Slavery, Morality, and Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owning and selling slaves is not part of my culture, and if it was, then I would be very ashamed. :chrisfreshhah:

"My Great Grandfather had like 30 slaves and his kids got them as inheritance"
Why ashamed? It is what it is. I cant change. I see nothing wrong with it. The prophet had slaves. Islam allows it. I dont see an issue.

Slavery didn’t just happen to blacks but it is mainly associated with blacks because the two largest slave trades (Trans Atlantic and Trans Saharan) involved blacks. When people say words like ‘abeed’, they are referring to blacks.
It ia not inclusive to them only. They should either recognize all slaves or shut that victim card down.

Only ISIS and Al Shabab believe slavery is halal today. Islam limited the ways you could enslave someone and encouraged their emancipation to the point where slavery was able to be abolished, this was to prevent societal collapse as freeing all slaves immediately was not tenable. It’s haram to enslave someone today.

Didn’t you say that you’re in your early 20s? Its impossible for your grandfather to have owned slaves since it was outlawed in the 1920s by the Italians, which was 100 years ago. If you’re gonna lie, at least make it more believable.:mjlol:
Awooegey Labada. Lakiin you understand

Only ISIS and Al Shabab believe slavery is halal today. Islam limited the ways you could enslave someone and encouraged their emancipation to the point where slavery was able to be abolished, this was to prevent societal collapse as freeing all slaves immediately was not tenable. It’s haram to enslave someone today.

Didn’t you say that you’re in your early 20s? Its impossible for your grandfather to have owned slaves since it was outlawed in the 1920s by the Italians, which was 100 years ago. If you’re gonna lie, at least make it more believable.:mjlol:
Again your reasoning for saying slavery is haram is invalid and stupid. You are not forced to free slaves.

World

VIP
Awooegey Labada. Lakiin you understand
A generation is 25 years(at most).

I’m guessing you were born around 1995, so your grandfather was born in 1945. You said that your grandfather inherited your great grandfathers slaves.

My Great Grandfather had like 30 slaves and his kids got them as inheritance.

But how could your grandfather have inherited your great grandfathers slaves when the Italians outlawed slavery before his father was even born? :drakelaugh:

A generation is 25 years(at most).

I’m guessing you were born around 1995, so your grandfather was born in 1945. You said that your grandfather inherited your great grandfathers slaves.

But how could your grandfather have inherited your great grandfathers slaves when the Italians outlawed slavery before his father was even born? :drakelaugh:
Again awoogey 2 inherited slaves from his father meaning my great great grandfather. I wasnt thinking right. Waad saxsantahy

Adeer. Ama ka muuqa ama ka maqnow.
Either depict history as it or stow the whole thing.
That is BS trying to hide history. Nothibg wrong with slavery in Our Religion. Why hide it
War captives which were the slaves permissible in Islam arent the same as the slaves taken all over by many Muslims (including Somalis) in the past because they didnt want to give dawah and instead enslave people to make a profit. In fact there was a shortage of slaves so people chose not give to dawah so that they could continue to enslave people in the past. That's particularly heinous.

There is no good deed in enslaving in Islam. It was just allowable under certain circumstances for people who fought the Muslims. Also most Somalis were not involved in enslaving people.

For the people who brag about slavery one of duas the Prophet pbuh made was against being overpowered. Say alhamdulilah that Somalis weren't enslaved and we didn't come across cadow naga xoog badan instead of bragging about enslaving others.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
You said:

“pan africism is a hoax created by bantus to promote and attract the return of former slaves to africa in order to punish the semetic and cushtic tribes that had any thing to do with their past fate of being enslaved.”

You’re talking about African Americans here and saying that Semitic and Cushitic people were responsible for their past fate of being enslaved. Which is a 100 % lie, imagine having nothing culturally to be proud of so you lie about enslaving people.

Now you’re talking about Bantus in Somalia? WTF. Keep your story straight dude.
your telling me that the former slaves in america werent bantu? im confused. than what are they faketu.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Nacasyahow. Warsangali live all over east africa. Anaga kuma koobnin like you sool.
My family lived in Isiolo Adan Kismaayo.
Slavery is not Haram. It was allowed and it is still allowed. Do you want proof.
brother slaver is haram lol. it was only allowed after capturing invaders or opprossers as a way too punish them because back in the day there was no such thing as prison. so think about it would you rather do life in prison or do some chores for a family for a time period but you get most of the rights the kids of the slave owner gets. for exampe you eat with the family you get a roof over your head and you can demand your release

brother slaver is haram lol. it was only allowed after capturing invaders or opprossers as a way too punish them because back in the day there was no such thing as prison. so think about it would you rather do life in prison or do some chores for a family for a time period but you get most of the rights the kids of the slave owner gets. for exampe you eat with the family you get a roof over your head and you can demand your release
Is it better to have muslim slaves or disbelivers roaming the land

Somalis owned and sold slaves. Dont be ashamed of your culture. My Great Grandfather had like 30 slaves and his kids got them as inheritance. Dont try to paint us like we arent. You are just like the folks on twitter that say somalis were also slaves to get approval.
Dude are you seriously proud of that? That's disgusting.

None of my ancestors owned slaves, and i'm sure of it thank god.

7vx_Lfyp_1.png

Not ashamed :rejoice:

Last edited:

It doesn't matter if im proud of it or not. It happened and i wont deny that it happened.
They want us to denounce our history. I feel history had go and bad times
My point dont distort history.

It doesn't matter if im proud of it or not. It happened and i wont deny that it happened.
They want us to denounce our history. I feel history had go and bad times
My point dont distort history.
You said don't be ashamed of your "culture", referring to slavery. You SHOULD be ashamed of the fact that your grandfather apparently owned 20 slaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending