• Yes

• No

• Only Sedation

Results are only viewable after voting.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Do you guys think it's moral or alright to do pain treatment on terminally ill people and let them pass on? Or even in some cases humanely euthanizing them?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
If someone is in serious critical condition with intense physical pain and can't be medically relieved then why should we stop them if they agree to do so?

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
If someone is in serious critical condition with intense physical pain and can't be medically relieved then why should we stop them if they agree to do so?
The counter argument is how does someone who is incapacitated or near death manage to truly express consent to euthanasia?

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Youth in Asia be like
Coronavirus_discrimination_-5e305db7aa40260001a317af_1_Jan_28_2020_17_47_07_poster.jpg

I am all for euthanasia. People are committing suicide left and right, at least let them pass away in a non-painful way.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I am all for euthanasia. People are committing suicide left and right, at least let them pass away in a non-painful way.
Would the person have to consent is the family enough in your opinion? Like someone who is stuck comatose

VixR

Veritas
Committing suicide is different. I think most, otherwise healthy people, if they waited, wouldn’t have taken the plunge into suicide. They had a strong moment of psychic pain and despair that could’ve passed.

I think medical/assisted suicide or euthanasia is way different. I’m for that, with the right precautions.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
The counter argument is how does someone who is incapacitated or near death manage to truly express consent to euthanasia?
If things are looking hopeless and someone's literally moaning in pain then pulling the plug is understandable.

Would the person have to consent is the family enough in your opinion? Like someone who is stuck comatose

In general, I don't think families consent is necessary because they might base their decisions on selfishness - they don't want to deal or be the reason as to why their loved ones died.

Lmao
Euthanasia is suicide and the person carrying out the favor is committing murder. Both involved have committed haraam acts

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
In general, I don't think families consent is necessary because they might base their decisions on selfishness - they don't want to deal or be the reason as to why their loved ones died.
So the doctor can decide?

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Assisted suicide and euthanasia are haram I believe
They are haram but I mean we can't argue on religious grounds since some people wouldn't accept that position as legit. So I'm making the secular/moral argument against euthanasia

VixR

Veritas
If the definition of murder is administering sedative medication at request, then I’ve committed it. She was having painful breathing (sometimes called the death rattle), and I used to do meds at a facility as a med tech. The family kept asking for more, and the dx orders was open-ended. Did I feel like I killed her? Yes. But I wasn’t in control. After the fact, I couldn’t imagine what it would’ve been like to leave her to her devices, and that’s what helped me get over myself.

A lot of times at end of life, when elderly people are dropping like flies in the winter season, it takes one cold or bad fall to put them at the brink of death. They’re given sedatives/pain meds and tend to pass.

Committing suicide is different. I think most, otherwise healthy people, if they waited, wouldn’t have taken the plunge into suicide. They had a strong moment of psychic pain and despair that could’ve passed.

I think medical/assisted suicide or euthanasia is way different. I’m for that, with the right precautions.

Some mental illnesses have severe depression as a symptom. The feeling of wanting to kill yourself eat at their brains all the time. I read this book, it was a romcom, and it was about this character who was bipolar. He constantly thought of death and nothing could change that. The book ended with him killing himself. The point I am making is that some people no matter what will always have this urgent need to kill themselves. I think there should be an option for such people to make the decision to give up.

So the doctor can decide?

If the person is conscious then they should decide for themself. If the person is unconscious then yes, the doctor should decide since he/she probably in-depth understand the condition the person is in the best.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
If the person is conscious then they should decide for themself. If the person is unconscious then yes, the doctor should decide since he/she probably in-depth understand the condition the person is in the best.
A doctor can make a choice on if you die or not?

Lmao
If the definition of murder is administering sedative medication at request, then I’ve committed it. She was having painful breathing (sometimes called the death rattle), and I used to do meds at a facility as a med tech. The family kept asking for more, and the dx orders was open-ended. Did I feel like I killed her? Yes. But I wasn’t in control. After the fact, I couldn’t imagine what it would’ve been like to leave her to her devices, and that’s what helped me get over myself.

A lot of times at end of life, when elderly people are dropping like flies in the winter season, it takes one cold or bad fall to put them at the brink of death. They’re given sedatives/pain meds and tend to pass.
If you know it was going to kill her than yes, you murdered her sis