Should a 3/4 Somali person identify as mixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
He obviously acknowledges that he's mixed, he just identifies as Somali because the of the other 75% of his DNA. Not to mention he speaks the language and knows the culture. He's Somali with a Malagasy grandparent.
Okay, I mean I just don't understand this whole "identify" thing, you are what you are at the end of the day. Better that you acknowledge your full self.

I have mixed family members, some of them are little kids rn, and I would hope they grow up to acknowledge both sides of their heritage, not just one, just saying. Likewise if I were to have mixed kids.
I tried my best to decipher it, maxaawaaye 'facts on the ground' la xawla..
:what1::what1::what1:
:mjkkk::mjlol: You too, you're reer umbrella I see?

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Okay, I mean I just don't understand this whole "identify" thing, you are what you are at the end of the day. Better that you acknowledge your full self.

I have mixed family members, some of them are little kids rn, and I would hope they grow up to acknowledge both sides of their heritage, not just one, just saying. Likewise if I were to have mixed kids.
:mjkkk::mjlol: You too, you're reer umbrella I see?
reer brolly u mean :mjkkk:

VixR

Veritas
full
full
full

Estoy tratando de entender pero no entiendo.

:icon lol:

Btw you triggered some guilt for taking Advanced Spanish but still need GoogleTranslate for this:snoop:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
So I was speaking with this Somali girl I know from uni earlier who said that I shouldn't call myself Somali because I'm a quarter Malagasy (my grandma is from there). :kodaksmiley: She was like "you should rep your Malagasy side, being mixed race is cool".

Somali girls iyo mixed race maxaa kala heesta

:lolbron:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
So I was speaking with this Somali girl I know from uni earlier who said that I shouldn't call myself Somali because I'm a quarter Malagasy (my grandma is from there). :kodaksmiley: She was like "you should rep your Malagasy side, being mixed race is cool". Only problem is, I really don't know much about Madagascar except for a bit of the language/culture/food and being more Somali, obviously I would identify more with that. Even my mom being half identifies more with her Somali side since she grew up in Djibouti and not Madagascar. I only bring up being mixed if the topic comes up (like it did earlier) or if someone asks why I don't look very Somali. I know tons of people who have a grandparent from Yemen and I don't see them claiming Arab :francis:

So yea, what do ya think? Is a 3/4 Somali essentially = ajanabi to you?
No thats total horse shit. You are as somali as me just cause you have a lil mix in you doesn't make you less of a somali then me. Whoever said that you is a total idiot:bell:

Status
Not open for further replies.