Simple joys in life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
radiators are mostly found here in apartments and condominiums

everything else has central heating and air-conditioning and they're consolidated into one system. one control panel on the thermostat.

VixR

Veritas
These things. It's meant to heat rooms, but you can put clothes on top of them

stock-photo-closeup-of-a-heating-radiator-326125484.jpg
It's looks some of those heaters you buy from the store, but naked and attached to a wall. Isn't that dangerous, kids?
Aren't you a Scandi? You mean you have state of the art prisons, but it's a pass on central heating :hmm:

th4110b1009_lores.jpg
pippin_vent_0.jpg

Wow, TIL Americans don't have radiators... What the f*ck :williamswtf: Everywhere I've ever been had them IIRC. Except Dubai I think? But they don't need it for obvious reasons. I'm in disbelief.
lupe1.png

@VixR @Tramo @Sovereign-Reiko Can one y'all sponsor me to the land of the free :wow:
We lived in a townhome and then a SFM. I haven't seen them b4, but it could be a geographical or regulatory thing. Even apartments I've seen didn't have em tbh. America isn't perfect. I'm sure Canada beats it on several metrics.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
@VixR it's not really that dangerous for kids because the bars around the coils don't heat up enough for you to burn yourself and you can't actually put your hand deep enough to touch the source.

it's just a shitty way to heat a place up and you need them all along your house to emulate what central heating can do for you.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
@VixR
I thought radiators = central heating but I guess it's just a form of central heating? We've got similar control options, except it doesn't cool. You pretty much set the temp and that's it. And as @Lmao said, they're not really dangerous. Worst thing I've heard of personally is my housemate getting drunk and falling asleep with his leg on the radiator and burn himself while it was heating up.

It's looks some of those heaters you buy from the store, but naked and attached to a wall. Isn't that dangerous, kids?
Aren't you a Scandi? You mean you have state of the art prisons, but it's a pass on central heating :hmm:

th4110b1009_lores.jpg
pippin_vent_0.jpg

We lived in a townhome and then a SFM. I haven't seen them b4, but it could be a geographical or regulatory thing. Even apartments I've seen didn't have em tbh. America isn't perfect. I'm sure Canada beats it on several metrics.
I had central cooling in Dubai but over here it's all radiators. Every room has one and they seem to get the job done. The only hazard I've heard of is them going off or exploding in house fire. Especially the older models that use gas

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Y'all cracking weather jokes from Minnesota :comeon:

Atleast Minnesota is consistently cold as shit.

Here a 5° day is followed up by a 65° day only for it to snow heavily for the rest of the week.

It's beautiful out today, 60° (~15° for non Americans) but you just know we in for some hellish weather soon enough

:bell:

@VixR it's not really that dangerous for kids because the bars around the coils don't heat up enough for you to burn yourself and you can't actually put your hand deep enough to touch the source.

it's just a shitty way to heat a place up and you need them all along your house to emulate what central heating can do for you.
I don't think those 100 year old homes even have vents. Using radiators is likely the only option for them.

The first cup of coffee in the morning
Going for walks to get inspired
Sunsets
Travel
Reconnecting with myself on the weekend
Reading trashy fantasy novels

More..

Seeing Amaal Nuux in a baati

Laughing until your stomach hurts and tears stream down your face

Crushing your enemies. Seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentations of their women.

Seeing big numbers in your bank statement

Waking up in a warm bed that's oh so comfortable, and realizing you have nothing to do so you go back in for another hour or just lounge for awhile in peak comfort

Getting a good grade that you worked hard for

Donald Trump getting visibly and embarrassingly impeached

Somalia becoming a first world haven with all the best aspects of our gorgeous culture

N

NaomiHoney

When you detox for 2 days straight and have the best bowel movement ever in the morning - Toxic free!

Feeling overly stressed and realise you have this all under control because Allah swt knows best

Making Hoyoo macaan laugh

Home alone and enjoying the mid-morning sun gracing the inside of the house.

Watering my bedroom plants

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
waking up to a ray of sunlight breaking through your curtains

When you take that righteous first shit of the day

stepping into a hot shower

When your Project Manager calls in sick so you work from home too

When your train comes right on time

shuffling your playlist and it plays a tune you were hoping for

When there's free food being served

Status