SFG expels ATMIS Head and orders AU to withdraw all the 851 ATMIS/AMISOM Police in Somalia this month, and the army completely by next year.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I don't understand what the plan is here. SNA is not yet ready to replace Amisom at the job of holding territory. It is hard to imagine that the SNA will be able to hold Lower Shabelle on its own by next year.

It seems Culusow wants to put the Security Council's feet to the fire later this year and have them lift the weapons embargo. That can explain rushing the already rushed Amisom withdrawal. If this is the case, Culusow has much more confidence in the SNA than I do.

This is a huge gamble, and the chance that it succeeds is imo below 50%. Very risky.
It’s defo a gamble. Also there’s a funding conference soon for SNA post ATMIS withdrawal. Probably wants this promised earlier

World

VIP
Inshallah it goes well. I respect HSM for this decision. Atmis will be leaving soon and having their funding cut, if we can’t fight Al Shabab on our own at this point then f*ck it, we lose the country. This is a do or die moment now. Good luck to my hu2s and southern somalians.

Great News.
1695028142963.png

cow

VIP
Inshallah all will be gone soon. And the xalane mafia go with them.

Sink or swim for alot of paper maamuls.

bidenkulaha

GalYare

Looks like they want the UN out. This is probably a shakedown to force them to support the FGS’s agenda. HSM I remember in the UN Security Council particularly was angry with the new UNSOM rep.

Also will weaken SWS and JL and make them more dependent on FGS for security.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Inshallah it goes well. I respect HSM for this decision. Atmis will be leaving soon and having their funding cut, if we can’t fight Al Shabab on our own at this point then f*ck it, we lose the country. This is a do or die moment now. Good luck to my hu2s and southern somalians.

I don’t think that the risks of a full & speedy Amisom withdrawal have been explained to the people. Culusow should level with the people on his gamble.

This strategy raises the likelihood of an outcome similar to that in Afghanistan. Why people have faith in the SNA’s ability to replace Amisom, I will never know. The SNA is not ready, this is a fact. The only explanation is that Culusow thinks the Macawiisley/clans will rise to the occasion. If Abgaal are struggling, D&M are unlikely to succeed. Baydhabo, with a population close to 1 million now, may fall to Alshabab.

Huge gamble, massive. I give it a 33% chance.

cow

VIP
I don’t think that the risks of a full & speedy Amisom withdrawal have been explained to the people. Culusow should level with the people on his gamble.

This strategy raises the likelihood of an outcome similar to that in Afghanistan. Why people have faith in the SNA’s ability to replace Amisom, I will never know. The SNA is not ready, this is a fact. The only explanation is that Culusow thinks the Macawiisley/clans will rise to the occasion. If Abgaal are struggling, D&M are unlikely to succeed. Baydhabo, with a population close to 1 million now, may fall to Alshabab.

Huge gamble, massive. I give it a 33% chance.

15 years of AMISOM has to end. Sink or swim if you are too weak to hold of al shabaab then you don't deserve to rule anyway.

Hopefully with AMISOM gone so will xalane mafia and donor money.

No more outside influences.

I don't understand what the plan is here. SNA is not yet ready to replace Amisom at the job of holding territory. It is hard to imagine that the SNA will be able to hold Lower Shabelle on its own by next year.

It seems Culusow wants to put the Security Council's feet to the fire later this year and have them lift the weapons embargo. That can explain rushing the already rushed Amisom withdrawal. If this is the case, Culusow has much more confidence in the SNA than I do.

This is a huge gamble, and the chance that it succeeds is imo below 50%. Very risky.