Random question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
this is probably your opinion but islamically you can marry first cousins. And since they're eligible for you to marry, you can't touch them as well.

yh, it's definitely just my opinion , I know islamically you can marry your first cousin but...ew

I distant relatives who have :tacky: that's why I avoid hugging that lot

In the US, we usually give a hug when greeting anyone from the opposite sex unless they are too young or too old. I always greet my peers from the opposite sex and hooyos with a hug. Europe is filled with bunch of salafi Somalis.
Hugs
:banderas:
Still remember my first greeting hug by this Cadaan girl with watermelons the size of the full moon.
:damedamn:

yh, it's definitely just my opinion , I know islamically you can marry your first cousin but...ew

I distant relatives who have :tacky: that's why I avoid hugging that lot
I have a fat cousin, a half barwani cousin, and a cousin that looks kinda like my sister around my age range.
So you can see, I can only view them as sisters, nothing else.
Im not much of a hugger myself lol i dont even hug my own family. It rarely happens

Only low life’s that are not wanted by anyone else marry their cousins.
If you’re a normal person, it should never come to that.

This scenario never crossed my mind. I've only ever met one female cousin twice and we were both under 16 with a few year age gap lol

Only low life’s that are not wanted by anyone else marry their cousins.
If you’re a normal person, it should never come to that.

Weirdly enough it's actually practiced by the better off in order to keep wealth and power in the family.

Hard pass on that though

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Elder Somalis dont usually hug or touch each other, they do what i call a Bluetooth greeting - whilst keeping a distance, they smile, give a slight hand gesture which they then rest on their stomach.

Just give them the wakanda greeting next time.

1237186.gif

Last edited:
Do you guys hug your cousin from the opposite sex?
I got introduced to a relative of mine and I went in for a hug, she backed up said that she don’t hug guys. Then I said okay and put up my hand for a handshake, she said I don’t touch guys either.

I was so fucking embarrassed and confused :damedamn:

Like we are related, so we basically are family. What’s up with that?

Lmao I don’t hug guys either but my family friends are so outgoing they don’t see it as shame. It’s awkward for me inside whenever they give me a hug but I just brush it off

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
So you have Saudi Arabian cousin :krs:
Does she wear burqa too and don’t go anywhere without a man :cosbyhmm:

I got introduced to a relative of mine and I went in for a hug, she backed up said that she don’t hug guys. Then I said okay and put up my hand for a handshake, she said I don’t touch guys either.

No

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP

LMAO it's different for everybody.
Some cousins like to hug and look at you like this when they see you :dabcasar: While the anti hugging cousins look at you like :farole:

I like the former ones cause at least you hug and get on with it. No awkward situations.
The anti hug ones it's weird. You don't know whether to give a handshake or tell them orod meel naga fadhiiso neef yahay/yahow.:mjhaps:

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP

You could theoretically marry a female first cousin in Islam. In practice though most people in the west would never marry their own first cousin (I definitely wouldn't), but as you aren't her mahram technically she was right to refuse to hug you.

She is probably more strict on this, it varies from person to person so some of your other cousins may be ok with hugs but it's something to be aware of because it can get awkward. Generally I don't hug any woman unless they offer to first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending