Somali Atheist; what made you leave Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
This whole forum got me wondering if it is even worth the risk of raising kids in the west. So many of the people on this forum are self haters that worship white people and their culture. Many people in this forum have serious problems. I am not a saint but I am not cooked.
Where do you want to raise your family?

VixR

Veritas
circa 7th century - A newly acquired slave meets his new slavemaster

Slave owner:
Hello my boy

Slave: I am older than you though? :what1:

Slave owner: :lolbron:You right, but u still my boi though. So are u Muslim? You should think about being Muslim.

Slave: Will I be automatically freed if I become Muslim? If so, I'll convert on the spot.

Slave owner ::drakekidding: What makes you think that? Look - if I do a sin, say intentionally skip a day of fasting - God said I should free a slave. But I never skip fasting so don't count on it.

Slave: What happens if I just run away?

Slave owner::ufdup: Hey now, don't get any ideas. For one God said all your prayers, even ones made as a Muslim slave, would be denied until you return to your rightful owner - that would be moi. God is cool like that. Amiin.

Slave: I guess I am resigned to this fate.

Slave owner: :denzelnigga: - you are catching on quick. House rule#1 is no stealing. Even if you see a bag of gold unattended - hands to yourself. We cut off the limbs of those who steal another man's property in the Dunya.

Slave: is that so.... Can I be straight with you?

Slave owner: Sure - I'm swell guy, you can be honest.

Slave :damedamn:: Aren't you stealing my life and those of my fellow slaves? Surely our lives are worth more than mere material possessions - and no amount of severed limbs or money will ever be recompense for even 1 life wasted in bondage.

Slave owner: Who's limbs we talking about? :kendrickcry:I mean if you say it like that - :meleshame:hold up hold up - :cosbyhmm:did I tell you about the 2x rewards.

Slave:westbrookwtf:: 2x rewards?

Slave owner :lawd:: 2x redeemable in Heaven for slaves that stick with their Day 1 masters! Trust me those points are going to be so worth it. There will be 7 levels - VIP spaces and everything. Heaven is going to be lit - not like fire fire lit, that's Hell - but lit nonetheless. Ain't nobody do incentive plans like God...

Slave: tbh I don't really care for these imaginary points...

Slave owner :win:: Don't be such a debbie downer - let's be friends here and in Heaven! Who knows I might one day actually free you. I promise you I won't do you like Abdullah did his slave.

Slave :comeon:: What did Abdullah do to his slave?

Slave owner: He freed his slave but forgot he owed a debt. Can't go freeing slaves when you owe a debt around here. Especially when that's your only asset. Basically the manumission was undone and the unfortunate slave was sold to settle the debt. Really complicated stuff, the Prophet himself had to get involved. But you have nothing to fear my boy, I have an excellent financial portfolio and no debts to speak of. :friendhug:

Slave: I'm still going make a run for it...:kanyeshrug:

Slave owner :jcoleno:: And I thought we were making progress...

Fin.
You should post more.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
1480727819306.jpg

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
It's quite a difficult question it wasn't one thing which made me leave rather it was a multitude of factors with the Theory of Evolution being the nail in the coffin.

Evolution is not contradictory of Islam, Islam has no problems with evolution, Muslims just believe God created the process of evolution. Islam does not teach you to ignore facts like evolution that you can see with your own eyes.

Evolution is not contradictory of Islam, Islam has no problems with evolution, Muslims just believe God created the process of evolution. Islam does not teach you to ignore facts like evolution that you can see with your own eyes.

Ofcourse it is contradictory to Islam, when the starting point of human beings is a man made out of clay in Islam, you can't pick and choose what suits your beliefs and leave the rest out its called confirmation bias.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
This whole forum got me wondering if it is even worth the risk of raising kids in the west. So many of the people on this forum are self haters that worship white people and their culture. Many people in this forum have serious problems. I am not a saint but I am not cooked.

We're self haters because we don't believe in fantasies?! :williamswtf:

When it becomes impossible to defend the indefensible, you're very intellect and personally is attacked.
:tocry:

Every single one of these specious arguments have been soundly refuted by decent, knowledgeable Muslim scholars.

In reality, these Somali Atheists had no logical reason to leave Islam. But then again, it's their personal choice and it makes no sense to try and dictate the beliefs/actions of private individuals. Non-Believers have existed in Muslim communities since the beginning of time, the Quran even mentions them. I can pray that God will guide them back to the right path, but beyond that it's the Atheist's responsibility and it's up to them to seek guidance.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Every single one of these specious arguments have been soundly refuted by decent, knowledgeable Muslim scholars.

In reality, these Somali Atheists had no logical reason to leave Islam. But then again, it's their personal choice and it makes no sense to try and dictate the beliefs/actions of private individuals. Non-Believers have existed in Muslim communities since the beginning of time, the Quran even mentions them. I can pray that God will guide them back to the right path, but beyond that it's the Atheist's responsibility and it's up to them to seek guidance.

No need for any supernatural deity to play with my mind to get me to the 'right' path, all I demand is sound objective evidence for the prophet flying to heaven on a winged horse, Moses splitting the sea, Moe splitting the moon, Solomon talking to animals and insects and so on and so fort. Just claiming they were refuted doesn't cut it. They're myths and fables and nothing more.

In reality, these Somali Atheists had no logical reason to leave Islam.

I don't know what reality you live in that gives you the notion that myths and fables can be passed for reality, but in the real world evidence is the master of all. You're blind faith that was drilled into you from birth is what presents biased viewpoint that anyone who against your indoctrinated 'reality' must be "illogical". If you have no evidence but still believe, you hold blind faith. Faith is blind, reason is not.

I'm ready for your deciphering of all the points through these "knowledgeable Muslim scholars" you talk about. I made my points, so I dare you to put your money where your mouth is and back your claim of refutation.

Yes, I mean theory.

A theory in Science is 'a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena <the wave theory of light>' (Merriam-Webster)

You've insidiously used the definition which is used in the colloquial context and not the scientific one.

I assume you believe bacteria and other microbes to be pathogenic agents. Well guess what, it's called Germ Theory.
I couldn't careless in what you believe in really. :lol:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
If you were born in India you'd most likely be a Hindu. If you were born in China you'd be a Buddhist. If you were born in Alabama you'd be a Christian gun nut. If you were born in the Brazilian rainforest you'd be worshipping their weird deities. And every one of those groups claim to have the devine truth about God and religion.

You were born in Somalia hence you are a Sunni Muslim and you think your religion is the one true one but the thousands of religions out there are all false. Lol.
I don't think my religion is the true one, I know.

There is a difference.

No offence to you, but I find the thought of atheism depressing, empty and just utterly devoid of any comfort. Again I don't wish to offend your atheism.
This is very reasonable. I would rather God existed (perhaps in the sense of deism with afterlife). I think the overwhelming majority of humans would rather there be an afterlife. Unfortunately I don't think that's the case. I always found the following quote from Nietzsche very illuminating:

“Every true faith is infallible. It performs what the believing person hopes to find in it. But it does not offer the least support for the establishing of an objective truth. Here the ways of men divide. If you want to achieve peace of mind and happiness, have faith. If you want to be a disciple of truth, then search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending