Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed statement on Sheegow situation

I’ve seen videos of celebrations in Xamar, like xaflads so I’m sure it’s not that. Anyone can book a hotel.

There however was attempts to have street celebrations for SSC.

Is it because of AS threats, or are they afraid that it may cause disruption, or just a complete ban on all types of public manifestations for whatever reason to avoid gatherings?

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Is it because of AS threats, or are they afraid that it may cause disruption, or just a complete ban on all types of public gatherings/manifestations for whatever reasons?
Disruptions for sure, also Isaaq live in Xamar what’s to stop clashes? Especially if SSC celebrations seek out Isaaq neighbourhoods

Disruptions for sure, also Isaaq live in Xamar what’s to stop clashes? Especially if SSC celebrations seek out Isaaq neighbourhoods

That's understandable, but it would be great if they directed people to limit themselves to a certain xaafad/degmo where the risk of 'face-off' is small. Hopefully, they improve the way the local administration/police handle gatherings in an orderly manner.

World

VIP
Is it because of AS threats, or are they afraid that it may cause disruption, or just a complete ban on all types of public manifestations for whatever reason to avoid gatherings?
Because FGS views Somaliland’s loss as their own loss, so why would they allow celebrations? The FGS tried to get a Twitter user banned for reporting about Garxajis in Somaliland, let alone Harti.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
That's understandable, but it would be great if they directed people to a limit themselves certain xaafads/degmo where the risk of 'face-off' is small. Hopefully, they improve the way the local administration/police handle gatherings in an orderly manner.
I genuinely think there’s big name politicians tryna fund any clashes in Xamar through protests so we have to stay vigilant

Because FGS views Somaliland’s loss as their own loss, so why would they allow celebrations? The FGS tried to get a Twitter user banned for reporting about Garxajis in Somaliland, let alone Harti.

Given the mixed responses from the gov't towards SSC and the way they've mostly refrained from directly speaking out against SL, I don't put anything past them.

I genuinely think there’s big name politicians tryna fund any clashes in Xamar through protests so we have to stay vigilant

Interesting, it could also be that some influential politicians close to HSM want to avoid making it seem like he directly support the recent events.

Sheegow and Sh Sharif brothers in blood

There's a petition for the release of Sheegow. They're now seeking international traction :mjkkk:

https://www.change.org/p/urgent-app...w-ahmed-ali-from-illegal-detention-in-somalia

The Somali Bantu nationwide are the largest of the minority groups and may make up to 40 percent of the national population
Persecution of the Somali Bantu is similar to that of the Yazidis in the Middle East and the Uyghurs in China.
U.S military support to Somalia gives majority-clan led government the power to harm and oppress the Somali Bantus
@bidenkulaha You recognize the last quote? :mjlaugh:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I do find funny the idea America cares about minority rights. They’d quite like a HAG take over as long as we’re allied with them always. Hawiye and america are heshiis, should’ve got to this point a lot earlier though

They were indirectly trying to pinpoint the blame for most of Bantu oppression in Somalia on Hawiye in the petition, without explicitly mentioning the clan.

The US being in cahoot with HAG is no secret tho. The rest of us Somalis call it the deep state. :hemad: