Somali females and double lifestyles

Sambuus

Inactive
This is a long ass rant, so i live in a very populated city with loads of somalis. I am born in this specific country and i have myself never been in Somalia, or anything like that and i’ve never really grown up on somali culture since my parents are both raised in Europe. I however come from a really religious household, and wear the veil. So I don’t really know if I deal with self hate but I have always hated being a Somali.

It kinda all started when I was younger, since I used to be very much westernized. The city I lived had a lot of newly arrived somalis. Most of the Somalis that live here are usually immigrants. So I used to get very bullied by several girls since I wasn’t “religious” and they used to tell me that I would go to hell cause I did not wear a veil. The teasing was usually everyday but I did not pay attention to it. I was getting teased and discriminated against by many elders, who did not even let me buy something from their if I did not wear the hijab. It was to the point where grown men used to litterally stop me in the middle of the street and talk about me needing to be “afraid of god, and that I will enter hell if I don’t repent and cover myself” you know the same old story.

So I started wearing it for own personal reason, and til this day some people still complain to me about my clothing.
However the thing is not this. The same girls that use to talk about me repenting and needing to cover my hair is litterally The same ones that used to crucify me.
Same girls are all over social media with their bare midriffs and belly piercings and whatever. Same girls that used to tease me are the ones all over social media, smoking, half naked, having sex and all that shit.

I don’t know what the f*ck is wrong with the Somali community but the standards they put girls wearing hijabs are ridiculous. You are automatically seen as a sheik if you cover your hair. It doesn’t matter if you club everyday and have zina and all that other shit. If you wear hijab is all good. Another thing that I see with all of these so called sheik girls Is the sickening double life. Wearing shit and being half naked one second. Then another picture you see them in a abaya and a hijab. I’ve seen this behavior so many times that it’s sickening. I don’t know if I’m being too into this subject or me projecting my experiences into others. But shit like this is why I would rather not be associated with any Somali girl.

They are embarrassing as f*ck and I’m tired of this double ass lifestyle that all the ajnabis peep and stay asking about. We all know that somali girls get forced to wear the hijab, but if you don’t wanna wear it. Stop fucking terrorizing people who don’t PUBLICALLY wear it. All in the same time while you run of to the nearest bushes to remove your abaya and hijab in the way to school. I’m tired of it all, seeing the local xalimo who used to be the most sheik and win all the quranic competition. Twerking on some dude in the club, all while having picture of you in mosque and club side by side.

Last edited:
I agree with the first part but.
8B5C357E-2A60-4A15-8D93-E059AA1DA9B6.jpeg

The girls with the weirdly strict parents and very sheltered lives are the one who totally snapped and lost it after high school when they got a bit of freedom.

I think forcing things and not allowing kids to have some sort of social lives when theyre very young ruins them, all the worst types ive seen have this sort of background.

Not all Somali girls are like that though, lol I know tons who arent.

Sambuus

Inactive
The girls with the weirdly strict parents and very sheltered lives are the one who totally snapped and lost it after high school when they got a bit of freedom.

I think forcing things and not allowing kids to have some sort of social lives when theyre very young ruins them, all the worst types ive seen have this sort of background.

Not all Somali girls are like that though, lol I know tons who arent.
Well all the ones I know are like that. At this point is mental illness. They party get drunk and when they get caught they post loads of quranic things. I’m tired of these type of girls always being the most vocal. When I realized this was a problem was when an ajnabi friend of mine asked why somali girls always used to talk bad about those who did not wear hijab at all. They are jealous as f*ck of those with “freedom” and project their insecurities and what was told to them to people.

a y a n

nigga I am not a firefighter
VIP
We need to quit with the pressure, really.
Usually if the daughter had a connection with god of some sort and understands the concept of hijab and not that it’s just a piece of cloth her mother wears, they’ll wear it themselves at 8-14 which is fine. If they have the option for a bit of freedom and understand the rules of Allah instead of just closing them off from knowing anything about the world, they wouldn’t have a need to do dumb stuff the moment they get an ounce of freedom.
We need to fix out culture and society fr

Women that dont wear hijabs are automatically seen as höes to many somalis it is a terrible thing. Then you have these outspoken people who clamor on and on about how the hijab is a choice, it may have been for them but for many others it is absolutely a must.

Reading comprehension is hard for many so I understand
Do you know a thing called ”Not wasting my time” ?

Kulaha Reading comprehension i’m not going to read a long ass text about a topic that is rinsed.

Idk even know why i’m responding to you or why i’m fucking wasting my time on a nacas like you.

Women that dont wear hijabs are automatically seen as höes to many somalis it is a terrible thing. Then you have these outspoken people who clamor on and on about how the hijab is a choice, it may have been for them but for many others it is absolutely a must.

Reading comprehension is hard for many so I understand
Be careful when you say that though, this is strictly a cultural thing. Not Islam at all which is what is typically blamed. This isn't part of Islam in any way.

Sambuus

Inactive
this is no shape or way meant towards the religion of islam and it’s principles.
it’s a perfect religion but we muslims are not.
this is a cultural thing and has actually nothing to do with the religion.
+​

Well all the ones I know are like that. At this point is mental illness. They party get drunk and when they get caught they post loads of quranic things. I’m tired of these type of girls always being the most vocal. When I realized this was a problem was when an ajnabi friend of mine asked why somali girls always used to talk bad about those who did not wear hijab at all. They are jealous as f*ck of those with “freedom” and project their insecurities and what was told to them to people.
Its sad if anything.

Trending

Latest posts