they did and they gave you stick for it, deny it or not they shamed you into doing a good deed, you should thank them.

Now you wear it and they don't and instead of helping them you're angry they went to a club?? Go to a club and see what you're missing out on :mjlaugh:

Sambuus

Inactive
Tbh a lot of Somali women were not wearing proper hijab back in the day so if ppl come for u just saw I’m dressing like my ancestors.
I will say tho imo a lot of ppl just wear a hijab but hijab is more than covering up it’s also about ur behaviour.
I feel like making a thread about this especially regarding hijabis on Instagram who wear a scarf but they’re clothes is so tight u can see their cellulite
It’s so embarrassing aswell, since it seems like they are oppressed. When they wear the scarf one day, then come with half naked clothes on IG. Like you can clearly feel and see that they are being forced and the little bit of freedom they find. They spazz out. It’s so sick,

Sambuus

Inactive
Ngl you sound bitter and no better than your friends. You didn't wear it when they did and they gave you stick for it, deny it or not they shamed you into doing a good deed, you should thank them.

Now you wear it and they don't and instead of helping them you're angry they went to a club?? Go to a club and see what you're missing out on :mjlaugh:
I don’t like going to parties and these girls are not my friends. I did not know that calling out a very prevalent issue in our community equates to being bitter. Y’all acting like you don’t know a local somali girl that do the exact same things I mentioned

Trending