• Yes

• No

• Only Sedation

Results are only viewable after voting.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Yes! why not? the doctor probably understand what you are going thru also it would be a more of an objective judgement than if the family would decide
Your giving doctors the ability to decide if you die or not literally. That's a dangerous power. Especially with all these new genetic editing that's about to emerge in the next 20-30 years that's not something I want to play with. Euthanasia may just be a cheap way to process out the elderly

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
I think it depends on the extent and extremity of their pain. I once watched a video of a man that had uncurable/untreatable condition that constantly put him in unbearable agony. He wanted to die peacefully with his family around him because the pain was too unbearable. Unfortunately, the law was that you couldn't legally commit suicide, so he ended up taking his own life all alone in a hotel.
So I don't think it's moral for anyone to be in control of someone's life, but the person should be allowed to make that decision for themselves. And if they can't, they should not be given up on and should still continue to receive care until they die.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
This is the few topics that have compelling arguments for either side.

Pro medical suicide arguments:

if this person really wants to die, they can just jump off a bridge, shoot themselves, or cut their wrists. They aren't going to care if it's illegal when they're dead, but it's a huge mess and the person doesn't get to die peacefully.
Secondly, under current law you can just go to a different country or state and get this life ending medication, why not skip the bullshit?
Lastly, the person is seriously suffering, their family is suffering, and you're purposely making their life much harder. Why would you deny someone something that they should have control over?

Against medical suicide are:
Countless people make suicide attempts and live to regret them later in life, wouldn't medical suicide make it easier to commit such lethal mistakes?

If the suffering is what matters, and not the consent, should we be permitted to put people out of their misery without consent?
If the consent is what matters, why not let anyone avail themselves of medical suicide? Why do you need to be ill or suffering?

So yeah I'm sitting on the fence with this one

Your giving doctors the ability to decide if you die or not literally. That's a dangerous power. Especially with all these new genetic editing that's about to emerge in the next 20-30 years that's not something I want to play with. Euthanasia may just be a cheap way to process out the elderly

Am I suppose to give that power to my family who more than likely would make a decision based on selfish reasons? Between family and qualified doctor, I would go with the latter.

This is the few topics that have compelling arguments for either side.

Pro medical suicide arguments:

if this person really wants to die, they can just jump off a bridge, shoot themselves, or cut their wrists. They aren't going to care if it's illegal when they're dead, but it's a huge mess and the person doesn't get to die peacefully.
Secondly, under current law you can just go to a different country or state and get this life ending medication, why not skip the bullshit?
Lastly, the person is seriously suffering, their family is suffering, and you're purposely making their life much harder. Why would you deny someone something that they should have control over?

Against medical suicide are:
Countless people make suicide attempts and live to regret them later in life, wouldn't medical suicide make it easier to commit such lethal mistakes?

If the suffering is what matters, and not the consent, should we be permitted to put people out of their misery without consent?
If the consent is what matters, why not let anyone avail themselves of medical suicide? Why do you need to be ill or suffering?

So yeah I'm sitting on the fence with this one

The regret argument can be made by both sides. No one can foresee the future. If I kill myself I would not have the chance to later regret it and if I waited for the day that I'll feel better then I would have just spent a whole lifetime in agony and misery in wait for a day that never came.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
The regret argument can be made by both sides. No one can foresee the future. If I kill myself I would not have the chance to later regret it and if I waited for the day that I'll feel better then I would have just spent a whole lifetime in agony and misery in wait for a day that never came.
But a large number of individuals gain strength and a desire to keep on living after facing their first encounter with death,

Here's a quote from a survivor named Ken Baldwin "I realized then that all of the problems in my life that I thought were unsolvable were in fact solvable—except for having just jumped"

Almost everyone who jumped from the GoldenGate Bridge relate to that

But a large number of individuals gain strength and a desire to keep on living after facing their first encounter with death,

Here's a quote from a survivor named Ken Baldwin "I realized then that all of the problems in my life that I thought were unsolvable were in fact solvable—except for having just jumped"

Almost everyone who jumped from the GoldenGate Bridge relate to that

If he would've died he wouldn't have regretted it because he would've been dead. Him getting better was by chance and not, according to our very limited knowledge of the future, definite. The risk of him not feeling better still exist as does the risk of him falling back to those dark times.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
If he would've died he wouldn't have regretted it because he would've been dead. Him getting better was by chance and not, according to our very limited knowledge of the future, definite. The risk of him not feeling better still exist as does the risk of him falling back to those dark times.
I agree it's not a definite solution and some will still relapse in sorrow but that adrenaline kicking in and realizing how petty your situation is when your that close to dying is a massive moral booster.

Shit maybe sky diving cures depression