Revert says that his SOMALI wife is not allowed to attend Somali Weddings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
Because right now Somalis are competing against each other in very primitive ways while the rest of the world competes on a world scale. I don't want violence. The vast majority/most nations have gone through some event that caused their unification, be it a dictatorship, occupation etc.
Even if that were truly the only way, you'd have to find an alternate route. There's no way Ethiopia or Kenya could be faced up to today. Time didn't stop to wait for Somalia. A lot has changed since the fall.

Bantus will never be the uniting enemy for Somalis. I don't see that at all, no matter how discriminatory some of us are. Plenty of Kenyan and Ethiopian Somalis are nestled comfortably into the territories of those countries or want a solitary independence. Time didn't stop. There is no enemy on footing with us, and even if the Bantus were to be targeted, it's not like some samaritan would airlift them to Mozambique for your peace of mind. And even if that were to happen, the aftermath of this vs. a greater villain tactic could prove to regress to infighting. These issues have to be addressed head on, not masqued with some super villain, bc afterall that does nothing to keep the cuqdad that was brushed under the rug from resurfacing once the immediate threat is averted.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Even if that were truly the only way, you'd have to find an alternate route. There's no way Ethiopia or Kenya could be faced up to today. Time didn't stop to wait for Somalia. A lot has changed since the fall.

Bantus will never be the uniting enemy for Somalis. I don't see that at all, no matter how discriminatory some of us are. Plenty of Kenyan and Ethiopian Somalis are nestled comfortably into the territories of those countries or want a solitary independence. Time didn't stop. There is no enemy on footing with us, and even if the Bantus were to be targeted, it's not like some samaritan would airlift them to Mozambique for your peace of mind. And even if that were to happen, the aftermath of this vs. a greater villain tactic could prove to regress to infighting. These issues have to be addressed head on, not masqued with some super villain, bc afterall that does nothing to keep the cuqdad that was brushed under the rug from resurfacing once the immediate threat is averted.

You misunderstand. I'm not making 'Bantus' the villain, of all my bad qualities one thing I'm definitely not is a racist. :siilaanyosmile:Nor am I suggesting going to war with them. The last thing Somalia needs is more conflict.
Somalis need to unite while there is a 'Somalia'. You could argue that the annexation of Somalia is conspiracy talk and would never happen in a million years. I definitely disagree with that but that's besides the point. What isn't a secret is that our neighbours are meddling in Somali affairs and are taking advantage of our disenfranchised state. Which makes complete sense. They're not evil. They're doing what every other country in the world does, look out for their own interest which clashes with Somalia's interest at times. Look at Kenya for instance. They're attempting to re-draw the maritime borders for asinine reasons. If Somalia actually a genuine government, it would've never even reached the Hague. Somalia is weak and Kenya is taking advantage while it still can.
Perhaps if the people were aware of what's going on they would act right but I cannot blame them, the literacy rate in Somalia is 40%~ so I don't expect them to be able to make informed decisions. What is unsurprisingly effective against an uneducated populace is propaganda. Instead of Hawiye, Isaaq and Daarod let's change it to Somali, Ethiopian and Kenyan and instill some nationalism. An us versus them scenario is much more preferable than a me vs him scenario.

Ironically, I believe nationalism is a cancer that holds humans as a collective back but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. To quote Al: "Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. I am by heritage a Jew, by citizenship a Swiss, and by makeup a human being, and only a human being, without any special attachment to any state or national entity whatsoever."
It's an excellent tool transform nations however. Look at Germany, it consisted of nation-states not that long ago. Two world wars and they've recovered. They never would've reached where they are today if they didn't believe in German nationalism. I'm not saying it was strictly down to nationalism but it definitely played big role in their recovery. Somali nationalism is no more fake than German nationalism. The only difference is they faked it until they made it. Now being German actually means something.

We need a boogeyman to unify us because clearly a shared language, culture, heritage and religion is not enough. But as I said before most, if not all nations have been forged through occupation or authoritarian rule until it progressed into something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts