Richard Pankhurst deliberately omits Somalis and Hawiye in his translation of Futuh Al Habesha

Not the same, they're saying it's his city cuz he's the ruler of it at this point, right?
Za'ka was where imam home was located at
View attachment 318328

Imam home was located in za'ka day journal from the town of sultan (talking about harar) see? Harar was his city cuz he ruled it, not his home town like za'ka.
View attachment 318330
I don’t see the debunk here if Za’ka functioned as the Imam’s base as I supposed then he would obviously have a house there.
Even the man you were praising pointed out your revisionism lol, @Step a side
I didn’t have a problem with the theory, I just had a problem with the source. I think both your 5eory and @Step a side are intriguing and very much plausible.

I don’t see the debunk here if Za’ka functioned as the Imam’s base as I supposed then he would obviously have a house there.
See, harar was called sultan abu bakr town cuz he controlled it so did imam ahmed (why harar was mentioned as his city).
But in the context of za'ka it didn't act as his base, rather it was where he lived prior to any attempts of conquest etc... gaturi.

The inclusion of Hobat' Gureys most well known brother regularly referred to is muhamad ibn ibrahim and he replaced the imam but shortly died after. The letter from wasan seged is quoted by arab faqih that mentions Garad Abun as a brother but there was only 1 abun that was routed and killed. Sultan Abu Bakr of Walashma had links with Lebna Dengel on a client basis and that was the base of the conflict with Garad Abun, which is why Lebna's son Fanuel kept attacking Hararge while the Imam was still a Knight before rising up to Imam like his uncle Mahfuz. Mekuria in the chapter discussing Garad Ibrahim Al Ghazi refers to Awrai Abun as Gureys guardian meaning an older relative under the Awrai's care following the death of his father. Hence when you look at Shamis diagram youll see the Abun line continued as rulers after Muhamad bin Ibrahims death but took precedence before the Imams own sons.

1709398887237.png

All the rulers of Hobat shared the same dynastical names

1709398912124.png

1709398929380.png

Awrai Abun bin Adas raised Gurey like his own son after Garad Ibrahim Al Ghazi was killed for avenging Mahfuz who was Abun's nephew. Before Imam Ahmed took power, the last of his uncles Garad Umardin, whom the Karanle call Reer Garaad Caamir, fought on Abun's behalf before the Imam took over.

1709398959805.png

Garaad Aamir was one of the uncles of Ahmed Gurey who had a brief death before the Imam took power. By the time of his rule he was the most prominent figure in his Bah.

1709399033248.png

Karanle in 2001 confirming the story that Garad Aamir was killed in Harar

Trending

Latest posts